Olympus EVOLT E-500 8.0 MP Digital SLR Camera - Silver (Body Only) Reviews

Olympus EVOLT E-500 8.0 MP Digital SLR Camera - Silver (Body Only)

Excellent semi-professional digital SLR!

Mar 24, 2007 (Updated Mar 24, 2007)

• Battery Life:
  • Photo Quality:
  • Shutter Lag

Pros:Automatic features, lens hoods, dust-reduction meter, big LCD, rechargeable battery, light-medium weight, many extras!

Cons:Storage card not included, buttons are a bit small, flash for indoor could be improved.

The Bottom Line: If you are looking for a digital SLR to start out with, this is the camera. You can not beat the package value!

I was looking to convert to digital for a while now, but hesitated because of price. When I found this particular kit, I was floored. Olympus was going to give me two lenses, an 8 mega-pixel, a huge LCD, a dust reduction sensor for under $700? I could not see this deal slip from my hands, so I bought it and couldn't be happier with my decision.

I absolutely love this camera. When I received it, it was nicely packaged. As I opened it I received a nice surprise (actually, I might have overlooked this feature in the kit), each of the lenses came with a hood for sun glare reduction; a huge bonus for me since I do a lot of outdoor photography. The size of the camera is perfect for my medium sized hands. It has a rubber grip which is a huge plus when handling the camera. Olympus included many automatic settings for pictures on the go. Included in these settings are children, macro, candle, and low/hey key. The manual is highly thought out, precise and easy to read. I suggest reading the first five sections before turning on the camera. These sections are extremely helpful and go a bit step by step in learning your camera. Both of the lenses are high quality and easy to attach to the body. You get a lens for close-up photography and one for distance, what more could you ask for starting out? The pop-up flash could be a little brighter, but brighter than most. Outdoor photos come out gorgeous. I took pictures at a zoo recently and the color and clarity can not be beat. A great camera to start digital photography with. Overall very happy with this product, its value and quality.

This Camera is a Good Choice if You Want Something... Flexible Enough for Enthusiasts

Olympus XZ-1 10 MP Digital Camera (Black) with f1.8 Lens and 3-Inch

Olympus XZ-1 10 MP Digital Camera (Black) with f1.8 Lens and 3-Inch

Olympus XZ-1 10 MP Digital Camera (Black) with f1.8 Lens and 3-Inch OLED Monitor, Everything You Need Kit, 228000
Newegg.com

Olympus FE-46 12MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD (Light Pink)

Olympus PEN 12.3MP with 17-mm. Lens Digital SLR Camera E-P1

Olympus PEN 12.3MP with 17-mm. Lens Digital SLR Camera E-P1

Find digital cameras at Target.com! Olympus pen 12.3mp with 17-mm. Lens digital slr camera e-p1

OLYMPUS XZ-1 Black 10.0 MP Digital Camera

OLYMPUS XZ-1 Black 10.0 MP Digital Camera

Image Sensor 1/1.63 CCD Aperture 1.8-2.5 LCD 3.0 614K Type Compact Digital Zoom 4X Focal Length 6.0mm to 24.0mm(28mm to 112mm) Shutter Speed 60 - 1/20...
Newegg.com

Olympus OM-D E-M5 16 MP Live MOS Interchangeable Lens Camera (Silver Body Only)

Olympus OM-D E-M5 16 MP Live MOS Interchangeable Lens Camera (Silver Body Only)

The Beginning of the New A new era in Micro Four Thirds technology is about to begin. The new, revolutionary mirrorless camera, the OM-D E-M5, has a...
BuyDig.com

Olympus - OM-D E-M5 Mirrorless Digital Camera, Black - Bundle - with SanDisk 16GB Extreme

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mirrorless Digital Camera, Black - Bundle - with SanDisk 16GB Extreme SDHC Memory Card, Mini-Messenger Bag, Xtreme Cable 6' Micro HD...
Adorama

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Body Only- Black  16MP, 3 Tilt OLED, HD, EVF ($999.99 before $200.00 savings)

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Body Only- Black 16MP, 3 Tilt OLED, HD, EVF ($999.99 before $200.00 savings)

16MP, 3 Tilt OLED, HD, EVF 3 tilting OLED touchscreen with live view shooting,high-definition AVCHD/MP4 movie modes (up to 1080/60i resolution),includ...
Crutchfield

Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 14MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD (Silver)

Essentials Bundle Kit For Olympus Om-d Em-5 E-m1 Digital Camera & 14-42mm Lens

Essentials Bundle Kit For Olympus Om-d Em-5 E-m1 Digital Camera & 14-42mm Lens

Search our eBay Store! Order Toll Free (800) 991-3350 International (631) 389-2138 Essentials Bundle for Olympus OM-D EM-5, EM-1 Digital Camera 14-42m...