Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps, 16 Oz Boxes (Pack Of 6) Reviews

Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps, 16 Oz Boxes (Pack Of 6)

Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps®

May 19, 2008

Pros: Nabisco Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps® satisfy my hunger for molasses and ginger.

Cons:none noted

The Bottom Line: Ginger snaps are not artificially flavored, have no saturated fat, or cholesterol and are low in fat the cookies offer a more wholesome option when a snack attack hits.

When my boys and their friends were kids and underfoot and always hungry; gingersnaps did not last long after coming from the oven. I like making cookies, and gingersnaps are one of my favorites for making and eating.

Boys are no longer kids; they and their friends have their own families and homes and I no longer bake as many cookies. I do buy Nabisco Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps® to satisfy my hunger for molasses and ginger.

I find a variety of Nabisco products at our local Wal Mart. Individual cartons of Nabisco Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps® run about $4.50. As with all things today, transportation costs and shelf stocking fees are driving all costs upward.

=======================================
Major Ingredients Enriched flour, folic acid, sugar, molasses preserved with sulfur dioxide, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, leavening, ginger

Allergen warning: gluten, soy

Sodium: 190mg
Carbohydrate: 23g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
=============================

Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps® cookies are made with actual ginger and are not artificially flavored. Molasses, not artificially flavored syrup is used to produce a cooky that has no saturated fat, no cholesterol and is low in fat. Molasses, and ginger root are a particularly flavorsome combination when blended into a tasty cooky.

Husband and I both like gingersnaps. I like the soft homemade versions I made when my kids were little, and I like the crisper, snappy ones marketed by Nabisco.

Because I enjoy history and genealogy I particularly enjoy gingersnaps. Ginger and molasses have long been available, no doubt a long ago grandmother made gingersnap cookies for her children that would be much the same as the ones we eat today. I like that sense of connection with long departed ancestors. Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps® are delicious, crisp and have a nice crunch when bitten into.

The superb flavor presented by a thorough combining of the various ingredients used by Nabisco for making Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps® lends the cookies for use as an ingredient in a number of recipes. Crushed Ginger Snaps®provide an excellent foundation as crumb crust for pies. An easy method for crushing snaps is to place cookies in a ziplock bag and roll vigorously with a rolling pin. Ginger Snap® crumbs provide a nice alternative to graham cracker crumbs or crumbs made from other crisp type cookies.

Because ginger snaps are not artificially flavored, have no saturated fat, or cholesterol and are low in fat the cookies offer a more wholesome option when a snack attack hits.

Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps® have a zesty, bracing tang which may be a tad overpowering for very young kids. The cookies are a good –grown up- treat.

==================================
As an alternative to bread pudding which Husband and I do enjoy very much, Gingersnaps can be used to provide a tasty dessert with a bit of kick.

Gingersnap Pudding

3. Sprinkle raisins over the broken snaps
4. BEAT eggs, milk and sugar with wire whisk until well
blended.
5. Pour mixture over gingersnaps
6. Stir crumbs and egg mixture are completely blended.
7. Cover with foil.
8. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, overnight is better.
9. Bake Pudding 45 minutes - knife inserted in center will
come out clean
10. Cool pudding before cutting into squares.
11. Serve warm whipped topping, a lemon sauce, fresh sliced
strawberries or your favorite topping.
12. Store leftover pudding in refrigerator.

================================

Molasses, and ginger create a deliciously zesty mixture mingled into a tasty NABISCO Ginger Snap®. Husband and I both both gingersnaps. I like the soft homemade versions I made when my kids were little, and I like the crisper, snappy ones marketed by Nabisco. The crisp, crunchy Nabisco version is very good when used for dunking in a cup of nice hot coffee. Happy to recommend.

