Nicoderm CQ Patch

Equate vs Nicoderm CQ

Mar 25, 2001 (Updated Apr 2, 2005)

Pros:Cheaper than Nicoderm CQ, working well, curbs the urges of the sensations of smoking

Cons:none as of day 5

The Bottom Line: In Five days, I have been around a house full of smokers and by wearing the patch, I am proud to say I have not lite one up!

Once I had decided it was time to give up cigarettes, I set my mind in MOTION to quit. I had read different Epinions from other members in smoking censsations about the Nicoderm CQ patch.

Seeing there were different views on this product, and with no guarantee I would quit. I selected the generic brand EQUATE.

After reading both packages, I couldn't see any difference between Nicodern CQ and Equate (Which is a Walmart's store brand). What I had read was:

The NicoDerm CQ patch contains a special nicotine rate-controlling membrane. This membrane releases nicotine into your bloodstream through your skin. NicoDerm CQ is designed to provide a lower level of nicotine to your blood than cigarettes, and allows you to gradually do away with your body's need for nicotine.

"Consult your physician regarding medical decisions." Well My doctor already suggested that i quit smoking, and recommended trying the patch!

Therefore, I went with the generic brand to give it a try, and if it didnt work for me I would start over using Nicoderm CQ Patch instead and pay a little more. I am determined that I was am going to be a Non Smoker.

Here it now, Day 5 of wearing the patch and I am proud to say according to the silkquit meter running on my computer. I am now at day 5 and I have not smoked 231 cigarettes since I first started to wear this patch. I have saved $57.93 in cigarette purchases according to the amount of cigarettes I smoked per day and the cost.

I have not experienced any side-effects, the cravings come and go, I simply breathe real shallow until it ceases and continue to focus on other things.

The cost of the Nicoderm CQ was 27.87 at Walmart compared to the Equate brand which only cost me 18.86, for a seven day supply. This was a great savings, not knowing whether the Patch would actually work for me.

So far so good for a person who has smoked over 30 years to go from 2 packs to 0 in just 5 days into the program.

According to the box there are two steps Step one is for anyone who smokes 10 or more cigarettes a day. Step Two is for 10 or less per day. The patch should be worn continuously for 8 weeks.

I smoked my last cigarette in the evening and just before I went to bed that night I applied the first patch. I woke up the next morning feeling great and didn't even crave that first cigarette with my first cup of coffee for the day!

Amazingly enough, after many many years of this ritual!

If you are considering to quit smoking... I would recommend setting your mind in motion that you are going to STOP. Then try the generic brand over Nicoderm CQ for savings and to see if the Patch would be effective for your needs!

Revised 4/05
Within the 8 weeks I did completely Quit Smoking for a long period of time almost 2 years. All it took was surcuming to the urge and lighting that first cigarette up that I became a smoker once again.

I plan on quitting again and when I actually set my mind in motion once again to do this... I will go with using the Equate Pacth over the Nicoderm CQ Patch for a better svings and because I know it works!

Nicoderm CQ 21 mg Step 1 Clear Patches - 14 Count

Nicoderm CQ 21 mg Step 1 Clear Patches - 14 Count

Find habit treatment at Target.com! The nicoderm cq step 1 clear patch helps you slowly quit smoking. It looks like an adhesive bandage and easily sti...

Nicoderm Cq Clear Patches Step 1, 2 Or 3

Nicoderm Cq Clear Patches Step 1, 2 Or 3

NicoDerm CQ Clear Patches Step 1, 2 Or 3 New....Sealed!!!A Form Of Nicotine Replacement Therapy. They Look Like Adhesive Bandages And Stick To The Ski...

Nicoderm® Cq® Clear Step 2 - 14mg, Nicotine Transdermal System, 21 Clear Patches

Step 2 Starter Kit If you smoke 10 or less cigarettes per day What is the NicoDerm CQ Patch and How is it used?Nicoderm CQ is a small, nicotine-contai...

NicoDerm CQ Step 1 Stop Smoking Aid Clear Patches

NicoDerm CQ Step 1 Stop Smoking Aid Clear Patches

Nicoderm® Cq® Clear Step 1 - 21mg,nicotine Transdermal System, 21 Clear Patches

Nicoderm® Cq® Clear Step 1 - 21mg,nicotine Transdermal System, 21 Clear Patches

Getting Started with NicoDerm CQ Preparing to quit is important, take some time to do it right. Select the NicoDerm CQ that's right for you. If you sm...

Nicoderm® Cq® Clear Step 2 - 14mg - 21 Clear Patches -exp: 12/14 - Free Shipping

NicoDerm® CQ® Clear Step 2 - 14mg - 21 Clear Patches - 3 Week Kit - FREE SHIIPPING NEW - SEALED PACKAGE EXP: 12/2014
Glaxo Smith Kline Stop Smoking Aid Nicoderm® Cq™ 7 Mg / 24 Hou

Glaxo Smith Kline Stop Smoking Aid Nicoderm® Cq™ 7 Mg / 24 Hou

Glaxo Smith Kline: Stop Smoking Aid Nicoderm; CQ; 7 mg / 24 Hour Transdermal Patch, 14EA/PK (Qty: 14EA/PK)Qty: 14EA/PKUNSPSC Code : 51212202Dosage For...