Obey Your Body Luxury Hand & Body Lotion "Almond" 8oz

Obey your better judgement and skip this lotion.

May 3, 2009

Pros:Not greasy, absorbs fast, subtle scent, nice hand cream

Cons:Hydration wears off fast, not for very dry skin, scent disappears immediately

The Bottom Line: Obey Your Body Luxury Hand & Body Lotion, Almond's scent is barely there and hydration wears off after a couple of hours. A decent hand cream though as it's greaseless.

I saw that a website was having a "blow out sale" on Obey Your Body products so I bought a few. The official Obey Your Body website sells their products for crazy high prices so I got a great deal as far as prices go on several items. One item I bought was Obey Your Body Luxury Hand & Body Lotion "Almond". It's nice lotion for the price but I would never pay the $49.99 the site charges or even the reduced price of $29.99 they are charging for this lotion in its old packaging.

About the Product

Obey Your Body Rich Hand & Body Lotions are formulated from Dead Sea Minerals known for their health and beauty benefits. They restore the moisture levels in the skin important for slowing the aging process. Enriched with Plant Extracts, their lotions have a light and non-greasy texture.

* Protects the skin against environmental effects
* Nourishes and hydrates your skin for up to 12 hours
* Softens and smooths the skin
* Absorbs easily.
* Wonderful almond fragrance

Manufacturer's Info

The Packaging

My product is in the old packaging which is a simple 8 ounce opaque plastic bottle with a flip open cap. The lotion is thick and bright white. The almond scent is subtle and smells more like Jordan Almonds than plain almond which is fine with me. I like the scent.

My Use

I thought, for some reason, that Obey Your Body products were all natural. They are not. They do contain some natural ingredients but there are preservatives, artificial colors and scents, and other long words that aren't natural in this lotion.

The lotion is more of a cream consistency and does spread on my skin easily. It's not oily and immediately absorbs, leaving my skin very silky. The scent almost immediately disappears. That is not so, however, with the Passion scent which is much more strongly scented with luscious tropical fruit.

My skin feels silky smooth and pampered after use but the claim that the lotion hydrates for 12 hours is simply not so. The hydration wears off after an hour or two. Although the lotion is thick, it seems to spread on thin and fade away faster than many lotions I own.

I prefer to use Obey Your Body Luxury Hand & Body Lotion "Almond" as a hand cream after washing my hands because it adsorbs quickly and rehydrates them and I can get back to what I was doing without waiting for the lotion to absorb. I leave the bottle in the bathroom by the hand soap and use it after hand washing. I rarely use the lotion on my body as I like lotions, creams, and butters that have stronger scents and that hydrate for a longer period of time.

I have experienced no irritation or rashes from the lotion and it hasn't burned my little "kitty claw cuts" on my hands.

Buying Info

Obey Your Body Luxury Hand & Body Lotion "Almond" is selling on eBay, Amazon.com, and at several other online stores. The official Obey Your Body site is not selling this fragrance although they are selling the same formula in three other scents on sale for $29.99 (down from $49.99). That is insane.

Conclusion

I'm not blown away by Obey Your Body Luxury Hand & Body Lotion "Almond". I like the Passion variety better but neither hydrates for more than a few hours at the most. While this lotion is a nice hydrating hand cream and may be great for those who need just a little body hydration, I wouldn't bother to buy it again. It's really very average even at a low price. 3 stars.

Obey Your Body Luxury Hand And Body Lotion 4 Oz. Passion Scent

Obey Your Body Luxury Hand And Body Lotion 4 Oz. Passion Scent

OBEY YOUR BODY LUXURY HAND AND BODY LOTION 4 OZ.~ PASSION SCENT HARD TO FIND ITEM

Obey Your Body Luxury Hand And Body Lotion 4 Oz. Almond Scent

Obey Your Body Luxury Hand And Body Lotion 4 Oz. Almond Scent

OBEY YOUR BODY LUXURY HAND AND BODY LOTION 4 OZ.~ ALMOND SCENT HARD TO FIND ITEM DISCONTINUED ITEMS HARD TO FIND NO RETURNS ACCEPTED ON THIS ITEM

4 Bottles Obey Your Body Luxury 237ml Passion Hand And Body Lotion

4 Bottles Obey Your Body Luxury 237ml Passion Hand And Body Lotion

Check out my other items !Be sure to add me to your favorites list !Description:Each order come with 4 bottles Each one 237ml/8 fl OZ Shipping:send it...

3 Obey Your Body Luxury Peeling Gel Original Dead Sea Mineral Formula 1.7 Oz Eac

You are bidding on a lot of 3 jars of OBEY YOUR BODY LUXURY PEELING GEL ORIGINAL DEAD SEA MINERAL FORMULA 1.7 oz each This advanced peeling gel is bas...

Obey Your Body Luxury Peeling Gel 1.7 Oz.

Obey Your Body Luxury Peeling Gel 1.7 Oz.

OBEY YOUR BODY LUXURY PEELING GEL 1.7 OZ.ORIGINAL DEAD SEA MINERALS HARD TO FIND ITEM

Obey Your Body Dead Sea Minerals Hand & Body Lotion La Femme

Obey Your Body Dead Sea Minerals Hand & Body Lotion La Femme

HAND BODY LOTION--La Femme This light-weight, luxurious hand and body lotion offers unmatched skin softening and hydrating treatment. It is made with ...

Obey Your Body Peel Off Mineral Mask

Obey Your Body Peel Off Mineral Mask

amirs10000 Store Obey your body peel off mineral mask normal to dry skin 1.7 fl.oz 50 ml
Obey Your Body Stay Anti Aging Eye Serum Free Shipping

Obey Your Body Stay Anti Aging Eye Serum Free Shipping

Silverwoman2011 Store Obey Your Body Stay Anti Aging Eye Serum This amazing eye serum, your body is a specially formulated serum and it conatins a com...
Obey Your Body Dead Sea Magnitude Unisex Kit Magnet Mask Contains Mineral

Obey Your Body Dead Sea Magnitude Unisex Kit Magnet Mask Contains Mineral

myhibiscusgarden Store OBEY YOUR BODY Dead Sea MAGNITUDE Kit Magnet Mask NIB Description Obey Your Body Dead Sea Magnitude Kit Magnet Facial Mask Cont...

Obey Your Body Scrub + Body Butter Spa Gift Set For A Complete Spa Experience

Obey Your Body Scrub + Body Butter Spa Gift Set For A Complete Spa Experience

~OBEY YOUR BODY~ Scrub + Body Butter SPA GIFT SET for a Complete Spa Experience First, when you first receive your spa package, pull the gel eye and s...