Nilla Wafers, 12 Oz Boxes (Pack Of 12) Reviews

Nilla Wafers, 12 Oz Boxes (Pack Of 12)

It may look like a basic cookie but it can be so much more

Mar 15, 2011 (Updated Mar 15, 2011)

Pros: Most people like the taste.  Lots of uses.

Cons:Hydrogenated cottonseed oil, high fructose corn syrup

The Bottom Line: Hats off to whomever created the recipe for Nilla Wafers and banana pudding.

This is one of the only type of store-bought cookies that everyone in our family enjoys.  The cookies are so versatile because they can be eaten straight out of the box, stuffed with icing between them, or added to a dessert.  My favorite use for Nilla Wafers is banana pudding which happens to be the recipe on the side of the box.  There are plenty of recipes on Kraft's website for Nilla Wafers or nabiscoworld.com/nilla for some gorgeous holiday recipes.  The cookies line up nicely to make an attractive dessert for guests.

I like to have these on hand for school lunches.  The serving size is 8 cookies so it seems like they are getting more than they really are.  My daughter really loves to dip her Nilla cookies in a glass of milk.  They do have some ingredients that I don't like to serve the family so we don't eat them too frequently.

The cookies are usually fairly expensive at the grocery store but occasionally go on sale.  They are packaged in a foil bag inside a box so they store better and stay fresh longer than something like chocolate chip cookies in a tray.  We've tried the other name brand and store brands but they don't even come close to the taste and texture of the authentic Nilla Wafer.

Another reason I like to buy these is because I can't or don't try to recreate them at home.  Even if I did have a close recipe, it would take forever to make such little cookies and very hard to get the crunchy texture that we enjoy so much.  The wafers have a slight vanilla taste to them and not overly sweet.  They are rather bland which makes them a suitable choice to use as a crust or decorative piece in another dessert especially when it's time to use them up before they go stale.  An expired Nilla Wafer is a terrible experience.

Ingredients

Unbleached Enriched Flour, Sugar, Soybean Oil, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Partially Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Whey (from Milk), Eggs, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Salt, Leavening, Mono and Diglycerides (Emulsifier)

Allergy:  Contains Wheat, Milk, Soy.

It's nice to have a cookie that is not produced in a facility that also produces nuts.

Nutritional Information

Sugars:  11 grams
Calcium:  2%

Nabisco Mini Nilla Wafers 11 Oz

Nabisco Mini Nilla Wafers 11 Oz

Nabisco Mini Nilla Wafers Auction is for one 11 oz box ******************************************** Combined Shipping Available We accept PayPal only....

Nabisco Nilla Wafers 11 Oz

Nabisco Nilla Wafers 11 Oz

Auction is for one 11 oz package of Nabisco Nilla Wafers

Nabisco Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers 11 Oz

Nabisco Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers 11 Oz

Nabisco Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers Auction is for one 11 oz box ******************************************** Combined Shipping Available We accept PayPa...

40 Nabisco Mini Snack Ritz Bits Mini Oreo Nutter Butter Chips Ahoy Nilla Wafers

40 Nabisco Mini Snack Ritz Bits Mini Oreo Nutter Butter Chips Ahoy Nilla Wafers

40 Nabisco Mini Snack Ritz Bits Mini Oreo Nutter Butter Chips Ahoy Nilla Wafers Brand NEW in Retail Box Exp. Date: 60 days or more Nabisco Mini Snack ...