Oona Herbal Supplement For Menopause, With Black Cohosh & Vitex , Tablets Reviews

Oona Herbal Supplement For Menopause, With Black Cohosh & Vitex , Tablets

Oona-For Symptoms of Menopause, Perimenopause, PMS-Without Hormones!

Jun 14, 2003 (Updated Jan 2, 2006)

Pros:No hormones, gets rid of symptoms, blister pack (packaging), can take with or without food

Cons:Cost?

The Bottom Line: This product can help alleviate symptoms of menopause, perimenopause, PMS naturally. I highly recommend you give it a try.

You are probably thinking you've never heard of this product. Well, that is what I did. I am not menopausal as yet, and have been perimenopausal for several years. My problems were my crummy short term memory, increased monthly physical symptoms, inability to sleep or interrupted sleep. My moods were a little erratic, I was occasionally irritable, and I felt somewhat down. I would be reticent to try HRT as my mother had breast cancer about fifteen years ago (she is fine now at 84), so want to be cautious. I think this is the way to go. I had tried Remifemin for a brief period of time as they had sent me free samples, and I hadn't noticed much change. When I ran out, I went to drugstore.com to reorder, and happened to see the Oona product listed. I found it interesting, and decided to give it a try.

What does Oona mean?:

Oonausa.com indicates that the word Ona is Celtic and translates as “unity” or “the one”. Ona is “the one” brand of supplements specifically developed for women to help maintain “unity” with their bodies.

If you are wondering about how Oona came about, apparently it was after there were inquiries from numerous women who had breast cancer, and were hoping to find a safe alternative to deal with their menopausal symptoms. The owner/founder, Valerie Otto, decided to find a different way of handling the problems aside from the traditional approach, which of course could be dangerous for these women. In researching, she came upon many menopausal products that were natural, particularly in Europe. They had been used, and safely, for over 50 years. That is how the formula for Oona came about.

(paraphrased from the Oona website)

Packaging:

Oona comes in a bright yellow box, and contains 96 tablets in blister packs. There are 7 packs of twelve tablets. I paid a little over $20.00 for the herbal supplement. This is less expensive than their competition.

Product claims:

The manufacturers of Oona state that the product will reduce your symptoms safely and effectively, and will do it fast.

Symptoms it will alleviate-per the packaging:

This product states that it will alleviate hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, mild depression, tension and anxiety, sleep disturbances and vaginal dryness.

Oona's directions for use and product description:

We are told that Oona can be taken with or without meals. In women not currently taking hormone replacement therapy (HRT), take an initial dosage of two (2) tablets three times daily for a period of 10-14 days or until symptoms diminish. Follow this with a maintenance dose of one (1) tablet two to four times daily.

You can go to their website to find out how to convert from hormone replace therapy to Oona.

They indicate that it may take up to 10-14 days to feel the effects. When that occurs switch from their original instructions to the reduced serving size.

Oona is a carefully standardized, all natural herbal supplement that safely and effectively addresses the most troublesome symptoms of menopause.* Made of black cohosh and chaste tree berry standardized extracts, Oona is simple and powerful. Both these herbs hold significant benefits independently but were specifically chosen for their unique complementary effect.* Menopausal symptoms are caused by an imbalance of endocrine hormones. The pituitary helps orchestrate this balance and is where Oona does its work.* Black cohosh works in part during the first half of a woman's cycle (leveling luteinizing hormone), chaste tree during the second half (increasing progesterone).* Thus, Oona quickly restores a woman's delicate hormone balance and addresses a wide range of symptoms that include hot flashes, night sweats, breast tenderness, heavy bleeding, mood swings, and more.*

About Black Cohosh:

This herb has been used successfully for centuries by Native Americans and recently more extensively in Europe during the last 50 years. Black Cohosh works with the pituitary gland and endocrine system (estrogen receptors) to naturally help balance and regulate a woman's own hormone levels.* The herb does not add to the level of estrogen in the body and is not associated with adverse effects on the organs related to menopause, including the breast, uterus or other estrogen sensitive body organs.

About Chaste Tree Berry:

Native to the Mediterranean and used since the time of Hypocrates, this natural flavonoid works in a similar fashion as Black Cohosh does on the pituitary gland and endocrine system.* By helping to regulate progesterone levels, Chaste Tree Berry alleviates many PMS symptoms that are often exacerbated in menopause.* Women have found this herb helpful for providing menstrual support and alleviating symptoms such as mood changes associated with erratic hormone production.

No preservatives or sugars are used

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Ingredients from the package:

Black Cohosh Extract, Triterpene Glycosides, Chaste Tree Berry Extract, Agnusides, Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Croscarmellose Sodium (vegetable gum), Silicone Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate

Be sure to read all warnings on the package or noted on their website.

Definition of perimenopause:

Perimenopause is a transitional stage before complete cessation of the menstrual period of a woman.

