Nike Little Pico III Shoes

Nike Little Pico III Infant Shoes are cute and comfy, but didn't last us long

Sep 9, 2009

Pros:Attractive shoes, easy to put on and take off

Cons:Velcro tab ripped off too easily

The Bottom Line: The Nike Little Pico III V Wide Infant/Toddler/Midnight Navy Boys Shoe is very cute, but not durable enough to warrant the price.

When it comes to shoes for babies, I'm not too picky. They basically need to look good, fit my child, and last the three to four months until the little guy grows out of them. With the Nike Little Pico III V Wide Infant/Toddler/Midnight Navy Boys Shoes, I got two out of three.

The Nike Little Pico III is a very simple shoe, design-wise. What we have here is a white leather "sporty" looking shoe with a navy blue sole and a navy blue swoosh on the side. The shoe stays secured on baby's foot by the power of two velcro straps on top.

I bought the Nike Little Pico III for my son at Famous Footwear for $19.99 when his foot was a size four. He had just started walking, and I wanted him to have a shoe with a hard flat sole when he was out following his sisters around the park.

For the first two months, everything was fine. These shoes go with anything, even "dressy" (non-tux) situations, so they got daily use. Despite being white, they never got dirty enough to need anything more than a spot-clean. My son never pointed at his toes, or did any of his other complaining things about them, so I assume they felt comfortable.

Then, "IT" happened. I un-velcroed one of the straps to take the shoe off of my son, and the whole velcro came off! I don't have anything strong enough at home to sew leather back on to leather, nor did I feel like buying something. I used Gorilla Glue to re-attach the bottom (receiving end) of the velcro, but the bottom came off again within a week. We contemplated just letting my son walk around with one velcro attached, but that felt and looked wrong. Also, the velcro strap hanging mid-air gave him too much motivation to pull on it, which I worried could create more damage.

So, I retired the Nike Little Pico III V Midnight Navy Boys Shoes--Infant and bought him another pair of shoes, since his foot wasn't going to be small enough for these for much more than another month anyways.

Recommendation?
Here's the deal: the Nike Little Piko III is an adorable shoe that is plain enough to go with darn near any outfit a little boy wears. If my son's foot had only lasted in the Infant size four for two months, I would give these shoes five stars with a "Buy Now" recommendation. However, the shoes couldn't stay in one piece for more than two months, so I doubt they would be something you want to spend $36.99 (the current lowest price online) on.

One of the best "feel good" promotions I've participated in with Epinions involved shoe donations for every shoe review written. I had no idea shoe reviews could be done at the time. Just another of the many things I've learned through my participation on this site. Happy Birthday, Epinions. 9/9/09.

Nike Pico 4 (TDV) Toddler Girls Sneakers Shoes

Nike Pico 4 (TDV) Toddler Girls Sneakers Shoes

The Nike Pico 4 (TDV) Athletic feature a Synthetic upper with a Round Toe. The Man-Made outsole lends lasting traction and wear.
Nike White Pico 4 Wide Athletic Shoes - Toddler Boys

Nike White Pico 4 Wide Athletic Shoes - Toddler Boys

Nike shoes at Kohls.com - Shop our entire selection of boys' shoes, including these Nike Pico 4 Wide Athletic Shoes, at Kohls.com.
Kohl's

Nike Kids Pico 4 (Infant/Toddler) (White/Midnight Navy) Kids Shoes Size 2 Infant M

For run or for play, the Pico 4 is a great shoe, everyday! ; Smooth leather upper with bright stitching design. Hook-and-loop closures and built-in ki...

Nike Toddler Boys' or Little Boys' Pico 4 Sneakers from Finish Line

With Velcro fasteners, these Nike shoes are built for speed. Quick to put on or take off, plus secure while in wear, Pico 4 sneakers are go-tos when h...

Nike Girls' Pico 4 Sneakers - Walker, Toddler

Nike Girls' Pico 4 Sneakers - Walker, Toddler

These Nike shoes deliver a secure fit and great traction, so they're the perfect learning-to-walk sneaker.

Nike Kids Pico 4 (Infant/Toddler) (White/Spark/Prism Pink) Girls Shoes Size 10 Toddler W

Nike Boys' Pico 4 Sneakers - Walker, Toddler

Nike Boys' Pico 4 Sneakers - Walker, Toddler

Nike Kids Pico 4 (Infant/Toddler) (White/Spark/Prism Pink) Girls Shoes Size 9 Toddler W