No Ad Sport Ultra Block SPF 30 Reviews

No Ad Sport Ultra Block SPF 30

The Thick White Stuff That Actually Works

May 10, 2007 (Updated Jun 7, 2007)

Pros:cheap, feels light, really sweatproof/waterproof, protects my fair skin for hours, no breakouts, NO-ADdiction donation

Cons:takes longer to blend into skin than some lotions, scent may not appeal to all

The Bottom Line: Once in a while, you get lucky and get more than you pay for.

Hello, my name is Jeavinl and I burn easily. For the past 30 years, my mother (in the beginning) and I have tried valiantly to protect my skin from the sun’s harmful rays. I’ve bought countless sunblocks in the last 10 years to try to make my life easier and less painful and have found that sometimes it’s the cheap, reliable stuff that actually works.

My experience
That’s the case with this NO-AD sunblock. I bought a bottle of it about five years ago and it worked so I bought a second one almost two years ago and used it last summer as my backup sunblock. By the end of the summer, it had moved up in rotation.

Why? Because it stayed put, worked for several hours, didn’t cause any irritation and was gentle enough for use on my face, and didn’t make me breakout or feel slimy. I have a huge 16 oz. bottle (also available in a 3.5 oz. bottle) of it and am just finishing it up this season. (Sunscreens can expire and often list an expiration date. My bottle does not have one or else it rubbed off a long time ago. But I used some of this stuff at the park last weekend and came home sunburn-free.)

Unlike the newer continuous spray formulas, which I love in concept, this is your traditional white cream sunscreen. It’s thick. It’s white. It takes a minute to rub into your skin. But it’s not a physical barrier cream like zinc oxide or titanium oxide, so it does blend in and doesn’t leave a white film. Considering how thick it looks, it actually blends in very well. It feels very light on my skin and, other than the scent, I hardly know I’m wearing any sunscreen. It doesn’t make me itchy by the end of the day like some other sunscreens I’ve used and even if I forget to wash it off at the end of the day I’ve never noticed it aggravating my oily, blemish-prone skin.

I generally try to avoid being out at peak hours (10am-2pm), but even when I am out and about at that time, this stuff works. I’ve used this sunblock at the beach, in a pool, at parks, while gardening, and for everyday running around. It has never dripped into my eyes and caused irritation, unlike my daughter’s old sunscreen, and it’s been one of the most reliable waterproof/sweatproof formulas I’ve tried.

The scent is OK. It reminds me of the stuff my mother used to slather on me years and years ago. Yes, it’s that old, nostalgic sunscreen scent. I kind of like it. It’s certainly not offensive.

Although I’ve always known NO-AD products were cheaper than other comparable products (and often stayed away from them for just that reason), I never realized that they donate their profits anywhere in particular. But, according to the back of my bottle, 5% of NO-AD’s profits are donated to “support drug and alcohol addiction prevention programs in high schools throughout the U.S.A.” I’m not sure if that’s an ongoing campaign or not, but it definitely made me feel better about buying the “cheap brand.”

Overall
It’s waterproof, sweatproof, PABA-free, protects my fair skin (face and body) from burns for several hours (better than some SPF 50 sunscreens I’ve tried), feels light on my skin, doesn’t cause breakouts, smells OK, is affordable, and the profits even go to a good cause. This is good stuff.

Ingredients
Octinoxate, Octisalate, Oxybenzone

From the manufacturer
No-Ad Sport Ultra Block Lotion Gives you 30 times your natural degree of sunburn protection. Waterproof and sunproof so you can handle any sun sport. No-Ad Sport Ultra Block Lotion Provides broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection. No-Ad Sport Ultra Block Lotion Retains maximum protection for 80 minutes even after sweating or going in the water.No-Ad Sport Ultra Block Lotion, SPF 30 Sport Formula - A superior performing sunblock lotion specifically designed to handle any sun sport. UVA - helps prevent skin damage & premature aging due to the sun. UVB - increases skin's natural sunburn protection level up to 30 times. Very Water and Sweat Resistant - Maximum protection for up to 80 minutes in water or sweating.

Other sun protection products I’ve reviewed:
Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock SPF 45
Banana Boat Baby Magic Sunblock Lotion SPF 50
Coppertone Water Babies Sunblock Stick SPF 30
Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray SPF 50
Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen Lotion Spray SPF 50

Thanks Shantel575 for adding this product for me. Sorry it took so long for me to post the review.

NO AD SPF 45 Sunscreen Lotion, 16 fl oz

NO AD SPF 45 Sunscreen Lotion, 16 fl oz

No-Ad Sunblock Lotion SPF 45 non-greasy formula provide protection from sun's harmful rays and help prevent premature aging.

3 No-ad Sport Continuous Spray 30 Spf Water Resistant Sun Screen 6fl Oz Cb1

3 No-ad Sport Continuous Spray 30 Spf Water Resistant Sun Screen 6fl Oz Cb1

3 NO-AD Sport Continuous Spray 30 SPF Water Resistant Sun Screen 6fl oz Shipping:$5.00 Lot of 3 3 Bottles of NO-AD Sport Continuous Spray 30 SPF Sunsc...

No-Ad Sport Active Sun screen Lotion SPF 50, 16 fl oz

No-Ad Sport Active Sun screen Lotion SPF 50, 16 fl oz

The No-Ad Sport Active Sunscreen Lotion protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays. It is water- and sweat-resistant, making it ideal to use whi...

No-ad Sunscreen Lotion, Spf 45 16 Fl Oz (475 Ml)

No-ad Sunscreen Lotion, Spf 45 16 Fl Oz (475 Ml)

CHI CHI Air Conair Cytosport Doctor's Best Dr.Scholl's Eclipse Evercare Garden of Life HoMedics Honeywell Infiniti by Conair Just for Men Kirk's Leach...

5 Pack No-ad Spf 50 Sport Sunscreen Lotion 1.5oz Water Resistant Use By 02/2016

5 Pack No-ad Spf 50 Sport Sunscreen Lotion 1.5oz Water Resistant Use By 02/2016

5 pack NO-AD SPF 50 Sport Sunscreen Lotion 1.5oz Water Resistant Use by 02/2016 NO-AD brand SPF50 Sport sunscreen, lot of 5 1.5oz tubes. Perfect size ...

No-ad Sunscreen Sport Lotion Spf 50 With Aloe & Vitamin E 16 Fl Oz

No-ad Sunscreen Sport Lotion Spf 50 With Aloe & Vitamin E 16 Fl Oz

No-Ad Sunscreen Sport Lotion Spf 50 With Aloe Vitamin E 16 FL OZ The dab-on applicator is convenient, with a long lasting, highly water resistant form...

No-ad Sport Continuos Spray Sunscreen Spf 30 10 Fl Oz Lot Of 3