Newman's Own Canned Dog Food( Newmans Own Dog Can Trky/Chkn

Hanna loves you, Paul and Nell Newman

Dec 20, 2007 (Updated Dec 21, 2007)

Pros:great ingredients, Paul Newman's charities

Cons:the price

The Bottom Line: This is a great product. Hanna loves it and we feel good giving it to her.

When we started eating more organic food we figured Hanna. our 4 year old Pomeranian, should as well. Hanna's main food is dry but she get wet food when we go out to distract her and as a treat.

All of Newman’s dog foods have certified organic ingredients, including Bell & Evans Chicken (which Panera sells) and organic vegetables and grains. The products do not contain antibiotics, hormones, chemical ingredients or artificial preservatives, colors, or additives.

I buy Newman's Organics at Whole Foods though I was told that it has been seen at Target. Supermarkets and pet stores do not see Newman's Organics or any Newman's line.

Newman’s does not use poultry by product meal. As someone who grew up in a meat packing company I know what this is. I don't want to eat it so why should Hanna?

Newman's Own Canned Dog Food (Chicken and Brown Rice is the exact name not Trky/Chkn) comes in 11.1-ounce cans and 5.5 ounce cans. These smaller cans have a pop top lid but no plastic lid. I buy plastic lids at the supermarket. You can get 3 of them for a couple of dollars.

The food doesn't smell bad but given the ingredients I was at first surprised that it didn't smell wonderful. I eat the first seven ingredients! There are small chunks of carrots in the food. This is not a pate or chunks in gravy. It's more like chopped meat.

Hanna's thoughts

I love Paul Newman and Nell. I love all his food (well mostly) and think it's really good for me. When there isn't much left in the Chicken can I get to lick the can clean and I do!

Other information

The first seven ingredients are organic chicken, water, ocean whitefish, brown rice, carrots, organic turkey,and oat bran.

The small cans cost me $1.19 (5.5 ounces). The larger cans run around $2.50. The price is an issue I know. I haven't bought supermarket dog food in years but you can buy 4 13.2 ounce cans of Alpo for $3.00 at Walgreen's.

My final thoughts:

I can't imagine why we would ever switch to something else. Paul Newman’s company gives the profits to charity so not only are we putting good food in Hanna but we are helping others.

Newman's Own Organics Liver Canned Dog Food 12/12-oz cans-

Owners will appreciate that Newman's Own Organics Liver canned dog food is a complete and balanced food providing all essential vitamins and minerals...
Newman's Own Organics Grain-Free Liver Canned Dog Food, 12-oz, case of 12

Newman's Own Organics Grain-Free Liver Canned Dog Food, 12-oz, case of 12

Newman's Own Organics Grain-Free Liver Canned Dog Food, 12-oz, case of 12; Newman’s Own Organics was created in 1993. Their Holistic formulas are ba...

Newman's Own Organics Beef & Liver Canned Dog Food 12/12-oz cans-

Newman's Own Organics Beef & Liver Canned Dog Food 12/12-oz cans-

Owners will appreciate that Newman's Own Organics Beef & Liver canned dog food is a complete and balanced food providing all essential vitamins and mi...
PetFoodDirect

Newman's Own Organics Grain-Free Beef & Liver Canned Dog Food, 12-oz, case of 12; Newman’s Own Organics was created in 1993. Their Holistic formulas...

Newman's Own Organics Chicken Formula Canned Dog Food, 12.7-oz, case of 12

Newman's Own Organics Chicken Formula Canned Dog Food, 12.7-oz, case of 12

Newman's Own Organics Chicken Formula Canned Dog Food, 12.7-oz, case of 12; Newman’s Own Organics was created in 1993. Their Holistic formulas are b...
Chewy.com

Newman's Own Organics Adult Turkey & Brown Rice Formula Canned Dog Food 24/5.5-oz cans-

Help your dog eat his or her way to health with Newman's Own Organic Adult Turkey and Brown Rice Formula Canned Dog Food. Fortified with added mineral...