Bayer One-A-Day VitaCraves Gummies Complete Adult Multivitamin

One-A-Day VitaCraves Gummies: Adult Nutrition that Tastes Good!

Aug 2, 2010

Pros:Good flavor; No need for water

Cons:Limited nutritional content; High price

The Bottom Line: This product tastes much better than other multivitamins and provides a decent, although not incredible, level of nutrition.

Vitamin supplements are sometimes useful, particularly when one is dieting or changing his/her eating habits in a way that interferes with good nutrition. Most adult vitamins are solid, bland- tasting pills that must be swallowed whole, but there are some more innovative and flavorful options out there and one of them is One-a-Day VitaCraves Gummies Complete Adult Multivitamins, a vitamin candy made for adults.

Vitamin Facts and Figures:

One-a-Day VitaCraves Gummies Complete Adult Multivitamins are small, gummy candies shaped like the pieces of fruit depicted on the container: Orange slice, cherry, and blue berry. Each gummy is flavored like the fruit it represents and tastes just like an actual gummy candy.

One-a-Day VitaCraves Gummies Complete Adult Multivitamins are packaged in a red- tinted container that is much more colorful and fun looking than that of other One-a-Day vitamin varieties. The package has a childproof cap to keep the multivitamins safe from youngsters.

One-a-Day recommends taking two of these multivitamins each day. They are safe for adults and children age four and up. One-a-Day recommends against giving them to children under four years of age due to the choking hazard.

Ingredients:

One-a-Day VitaCraves Gummies Complete Adult Multivitamins are made using Glucose Syrup, Sucrose, Gelatin, Water, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Less than 2% of, Artificial Flavor, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Carnauba Wax, Choline Bitartate, Citric Acid, D Biotin, D Calcium Pantothenate, FD&C Blue 1, FD&C Red 40, FD&C Yellow 6, Folic Acid, Inositol, Modified Starch, Potassium Iodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vegetable Oil (coconut or palm), Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol), Vitamin E Acetate, and Zinc Sulfate. They also contain Wheat and Tree Nuts (coconut).

Nutrition Benefits:

One-a-Day VitaCraves Gummies Complete Adult Multivitamins offer a fair amount of several different vitamins. Here is a list, including the percentage of daily values for adults:

Vitamin A............80%
Biotin.................50%
Pantothenic Acid.100%
Iodine.................53%
Zinc....................33%

In addition, these multivitamins contain 60 mcg of Choline and 40 mcg of Intositol (no Daily Value has been established for these nutrients).

Final Thoughts:

One-a-Day VitaCraves Gummies Complete Adult Multivitamins are an interesting way for adults to get their daily values of several important vitamins and a few different minerals. These fruit- flavored gummies are much like an actual gummy in flavor, making them a hit for those who want or need a multivitamin but who do not like the cardboard- like or chemical like flavor of most multivitamins.

One-a-Day is one of the foremost names in vitamin supplements so I wasn't that surprised when I learned that One-a-Day created an adult vitamin out of gummy- flavored candies. One-a-Day isn't the first manufacturer to think of doing this, but considering their status as a leading multivitamin company, it makes sense that they would offer such a product. My little girls have been taking gummy vitamins for kids and I was aware they existed, but I didn't know about the One-a-Day adult multivitamin until last year. Figuring that everyone could use a little extra nutrition, I went ahead and purchased a 50- count bottle.

What stands out most with One-a-Day VitaCraves Gummies Complete Adult Multivitamins is the shape and taste of the gummy vitamins themselves. I like the orange best, but they are all fairly fruity and good tasting. They taste just like a gummy candy and if I didn't already know I was taking a multivitamin, I wouldn't  even suspect it if someone handed me one of these vitamin candies. The flavor is not as intense as some of the best tasting gummy candies, but it is certainly good and it is much, much better than the bland and sometimes foul taste of many solid multivitamins. I know many people who would like to take a multivitamin, but refuse because of the initial taste and aftertaste of most multivitamin products. With One-a-Day VitaCraves Gummies Complete Adult Multivitamins, the flavor problem is solved, once and for all. I find that I am much more likely to take one of these, due to the taste and the lack of any need for a glass of water.

As for the nutrition level, as you can see from the numbers above, the statistics are okay, but nothing incredible. First, you will notice that One-a-Day VitaCraves Gummies Complete Adult Multivitamins tends to play it safe, offering no more than 167% of the Daily Value for any of the included vitamins. This should be fine for most people and in fact, it will make some individuals feel safer, since there are some vitamins that can become toxic at high levels. For others, however, the dosages may be too low. Vitamin C, for example, is often encouraged in high levels as a means to fight colds and disease (and it cannot become toxic because the body doesn't store it). However, you get only a one- hundred percent dose with this multivitamin, and they may not be enough for certain needs. This is likely why One-a-Day recommends taking two of these each day instead of just one.

Another issue many will have with One-a-Day VitaCraves Gummies Complete Adult Multivitamins is the lack of minerals and the limited number of vitamins. Looking at the above list, one can see that there are only a total of thirteen vitamins and minerals. This isn't much at all, and I can think of some high nutrition cereals that have more to offer. Like with the limited dosage, the limited number of nutrients, once again, may cause some consumers to reconsider the purchase. Then, there is the price. At a cost of about nine dollars for a container of fifty or seventeen dollars for a container of one- hundred, these multivitamins are more expensive than the traditional variety. And if you take the advice from the manufacturer and take two per day, a singel container will not last very long.

Overall, however, I still like One-a-Day VitaCraves Gummies Complete Adult Multivitamins and I recommend them to anyone who wants an extra nutritional boast. The nutritional levels are not extreme, but they are just right for those of us who are already in decent health and who feel we could benefit from a little more nutrition. Add to that the pleasant, fruity flavor and you have a product worth trying.

One-A-Day VitaCraves Gummies Plus Immunity Support -- 150 Gummies

One-A-Day VitaCraves Gummies Plus Immunity Support -- 150 Gummies

One A Day VitaCraves Gummies Plus Immunity is a complete multivitamin formulated with key vitamins and minerals you may need plus twice as much Vitami...

One-A-Day VitaCraves Gummies Plus Immunity Support -- 50 Gummies

One-A-Day VitaCraves Gummies Plus Immunity Support -- 50 Gummies

One A Day VitaCraves Gummies Plus Immunity Support is a complete multivitamin formulated with key vitamins and minerals you may need plus twice as muc...

One-A-Day VitaCraves Gummies Plus Immunity Support -- 70 Gummies

One-A-Day VitaCraves Gummies Plus Immunity Support -- 70 Gummies

One-A-Day VitaCraves Gummies Plus Omega-3 DHA Fruit Punch -- 100 Gummies

One-A-Day VitaCraves Gummies Plus Omega-3 DHA Fruit Punch -- 100 Gummies

Get nutritional support you want in the gummy you crave. One A Day VitaCraves Gummies Plus Omega-3 DHA is a complete multivitamin specially formulated...

One A Day Vitacraves Multivitamin Supplement Gummies for Men - 50 Count

One A Day Vitacraves Multivitamin Supplement Gummies for Men - 50 Count

Find vitamins and supplements at Target.com! One a day men's vitacraves gummies is designed specifically to help address men's health concerns with mo...

One A Day Vitacraves Adult Multivitamin Gummies, 70 Count (w8976)

One A Day Vitacraves Adult Multivitamin Gummies, 70 Count (w8976)

One A Day VitaCraves Adult Multivitamin Gummies:Complete multivitamin with 11 key nutrients Get nutritional support you want in the gummy you crave De...