Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage 30ml/1fl.oz Reviews

Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage 30ml/1fl.oz

New-Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage - Keep the old skin and forget about the new!

Dec 28, 2004

Pros:Good idea for those who can't or won't wear band-aids.

Cons:Stinks, didn't work, possible to spread germs.

The Bottom Line: It stinks and didn't work. It was a complete waste of money and time.

I originally purchased the New-Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage because of our son. Zacky has Sensory Integration Dysfunction, so he can't tolerate anything on his skin, including band-aids. I thought that the New-Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage would be great because it was something that, when dry, he wouldn't be able to see or peel off.

The first chance I had to use the New-Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage was when I accidentally cut one of Zacky's fingernails too short and it bled. He HATES having his finger and toe nails cut, so having to trim them is to trim a moving target. Once in a while I get one to short when he jerks or pulls are the last second.

New-Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage comes is a .3 fl oz dark colored bottle. There was a tamper seal on the end, which took me no time to peel off. The white lid screws down on the bottle and has a brush on the end that nearly touches the bottom of the bottle inside, much like a bottle of nail polish.

When Zack saw me coming near him with the bottle, he immediately screamed and took off, since he didn't know what it was. I sat him back down and opened the bottle. The liquid itself is clear, but it seriously stinks! It smells almost like a clear coat of nail polish, or that no-bite nail stuff I used years ago. It makes your nose burn when you catch a whiff.

I put some on Zacky's finger where it had been bleeding and he threw a fit! I don't know if it stung or if he just didn't like that I had put something on him. Alcohol is an inactive ingredient, so it might have burned a little bit. I haven't had a chance to use it on me.

I sat with him for almost 5 minutes, blowing on his finger like I would do to make nail polish dry faster. Just before I turned Zack loose again, he was sitting impatiently on the sofa with me, I touched the edge of the area. It was still wet! I gave it another few minutes and blew harder. By this time Zack was really getting ticked, and I can't say I was much happier about it than he was.

After nearly 10 minutes the New-Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage still wasn't dry. By this time I was disgusted and Zack was completely peeved at me for not only putting the stinky stuff on him but holding him still on the sofa for so long. They say "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned", well, try sitting with a child that doesn't want to sit! He was furious and had cried so much he almost made himself sick!

I finally got ticked off and wiped the New-Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage off with a damp wash cloth and turned Zack loose. With his sensory issues, Zack doesn't like to be hugged as it is, but that night he was mad at me for making him endure the New-Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage and wouldn't hardly let me touch him at all. He almost never gets that mad at me, so I was not only angry with the product that didn't work, but hurt because my son was so upset by it.

Other than the issues mentioned, I had one other problem with the New-Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage. I was always told that when using an antiseptic or ointment of any kind, never let it touch the wound. That could harvest the germs and bacteria on the wound and then pass them along to the next person to use it. With the New-Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage everyone re-uses the same brush and puts it back in the container. I'm not sure how sanitary that would be. In our home, Zack would have been the only one to use it, had it worked properly, but even then all boo-boos aren't created equal.

We had no luck at all with the New-Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage. There is no way I would purchase this again.

From the box:

Uses:

Protects cuts and scrapes. Prevents and protects blisters. Helps prevent the formation of calluses. Covers painful hangnails. Particularly useful for bowlers, golfers, tennis players, fisherman and musicians.

Ingredients:

~Active ingredient - 8-hydroxyquinoline 1% - Antiseptic
~Inactive ingredients - alcohol 6.7%, oil of cloves, proxylin solution.

Directions:

Clean affected area. Apply small amount on the area 1-3 times daily. Let dry. A second coating may be applied for extra protection. To remove, apply more New Skin and quickly wipe off. Fingernail polish remover may dissolve New-Skin.

Warnings:

For external use only. Flammable. Keep away from fire or flame.

Do not use: in the eyes, over large areas of the body, longer than one week unless directed by a doctor, on infected areas or wounds that are draining, with other first aid products such as lotions and creams, over sutures, on mucous membranes.

Ask a doctor before using it you have: deep puncture wounds, deep cuts, animal bites, serious bleeding, diabetes, poor circulation or serious burns.

Other information:

Store at room temperature away from heat. May temporarily sting upon application. Do not allow to come into contact with floors, countertops, or other finishes surfaces--will stain.

www.newskinproducts.com

New-skin First Aid Antiseptic Liquid Bandage 1 Fl Oz (30 Ml)

Please note: Due to packaging updates, the image shown may temporarily appear different from the product received.For Small Cuts Wounds #1 Liquid Band...

New-skin First Aid Antiseptic Liquid Bandage 1 Fl Oz (30 Ml)

--- Select Brand --- Avent Braun Carlson CHI CHI Air Conair Cytosport Doctor's Best Dr.Scholl's Eclipse Evercare Garden of Life HoMedics Honeywell Inf...

Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage - 1 Oz

Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage - 1 Oz

New Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage - 1 Oz

Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage Spray - 1 Oz

Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage Spray - 1 Oz

Home About Us Shipping FAQ Contact Us Feedback of our customers Check Out our new items Send Message through our contact form Newsletter Add my Shop t...
Brand New-skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage Spray 1 Fl Oz - Over 40 Applications

Brand New-skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage Spray 1 Fl Oz - Over 40 Applications

Brand New-Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage Spray 1 fl oz #1 Liquid Bandage Antiseptic To Help Prevent Infection Convenient To Use On Hard to Cover Areas...

Skin Liquid Bandage Liquid Antiseptic

Skin Liquid Bandage Liquid Antiseptic

New Skin Liquid Bandage 0.3 oz Tube Details New Skin Liquid Bandage 0.3 oz is a liquid antiseptic that helps to heal and protect small cuts and wounds...

New-skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage Spray 1 Fl Oz

New-skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage Spray 1 Fl Oz

Please note: Due to packaging updates, the image shown may temporarily appear different from the product received.For Larger Areas #1 Liquid Bandage O...

Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage - 1 Oz (3 Pack)

Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage - 1 Oz (3 Pack)

New Skin Antiseptic Liquid Bandage - 1 Oz (3 Pack)

Skin First Aid Antiseptic Liquid Bandage Spray - 1 Oz

Skin First Aid Antiseptic Liquid Bandage Spray - 1 Oz

New Skin First Aid Antiseptic Liquid Bandage Spray - 1 Oz

Skin First Aid Antiseptic Liquid Bandage Spray - 1 Oz (3 Pack)

Skin First Aid Antiseptic Liquid Bandage Spray - 1 Oz (3 Pack)

New Skin First Aid Antiseptic Liquid Bandage Spray - 1 Oz (3 Pack)