Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps, 16 Oz Boxes (Pack Of 6) Reviews

Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps, 16 Oz Boxes (Pack Of 6)

+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com

Great Ginger Snap Cookies

Dec 6, 2007

Pros:Great ginger and molasses taste, super crunchy, low in fat and zero cholesterol.

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Nabisco Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps are a healthy alternative to the cookies that are so high in fat, and they taste great.

My husband has really been craving sweets lately, and with his high cholesterol I have to be choosy with the snacks that I purchase for him to eat. He'd eat ice cream every night if I didn't give him a hard time about it!

Luckily, he absolutely loves molasses, and ginger snap cookies and molasses cookies are two of his favorites. We both really like Nabisco Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps.

These come in a 16 ounce box, and the front states they are made with real real ginger and molasses.

Ingredients

Enriched flour, folic acid, sugar, molasses preserved with sulfur dioxide, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, leavening (baking soda, calcium phosphate), ginger, salt, soy lecithin (emulsifier).

Nutritional Facts

* Protein: 1g
* Calcium: 2 %
* Iron 6: %

Thoughts

One of the reasons that my husband and I both like ginger snaps, is because of the "snap", or crunch that the cookie provides. Nabisco ginger snaps have got to be some of the crunchiest on the market. They are very crunchy, and when they say ginger snaps, they mean snap!

Nabisco makes these cookies with real ginger and molasses, and they are a type of cookies that my husband can eat because they are low in fat, have zero saturated fat, and they contain no cholesterol. There are also zero of those nasty trans fats in Nabisco Ginger Snaps.

They have a wonderful taste that we enjoy, and have a good blending of the molasses and ginger content. When we aren't watching our diets, we like to crumble them up as a topping for other sweets, such as ice cream or fruit cobblers.

They also make a great crumb crust for pies - just put some cookies in a ziplock bag, and crush them with a rolling pin. It's a nice switch from the ordinary graham cracker crusts that are so common. I found a wonderful pumpkin cheesecake recipe that uses gingersnap crumbs for the crust, and it makes a nice holiday dessert. I'll probably make one for Christmas dinner.

There are recipes on the box, mine lists a recipe for a lemon gingersnap roll that sounds wonderful. Ginger snaps, alone, provide a healthy snacking alternative if you want to satisfy that sweet tooth. For us, the crunchiness of the cookie also makes these very satisfying. These definitely are a more zesty or spicy cookie, which my daycare children do not care for.

I have been dieting, and occasionally get a craving for sugar. When that happens I don't feel guilty munching on a few ginger snaps. I am able to fulfill that want for something sweet, but it's a much healthier choice for me. Considering there are only 30 calories in a cookie, that makes them an easy choice! I just bought some Coffee-Mate creamer in the gingerbread flavor (it's only available seasonally, and I wanted to treat myself), and that contains 35 calories per tablespoon!

Aside from these tasting good and being and low fat, ginger itself is good for the body. Ginger is a root that has been used for centuries for many different medicinal purposes. It's known for settling an upset stomach (I wonder if that's why my mom always gave me ginger ale when I was sick?), and there is mounting evidence that it can even help arthritis! Wikipedia.com notes that ginger may have blood thinning and cholesterol lowering properties that may make it useful for treating heart disease.

If you love ginger snaps, give Nabisco's Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps a try. Our only problem is having the willpower to only eat a few, because we like them so much! They retail for around $4 a box.

Nabisco Ginger Snaps Cookies are a classic treat for year-round desserts. These cookies have a unique, intense flavor that you'll find yourself cravin...
--- Select Brand --- Avent Braun Carlson CHI CHI Air Conair Cytosport Doctor's Best Dr.Scholl's Eclipse Evercare Garden of Life HoMedics Honeywell Inf...