===================
Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly martin
===================

Product Features and Shipping Details from Amazon
Case of six 16-ounce boxes of ginger snap cookies (96 total ounces)
Made with real ginger and molasses for authentic old-fashioned flavor; Kosher certified
No saturated fats; 6% RDA of iron per serving
Classic crunchy cookie with the fresh zing of ginger and sweetness of molasses
Perfect for tea time or an after-dinner treat
Product Dimensions: 13.9 x 9.5 x 6.9 inches ; 7.2 pounds
Shipping Weight: 7 pounds
Shipping: This item can only be shipped to the 48 contiguous states. We regret it cannot be shipped to APO/FPO, Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico.
Note: Gift-wrapping is not available for this item.
ASIN: B000F9Z1UK
$21.00 available from Amazon as a pack of 6 separate 16 ounce cartons

Nabisco, which dates its inception to 1898, is a brand of cookies and snacks. The 1890s was a season during which the bakery business here in the United States was undergoing a lot of reorganizing.

During the period of reorganization; bakeries across the country were first merged and consolidated and then grouped by region. Several consolidations resulted in large consolidated companies including American Biscuit and Manufacturing Company which was formed from the union of 40 Midwestern bakeries in 1830. Another major company the New York Biscuit Company was came about as a result of the consolidation of several eastern bakeries. Another large conglomerate was the United States Baking Company.

In 1898, a merger uniting American Biscuit and Manufacturing Company, United States Baking Company, the New York Biscuit Company, created the National Biscuit Company.

The merger resulted in a huge company having 114 bakeries across the United States and headquartered in New York City. The "biscuit" in the name of the company is a British English and early American English term for cracker products.

Headquartered in East Hanover, New Jersey, Nabisco is a subsidiary of Kraft Foods.

NABISCO

Cookie Ginger Snap Original, 12 Oz, Case Of 16

Shasha Cookie Ginger Snap Original, 12 Oz, Case Of 16
Lemon Ginger Snap Organic Loose Tea - Award Winning Tea 3oz + Free Samples

Lemon Ginger Snap Organic Loose Tea - Award Winning Tea 3oz + Free Samples

ebay template Lemon Ginger Snap Organic Loose Tea - Award Winning Tea 3oz + Free samples Everyone knows the British simply love tea. And the British f...

Hammonds Old Fashioned Ginger Drops - 12 Oz.

Hammonds Old Fashioned Ginger Drops - 12 Oz.

Like candy-counter treasures carried home in little white bags decades ago, these old-fashioned ginger drops boast pure goodness of confections made b...
Miles Kimball
Go Raw Ginger Snap Super Cookies 3 oz Bag(s)

Go Raw Ginger Snap Super Cookies 3 oz Bag(s)

Ginger Snap Super Cookies 3 oz Bag(s) - Go Raw 100% Organic Ginger Snaps Super Cookies are a perfect healthy snack. Made with organic coconut, sproute...
Swanson Health Products

Cookie Ginger Snap Spelt, 12 Oz, Case Of 16

Cookie Ginger Snap Spelt, 12 Oz, Case Of 16

Shasha Cookie Ginger Snap Spelt, 12 Oz, Case Of 16
Lemon Ginger Snap Organic Loose Tea - Award Winning Tea 8oz + Free Samples

Lemon Ginger Snap Organic Loose Tea - Award Winning Tea 8oz + Free Samples

ebay template Lemon Ginger Snap Organic Loose Tea - Award Winning Tea 8oz + Free Samples Everyone knows the British simply love tea. And the British f...

ShaSha Ginger Snaps 12oz Pack of 16

ShaSha Ginger Snaps 12oz Pack of 16

Original ginger snaps. Wholesome artisan bakery. Peanut free. Nut free. Trans fat-Free. Traveler's friend. Relaxing and soothing. Original snaps remai...
Hard Ginger Candy (3 oz, Super Strength) by The Ginger People

Hard Ginger Candy (3 oz, Super Strength) by The Ginger People

Ginger People Hard Ginger Candy can be enjoyed anywhere. Take these with your wherever you go and enjoy them as spicy-sweet pick-me-ups. these tiny pu...
4AllVitamins

Lemon Ginger Snap Organic Loose Tea - Award Winning Tea 1oz + 10 Free Tea Bags

Lemon Ginger Snap Organic Loose Tea - Award Winning Tea 1oz + 10 Free Tea Bags

ebay template Lemon Ginger Snap Organic Loose Tea - Award Winning Tea 1oz + Free samples Everyone knows the British simply love tea. And the British f...