Olympus SP Series SP-350 8.0 MP Digital Camera - Black Reviews

• User Rating: Very Good

• Battery Life:
  • Photo Quality:
  • Shutter Lag

Pros:I love the size, shape, ease of handling of this camera.

Cons:Battery life is simply terrible in THIS PARTICULAR unit.

The Bottom Line: I would recommend that a prospective buyer try the camera for some lengthy testing while sill within the store.

Something is terrible wrong with my battery life in this camera. I must have a direct short somewhere within the cameras internal components. Believe it or not, sometimes ONLY 5 pictures before the battery indicator light shoes red but a few more shots CAN be taken before it shuts down. Olympus is working with me and will likely replace with new camera soon. All my 12 batteries are new and rechargeable. When working, the photo's are absolutely wonderful but reliability with battery life has me carrying way too many batteries all the time. Bought in Late December and sent to factory after a return trip to the Pro Bowl in Honolulu, Hawaii in Feb.'06. Great features as those above have mentioned and the 30 scene selections are great. Immediately after returning to the Mainland, I sent the camera in for repairs under warranty, within one week, the camera was back, but the problems was not resolved. Since then, I spoke with Tech service in New York March 15,16 and 17. They are at a complete loss to explain my problems. Also I get a mysterious BUSY warning between shots sometimes that is NOT covered by anything Olympus or the manual explains of even addresses, IT IS NOT the same BUSY that appears when X cards are formatted. Just simple BUSY in white on blue screen after taking a shot, no matter the picture resolution, ranging from SQ1 clear to RAW. But, it's NOT constant, making it extremely difficult to diagnose or repair.

Olympus people have been absolutely wonderful. With my other cameras from Olympus, I never had occasions to even call them. This time, they are eager, willing and appears very embarrassed this problem his developed. Two New York personnel are to be commended.

Olympus Corporate will be calling me first thing Monday morning, without any doubt from me, to likely offer a trade-out or upgrade. I love the size and features of the camera so I'd love a replacement with a camera of the same size and model.

I noted another respondent above recommended some batteries and I'm going to try them too to see if they work any better.

Thursday, 3-23-06 I put fresh batteries in and turned the camera off so as to be ready when Olympus called from New York. When I tried to turn the camera on Friday morning, they were deader than a doornail. A "direct short," no doubt.

A friend just told me of this URL today, so here I am. Please don't be frightened off because Olympus stands behind their products and they will this one for sure. Plus, read the four positives above.

This Camera is a Good Choice if You Want Something... Easy Enough for Anyone to Use

Olympus PEN 12.3MP with 17-mm. Lens Digital SLR Camera E-P1

Olympus PEN 12.3MP with 17-mm. Lens Digital SLR Camera E-P1

Find digital cameras at Target.com! Olympus pen 12.3mp with 17-mm. Lens digital slr camera e-p1

Olympus XZ-1 10 MP Digital Camera (Black) with f1.8 Lens and 3-Inch

Olympus XZ-1 10 MP Digital Camera (Black) with f1.8 Lens and 3-Inch

Olympus XZ-1 10 MP Digital Camera (Black) with f1.8 Lens and 3-Inch OLED Monitor, Everything You Need Kit, 228000
Newegg.com

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Body Only- Black  16MP, 3 Tilt OLED, HD, EVF ($999.99 before $200.00 savings)

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Body Only- Black 16MP, 3 Tilt OLED, HD, EVF ($999.99 before $200.00 savings)

16MP, 3 Tilt OLED, HD, EVF 3 tilting OLED touchscreen with live view shooting,high-definition AVCHD/MP4 movie modes (up to 1080/60i resolution),includ...
Crutchfield

Olympus OM-D E-M5 16 MP Live MOS Interchangeable Lens Camera (Silver Body Only)

The Beginning of the New A new era in Micro Four Thirds technology is about to begin. The new, revolutionary mirrorless camera, the OM-D E-M5, has a...
Beach Camera.com

BuyDig.com

OLYMPUS OM-D E-M5 Black 16.1 MP Live MOS Interchangeable Lens Camera

OLYMPUS OM-D E-M5 Black 16.1 MP Live MOS Interchangeable Lens Camera

Image Sensor 4/3 Live MOS Max. Recording Resolution 1920 x 1080 Viewfinder Type Eye-level electronic viewfinder, approx. 1.44M ISO Sensitivity AUTO IS...
Newegg.com

Olympus OM-D E-M5 w/ 12-50mm Lens- Silver  16MP, 3 Tilt OLED, HD, EVF ($1299.99 before $200.00 savings)

Olympus OM-D E-M5 w/ 12-50mm Lens- Silver 16MP, 3 Tilt OLED, HD, EVF ($1299.99 before $200.00 savings)

16MP, 3 Tilt OLED, HD, EVF 3 tilting OLED touchscreen with live view shooting,includes 12-50mm 4.2X power zoom lens,includes external flash unit
Crutchfield

Olympus - OM-D E-M5 Mirrorless Camera (Body Only) - Black

Olympus - OM-D E-M5 Mirrorless Camera (Body Only) - Black

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mirrorless Camera: Make sure you're ready to capture special moments in your life by keeping the Olympus OM-D E-M5 close at hand. It...
Best Buy