Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun Uv Defense Regenerating Lotion, Spf 15 , 2.5 Fl Oz 75 Ml Reviews

Olay'sTouch of Sun SPF 15 Has Regenerist's Moisturizing and Sunscreen

Jun 28, 2009

Pros:Quality of Regenerist's regenerating lotions with sunscreen
Thick and goes far

Cons:Touch of Sun didn't enhance my skin with a sun-kissed glow

The Bottom Line:

The Regenerating lotion moisturizes and has proven very successful for this user. The lotion combines Olay's moisturizer with a sunscreen for a quality product but it didn't provide sun color.

Oil of Olay has a nickname in some circles, “oil of old age” but that’s not necessarily a pejorative phrase.  Any “oil” that prevents young healthy skin from maturing into lizard skin is oil worth having. More than 15 years ago while living in the arid west it became abundantly apparent that my skin was destined to look like leather – soon!  Their selection of facial products was impressive and friends from Tucson swore by it.

I used to spend many hours each day outdoors and knew the importance of wearing a moisturizing lotion in the day, particularly something with sun protection.  My skin is normal, although aging, and Olay Complete with an SPF15 provided light non-greasy moisturizer with excellent results (the skin on my face is still soft and relatively wrinkle free for someone 50 let alone my age). I always kept a bottle at home and one stashed at work. Later I discovered Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum. I absolutely love this product – their claim, “leaves your skin feeling velvety smooth” is not only true but it keeps me returning to their product line.  Now there is Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion SPF 15.  This combines two great products into one with an added treat.

Regenerist’s Touch of Sun has UVA/UVB sunscreen but it also has a sunless tanner as well as their Regenerist moisturizer. This product provides the same Vitamin E and Olay amino peptide moisturizing qualities found in all of the Regenerist products.

Playing outdoors in Denver’s, Tucson’s and even Austin’s summer is very different from spending time outside in Houston’s summer.  The moment you become physical or active or perhaps just walking to your car, you get a natural glow from the perspiration dripping down your face.

I’m finding my experience with this product different than expected.  I love the way this moisturizes and very much appreciate the SPF 15 but it reacts somewhat unfavorably in this humid climate.  It tastes bad when it mixes with salt and sweat and slides past my mouth – not something I experienced with the daily regenerating serum.

The touch of sun sunless tanning glow seemed like a nice addition except the glow didn’t appear.  There was no glow on my face other than that provided by a humid climate and a happy life.

The instructions and packaging claim:
It gradually enhances skin’s natural color and tone with a touch of sunless tanner for a sun-kissed glow every day. After a few days your skin will look soft, regenerated and naturally glow with subtle color enhancement. No streaking or orange.” It even shows the transition of skin color transition over a period of one week.  They recommend that light/medium toned skin use this once a day and that medium/dark skin tones apply this twice a day to obtain a noticeable difference.

My skin tone is medium with lots of freckles that threaten to blend into one.  I tried the twice-a-day approach and nothing changed.  I will say that the SPF 15 protected me from sunburn.

I was out of commission for bike riding for several months and missed the opportunity to gradually build a slight tan base on my face before the sun intensity was so strong.  I used this while riding and didn’t burn – at least not on my face although the taste of Olay-infused sweat had me wiping my mouth with my bike jersey more than once. (I really should have used one of those sweat-resistant sunscreens.)

The pump bottle makes this convenient.  The lotion is thick but it goes a long way; a small dab completely covers my face with enough to spread on my neck.  I’ve barely made a dent in the 2.5 ounce bottle after more than a month of use.  It generally takes me four or five months to empty a 1.7 ounce bottle of Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum

This defense regenerating lotion absorbs quickly and hydrates potentially dry skin while protecting my face from harmful UV rays.  Perhaps I am a more mature Oil of Olay user but I wasn’t when first using Olay products.  Everyone needs a good skin moisturizer, something that works, if they spend a lot of time outdoors and if smart, they start a daily regime while young.  I’m pleased it still works and that they’ve been introducing quality products that combine some of the best of their best. The fact that Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion SPF 15 didn’t enhance my skin tone with a subtle skin-kissed glow is insignificant.  Two out of three still works for this mature Oil of Olay user.

For more information about this product and its ingredients visit www.olay.com and search under the Regenerist line of products.

Olay Regenerist Fill + Seal Wrinkle Treatment 1 Oz In Box

Olay Regenerist Fill + Seal Wrinkle Treatment 1 Oz In Box

Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Aging Fill Seal Wrinkle Treatment. 1.0 Fl Oz New Lot: 3289PRH Lot: 3252PRH Fills lines and creases to help decrease the ...

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Super Cream 50g/1.7oz by Olay

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Super Cream 50g/1.7oz by Olay

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$34.00 - Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Super Cream-50g/1.7oz - skincare / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com

Olay Regenerist Instant Fix Wrinkle & Pore Vanisher - 1 oz

Olay Regenerist Instant Fix Wrinkle & Pore Vanisher - 1 oz

Find facial skin care at Target.com! The dual action process works in two ways. It penetrates into the wrinkle surface to immediately reduce the appea...

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum 1.7 Fl Oz

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum 1.7 Fl Oz

Get better looking skin with Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum 1.7fl oz. It penetrates into the surface to help deliver the super-concentrated ami...

Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream X2

Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream X2

Health Beauty Beauty Care Non-Prescription Remedies Baby Kit Appliances Hardware Electronics Youth Electronics Thank you for your shopping, You are bi...

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream  1.7 oz

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream 1.7 oz

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream  1.7 ozProduct Description The result of over 50 years of Olay research, this luxurious cream has the highest co...
American Drug Supply Store

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum - 1.7 oz

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum - 1.7 oz

Find facial skin care at Target.com! Enjoy the advanced anti-aging properties of oil of olay with the regenerist micro-sculpting serum. It's great for...

Olay by Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Super Cream --50g/1.7oz

Olay by Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Super Cream --50g/1.7oz

Brand new, in-stock product. Ships fast and secure. ADD TO CART with confidence!
Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream 1.7 Ounce Free Shipping

Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream 1.7 Ounce Free Shipping

Our Store About Us View All Listings Feedback Policies Contact Us Bookmark Us View Our Deals Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream 1.7 Ounce Click any...