Omega 3, Fish Oil EPA DHA, 180 softgel, 1000 mg, NOW (Now Foods) (NOWOMEGA3180) Reviews

Omega 3, Fish Oil EPA DHA, 180 softgel, 1000 mg, NOW (Now Foods) (NOWOMEGA3180)

+$5.95 shipping AllStarHealth
+$5.95 shipping LuckyVitamin.com

NOW Omega-3 Softgels Contain No Harmful Contaminants!

May 7, 2011

Pros:Enteric Coated
Odor Controlled
Contains no harmful contaminants

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: If you take fish oil capsules, be sure to check for harmful contaminents such as mercury, PBA's and dioxins.  NOW Omega-3 Softgels are manufactured under strict quality control standards.

Approximately three years ago, I was slowly poisoning my husband!  Of course, it was unintentional.

All of his lab results were perfect except for his triglycerides which were extremely high.  I was working at a hospital at the time and asked the advice of some of the physicians who came up to my floor.  I was surprised when every one of them I asked about reducing triglycerides recommended fish oil!  I was in disbelief, for most physicians prescribe drugs, not supplements!

I went to my usual national chain pharmacy and purchased a 1,000 mg. bottle of fish oil capsules.  My husband began taking them faithfully for the next three months.  When his labs were repeated, the results of his triglycerides were within normal limits!  I finally believed that taking fish oil capsules was not just a fad!

After about a year of my husband ingesting these capsules, I was alarmed when I overheard a news segment on TV warning consumers of harmful contaminants such as mercury, heavy metals, dioxins, and PCB’s  in the fish oil capsules I purchased from the same national chain pharmacy the commentator was describing.  The bottle that was shown on the  air was the same fish oil capsules I was feeding my husband every day!  When I told my him of the broadcast, he asked me if I was trying to kill him!

I immediately went to a health food store and asked the owner which brand of fish oil capsules did not contain these harmful contaminants.  He recommended NOW Omega-3 Enteric Coated Softgels.  The label on the bottle claims this brand is “tested to be free of potentially harmful levels of contaminants.”   The label also claims that those who experience nausea or reflux from other fish oils should find the enteric coated, odor controlled softgel easier to tolerate.  These golden softgels are molecularly distilled and contains EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids which the FDA website claims:  “Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary artery disease.

The white, plastic bottle of NOW Omega-3 Softgels has a bright orange and dark blue label with a dark blue cap.  A bottle of 180 Softgels retails for $27.99; however, the health food store discounts their supplements 50%.  The cost of this bottle is just about equal to the bottle of fish oil capsules which contained the contaminants!

Supplement Facts:

EPA  180 mg
   DHA 120 mg
   Other Omega-3 Fatty Acids  100 mg

Other Ingredients:

Contains fish (sardines, anchovies, mackerel, and soy derivatives)

It was luck that I happened to have the TV turned on that day as I was going about my chores and learning of the contaminants in the fish oil capsules I was faithfully dispensing to my husband.  I feel confident that the NOW Omega-3 Softgels are one of the best brands of fish oil on the market, for they are manufactured under strict quality control standards.

NOW Omega-3 Softgels
are manufactured by NOW Foods and of course, Made in the U.S.A.

Thank you for reading my review.

AllStarHealth

NOW Foods Omega-3 Odor Controlled Molecularly Distilled 1000 mg - 180 Softgels The Natural Fish Oil Concentrate used in Now Foods Molecularly Distille...
LuckyVitamin.com
Omega-3 Fatty Acids May Reduce The Risk Of Coronary Heart Disease!
BodyBuilding.com
NOW Omega-3 (Molecularly Distilled) 1000 mg 180 sgels The Natural Fish Oil Concentrate used in this softgel is molecularly distilled and manufactured ...
Omega 3 is an essential fatty acid (EFA, also known as a polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA)) that is derived from both animal and plant sources, althou...
NutritionGeeks. com
Molecularly Distilled Omega-3 1,000 mg 180 Sgels - The benefits of omega 3 fatty acids in a formula that's easier on your stomach. The natural fish oi...
Swanson Health Products