Nikon D700 12.1 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only) Reviews

Nikon D700 12.1 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only)

Great camera!

Feb 27, 2013

Pros:good picture quality, suitable for the journey

Cons:price drops too quickly

The Bottom Line: I think this digital camera is the right one for the Photography fans! I've recommended to many friends!

It took the D700 to finally pry my old Nikon F5 film camera out of my hands.

With the prices of top end equipment today, I don't know how a young "photog" can even get started, but this D700 is quite a piece of equipment. Nikon is pretty good about making bodies that are compatible with their older lenses and thankfully, I already had a bagful of Nikon glass. Nevertheless, I still dropped $3,500 for the body and SB900 flash.

Together with a Macbook Pro, I'm getting some great stuff from this new body (and I don't miss the endless hours in the darkroom or outside lab expenses). Obviously, anyone who jumps from film to top end digital will be amazed at the speed, versatility and creative ability of a body like the D700, but I spent nearly two years looking at Nikon bodies, so I knew what to expect. I love the FX format, but the D3x at 8 grand was never a serious consideration for me. The 24 megapix and a few other bells and whistles couldn't make that sale to a working man.

I've been through the book twice and frequently reference the Magic Lantern book as well, but I'll be another year or two playing catch-up to the digital world. I am enjoying the journey.

Dhcamera Store Payments Shipping Returns Terms Nikon Flash unit This is the original OEM Flash unit for the Nikon D700 camera. Question? If you want t...