Olympus SP-350 8.0 MP Digital Camera - Black Reviews

• User Rating: Very Good

• Battery Life:
  • Photo Quality:
  • Shutter Lag

Pros:I love the size, shape, ease of handling of this camera.

Cons:Battery life is simply terrible in THIS PARTICULAR unit.

The Bottom Line: I would recommend that a prospective buyer try the camera for some lengthy testing while sill within the store.

Something is terrible wrong with my battery life in this camera. I must have a direct short somewhere within the cameras internal components. Believe it or not, sometimes ONLY 5 pictures before the battery indicator light shoes red but a few more shots CAN be taken before it shuts down. Olympus is working with me and will likely replace with new camera soon. All my 12 batteries are new and rechargeable. When working, the photo's are absolutely wonderful but reliability with battery life has me carrying way too many batteries all the time. Bought in Late December and sent to factory after a return trip to the Pro Bowl in Honolulu, Hawaii in Feb.'06. Great features as those above have mentioned and the 30 scene selections are great. Immediately after returning to the Mainland, I sent the camera in for repairs under warranty, within one week, the camera was back, but the problems was not resolved. Since then, I spoke with Tech service in New York March 15,16 and 17. They are at a complete loss to explain my problems. Also I get a mysterious BUSY warning between shots sometimes that is NOT covered by anything Olympus or the manual explains of even addresses, IT IS NOT the same BUSY that appears when X cards are formatted. Just simple BUSY in white on blue screen after taking a shot, no matter the picture resolution, ranging from SQ1 clear to RAW. But, it's NOT constant, making it extremely difficult to diagnose or repair.

Olympus people have been absolutely wonderful. With my other cameras from Olympus, I never had occasions to even call them. This time, they are eager, willing and appears very embarrassed this problem his developed. Two New York personnel are to be commended.

Olympus Corporate will be calling me first thing Monday morning, without any doubt from me, to likely offer a trade-out or upgrade. I love the size and features of the camera so I'd love a replacement with a camera of the same size and model.

I noted another respondent above recommended some batteries and I'm going to try them too to see if they work any better.

Thursday, 3-23-06 I put fresh batteries in and turned the camera off so as to be ready when Olympus called from New York. When I tried to turn the camera on Friday morning, they were deader than a doornail. A "direct short," no doubt.

A friend just told me of this URL today, so here I am. Please don't be frightened off because Olympus stands behind their products and they will this one for sure. Plus, read the four positives above.

This Camera is a Good Choice if You Want Something... Easy Enough for Anyone to Use

Olympus SP-590UZ 12MP Digital Camera with 26X Wide Angle Optical Dual Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD

Olympus XZ-1 10 MP Digital Camera (Black) with f1.8 Lens and 3-Inch

Olympus XZ-1 10 MP Digital Camera (Black) with f1.8 Lens and 3-Inch

Olympus XZ-1 10 MP Digital Camera (Black) with f1.8 Lens and 3-Inch OLED Monitor, Everything You Need Kit, 228000
Newegg.com

Olympus FE-46 12MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD (Light Pink)

OLYMPUS XZ-1 Black 10.0 MP Digital Camera

OLYMPUS XZ-1 Black 10.0 MP Digital Camera

Image Sensor 1/1.63 CCD Aperture 1.8-2.5 LCD 3.0 614K Type Compact Digital Zoom 4X Focal Length 6.0mm to 24.0mm(28mm to 112mm) Shutter Speed 60 - 1/20...
Newegg.com

Olympus - SP-100 Digital Camera, 16MP, 50x Optical Zoom, Dot Sight Framing, 1080/60p Full

Olympus SP-100 Digital Camera, 16MP, 50x Optical Zoom, Dot Sight Framing, 1080/60p Full HD Video, Panorama, USB 2.0 Olympus SP-100 The Olympus SP-100 ...
Adorama

Olympus PEN 12.3MP with 17-mm. Lens Digital SLR Camera E-P1

Olympus PEN 12.3MP with 17-mm. Lens Digital SLR Camera E-P1

Find digital cameras at Target.com! Olympus pen 12.3mp with 17-mm. Lens digital slr camera e-p1

Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 14MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD (Silver)

Essentials Bundle Kit For Olympus Om-d Em-5 Digital Camera & 14-42mm Zoom Lens

Essentials Bundle Kit For Olympus Om-d Em-5 Digital Camera & 14-42mm Zoom Lens

Search our eBay Store! Order Toll Free (800) 991-3350 International (631) 389-2138 Essentials Bundle for Olympus OM-D EM-5, EM-1 Digital Camera 14-42m...

Olympus V204041BU000 OM-D EM-5 - digital camera M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm lens

Olympus OM-D EM-5 - Digital camera - mirrorless system - 16.1 Mpix - 3 x optical zoom M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm lens - black
MacMall