No Rinse Shampoo 2 oz. Reviews

No Rinse Shampoo 2 oz.

No-Rinse Shampoo is perfect for the disabled and elderly communities

May 5, 2003

Pros:No water necessary, hospital tested and approved

Cons:Only available at beauty supply stores

The Bottom Line: The portable shampoo that works for campers and hikers and has been used by NASA astronauts.

Several years ago I saw an advertisement in a disability magazine for the No Rinse line of products, which consists of No Rinse Shampoo, No Rinse Body Bath, No Rinse Body Wash and No Rinse Bathing Wipes.

The bottles on these products are color coded, such as blue for shampoo, green for body bath and purple for the body wash. The wipes are packaged like a small wipe refill and perfect for traveling. There is a toll-free number that you call to get free samples along with a letter indicating the closest retailers to your address with their information.

When I received my samples the first time I was very impressed with this line and called the number to inquire about having samples sent to another person. My grandmother was in her final stages of Alzheimer’s with my grandfather attending to all her needs. No Rinse sent off a set of samples to their address in another State.

I have been praising the No Rinse Shampoo ever since because it is the easiest way to get my younger son’s hair washed. This can be done while he is in the tub playing around and not focused on what I am doing. Because there is no need for water the No Rinse Shampoo does not have to be used only when in the bathroom or in the tub. Because my son moves around constantly I will not use this while he is on the bed or couch watching a video. I try to get him into the kitchen and have a towel or rug beneath him and apply a squirt to his scalp. I prefer this than squeezing some into the palm of my hand and then onto his head.

The No Rinse Shampoo comes out fast and in a clear liquid. This should be applied until the hair is completely wet. The next step is to massage into a lather and towel dry with an absorbent towel. The scent is not at all overpowering and leaves a clean fresh scent on the hair along with softness and manageability. No Rinse Shampoo is mild and non-irritating and perfect for those who are disabled or elderly and cannot manage to clean their hair on their own or too dangerous a task to do alone.

Once the No Rinse Shampoo is squirted onto the scalp and rest of the hair it lathers quickly. You will need to use several squirts to get the full head of hair soaking wet and then towel dry before combing out. This whole process is much faster than the traditional way of shampooing and saves time when resources are limited.

No Rinse Shampoo comes with a 100% guarantee and can be used as often as necessary and twice for overly soiled hair. The ingredients consist of Water, triethanolamine lauryl sulfate, propylene glycol, cocamide DEA, fragrance, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben and citric acid. Although fragrance is listed I can confirm that it is more a baby powder type of scent. When we first arrived at therapy recently the therapist mentioned how clean and fresh my son smelled and wanted to know if his hair was just washed. I have cuts on my fingers due to my eczema and have no skin irritations when applying the No Rinse Shampoo on my son.

It only takes a matter of minutes and could be done practically anywhere, as long as you have a towel to dry your hair after lathering. The cap is a flip top with the sample sizes being 2 fluid ounces. For $6.99 I purchase a 16 fluid ounce of No Rinse Shampoo at Sally Beauty Supply.

Even for those who are not incapacitated or in an area with no water could utilize No Rinse Shampoo in a pinch. If your bell rings with unexpected visitors all you need to do is excuse yourself to the restroom and squirt this onto your hair, lather and towel dry for a clean head of hair with a pleasing scent. We do not have pets, but for those that do you can safely use this on your dog or cat. This way when traveling where the water supply is limited everyone can stay clean and fresh.

I would highly suggest purchasing a bottle of any of the No Rinse products for an elderly relative or friend this coming Mother’s Day or any day for that matter. Home health care workers should have a bottle of this in their knapsack for when the need arises with a new patient or if one becomes non-ambulatory. I have a bottle in our vehicle for emergency purposes as well as in our earthquake kit. There are times that our hot water has run out before I can get to washing my older son’s hair, so having the No Rinse Shampoo on hand helps out in other ways too.

The website has testimonials and a link to view an astronaut using No Rinse Shampoo. Their products have been available since 1948 and made in the U.S.A. The number to call is 1-800-223-9348. There are no options that I know of for various hair types, just the one suitable for all, like a one size fits all type of product. There is no filmy residue or stickiness on the hands or scalp after drying. It is fairly easy to comb out and not as wet had the hair been washed with water.

Since I found No Rinse Shampoo my son is able to have clean fresh smelling hair. For those who have sensory issues this does not require the head under the water or the feeling of too hot or cold on the scalp. Perfectly suited for the bedridden as well as hikers and astronauts.

NEW No Rinse Shampoo 2oz CS12 $5.97 $7.95 Because there are times when rinsing is not possible, No-Rinse cleans and refreshes without water. Outdoors,...

This auction is for No Rinse Shampoo - 2 oz Bottles - Case of 12 No Rinse Shampoo No Rinse Shampoo is an excellent means of washing your hair without ...
Complete Medical Supplies 7072C No-Rinse Shampoo 2 oz. Description No-Rinse Shampoo 2 oz. - 2 oz. - Completely cleans hair without water. - No need to...
This auction is for No Rinse Shampoo - 2 oz Bottles - Case of 144 No Rinse Shampoo No Rinse Shampoo is an excellent means of washing your hair without...
Case of 144 Ready To use Completely cleans hair without water Absolutely no rinsing is required Just apply, massage into hair, towel dry, and style Ho...