At the time of Perimenopause, a woman's hormone levels fluctuate, affecting her body and feelings. The changes leading to menopause may however, seem more intense than those during adolescence.

Perimenopause is a temporary phase that may last for two to three years for most women, and for ten to twelve for a few women.

The symptoms of Perimenopause include:

* Change in the period of menstrual cycle
* Change in the flow
* Feeling of tiredness many days before menstruation
* Weight gain
* Decreased libido
* Headaches
* Drop in blood sugar level

Where to buy Oona:

It is of course easiest to purchase Oona online, but you will also find it available in some health stores, natural food stores, pharmacies. Their website has a listing of stores offering Oona.

My experience:

As noted previously I am not menopausal as yet, but have some symptoms of perimenopause. As I'm sure most women are aware, doctors are for the most part concerned about the side effects/dangers of hormone replacement therapy, so we are compelled to look elsewhere for relief of symptoms we are experiencing. My symptoms have never been serious enough to take HRT, but I would like to reduce difficulties sleeping through the night, mood fluxes, and the problems I have monthly. I was a little hesitant ordering a product I was not familiar with, but I have heard Black Cohosh is an excellent herb for reduction of symptoms in a natural way.

I love the blister packs this product offers as you easily/simply push the tablet through the blister pack. It is not dangerous with kids or pets in the house, and yet is easy to access. I was not real comfortable with the idea of taking 2 tablets 3 times a day, in case I had problems with the supplement, and I had just run out of the Remifemin, so I have been taking 1 tablet 3 times daily. They are not difficult for me to swallow though they are not small. If you have trouble with pills that are not small, you might want to think about it before purchasing the product. The manufacturers indicate the pills can be taken with or without food, and I have been fine either way, without any gastrointestinal difficulties (and I do have a sensitive stomach). The only problem I've experienced has been minor skin outbreaks, but certainly not what you would call acne. The same problem occurred with Remifemin, and birth control pills when I was on those in the past.

I have been on the supplements for over a week, and so far so good. My sleeping has been uninterrupted. I was experiencing a moistness on the back of my neck that was irritating to me, and that is gone also. I shall update in a few weeks, and update on the results of the herb, and report as to whether all symptoms are alleviated, or there are any changes, good or bad. At this point I am giving the herbal supplements 4 stars, and recommend that anyone who is experiencing symptoms of PMS, perimenopause, menopause, give it a try, assuming that you follow the directions, and if you have any conditions that might be problematic, check with your physician.

Please do feel free to email me if you have any questions (my email address is on my profile page for epinions).

Update:

Wow, I have now been taking Oona for about 6 weeks. I am sleeping like a baby, no moistness on the back of my neck. I am not irritable except with my ISP. The only problem is slight difficulties with memory, but that may well be due to stress in job hunting, and the minor skin outbreaks mentioned previously. I do suggest that you take 2-3 tablets per day, as reducing to one diminished the wonderful results. I am increasing my rating to 4 1/2 stars, and am so happy I fell upon this product.

Thanks for reading!

Suz

Oona - Herbal Supplement for Menopause - 96 Tablets

Oona - Herbal Supplement for Menopause - 96 Tablets

Oona Herbal Supplement for Menopause - 96 Tablets Oona Herbal Supplement for Menopause naturally promotes a woman's hormone balance without the use of...
LuckyVitamin.com

Oona Menopause Herbal Supplement - 96 Tablets

Oona Menopause Herbal Supplement Directions Initial Serving Size: 2 tablets, 3 times a day until symptoms subside. Permanent Serving Size: 1 tablet, 3...
Oona Menopause Herbal Supplement 96 Tablets

Oona Menopause Herbal Supplement 96 Tablets

Oona is a carefully standardized herbal supplement that safely and effectively addresses the most troublesome symptoms of menopause. Oona uses a simpl...
Vitacost.com

Oona Menopause Herbal Supplement

Oona Menopause Herbal Supplement - 96 Tablets

Oona Menopause Herbal Supplement - 96 Tablets Mfg Part#: 00111 Vendor: OonaUPC: 835674001110
Oona For Menopause

Oona For Menopause

Oona For Common Symptoms of Menopauseis a carefully standardized herbal supplement that safely and effectively addresses the most troublesome symptoms...
Super Supplements

Oona 217166 Menopause Herbal Supplement 96 Tablets

Oona 217166 Menopause Herbal Supplement 96 Tablets

Oona Menopause Herbal Supplement Description: Great For Hot Flashes and Moodswings Highest Quality Black Cohosh Hot Flashes Night Sweats Mild Depressi...
PMS Herbal Supplement, 90 Tabs by Oona Health

PMS Herbal Supplement, 90 Tabs by Oona Health

2 Month Supply An All Natural Product; Contains No HormonesFor Pre-Menstrual Syndrome (PMS)Herbal Supplement Promotes Menstrual Regularity
Herbspro.com