Opi Grand Central Carnation Nail Polish Lacquer Reviews

Opi Grand Central Carnation Nail Polish Lacquer

OPI Grand Central Carnation Nail Polish Lacquer

Jan 11, 2011 (Updated Jan 11, 2011)

Pros:No Toulene, formadehyde or DBT.

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: No Touelen, formadehyde or DBT.

Part of an old collection of Opi colors that first appeared in 2000 is "Grand Central Carnation". It's funny how so many of the Opi series names conjure up memories or a connection for me. It's not always just the color that pulls me in. I worked in The Open Book in Grand Central Station many years ago. It was a summer job just before my Senior year. My uncle owned the store.

This color actually belongs to my sister but I've been borrowing it. This is a real Spring color for me. It's like a new flower. Its a real warm pink with blush red overtones. It looks ownderful on light or dark skin and works well with a tan. This has an opacity factor of 5 which is the highest so this not a sheer polish at all. It's very creamy and needs one coat.

If you like this there are more pinks: "You're A Pisa Work" or " Jewel of India" with a more mauve tone to it, "La Paz Itively", a very hot pink matte finish and "A Rose at Dawn - Broke by Lunch". You can find a pink to suit you easily.

OPI lacquers provide an almost chip resistant polish and have so many to choose from you never get tired of the line. The price can range from as low as $4.75 to over $35.00 depending on when and where you shop for them and whether or not they've been discontinued. You can buy online or at Beauty/Nail Salons.

You can get sets of colors, sets of hand care and collecting and combining the colors makes for some very interesting nail colors. You can go to the site to try colors on and punch in your skin color, nail length to see exactly how the color would look on you. I think this is a fabulous way to avoid trial and error. With so many colors to choose from this really narrows down what will look best on your hand.

Names in the OPI line are hysterical, for instance  "I'm Not Really A Waitress", "Coney Island Cotton Candy","Chick Flick Cherry", "Honeymoon Sweet", "Peru B Ruby", "Quarter of A Cent Cherry" (get it century), "Pinking of You" or "Argentini Pinkini". Many of their colors include "Suzi" in the name, I'm partial to that.

Opi is and was a family owned business started in 1981 by George Schaffer an immigrant from Eastern Europe.

Opi offers a new series every season.

Other Collections: South Beach, Greek Isles, Designer Shades,series named after countries like Russia, Espana, France, Metallics, Suedes, Brights and more. Opi also offers a three-polish set of no-shine matte classic colors at $8.50.

Always apply a base coat to fill in any ridges and a top coat for protection. Opi makes both. The bottles hold 0.5 oz, are squat and have a black rubberized top. The polish is toulene free. The low profile, fat bottle is less likely to tip than taller bottles. The brush seems more affective than the skimpy, stiff brushes I find in cheaper nail polishes.

I apply in vertical stripes starting on one side of the nail and working over to the other going from base to tip.You can also run a bit of the color under the nail tip for more protection.

OPI does colors for Dell laptops now. Since 2006 OPI has had Toluene and DSB removed and its nail hardeners do not contain formaldehyde. According to Wikipedia Solvents such as toluene and xylene are petroleum-based products that have been linked to cancer. Formaldehyde (also called formalin) may cause allergic reactions in some people and is unsafe for use by asthmatic people. It is a known carcinogen.

Nails can be a lot of fun, a great statement, a look of luxury or a playful statement. OPI gives you a wealth of colors to give your nails into any look you seek.

All shades contain: Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Benzophenone-1, Silica, Trimethylpentanediyl Dibenzoate, Polyvinyl Butyral. May contain: [+/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 15850 (Red 6, Red 7), CI 15880 (Red 34), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Tin Oxide, CI 77120 (Barium Sulfate), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet).

OPI Original Nail Envy Strengthener - .5 oz.

OPI Original Nail Envy Strengthener - .5 oz.

If you have weak, damaged nails, try this formula for maximum strengthening.hydrolyzed wheat protein and calcium for harder, longer, stronger, natural...
JCPenney

Nicole by OPI Drying Drops for Nail Lacquer, 0.5 fl oz

Nicole by OPI Drying Drops for Nail Lacquer, 0.5 fl oz

Nicole by OPI Drying Drops for Nail Lacquer dries nail lacquer to a glossy, smudge-proof finish for out-the-door perfection in minutes! With just one ...

Nicole by OPI Nail Polish - Drying Drops

Nicole by OPI Nail Polish - Drying Drops

Find manicure and pedicure at Target.com! With just one drop of this nail polish, nails are dry to the touch in 60 seconds and completely dry in five ...

Nicole by OPI Nail Lacquer - Gold Texture Coat

Nicole by OPI Nail Lacquer - Gold Texture Coat

Find manicure and pedicure at Target.com! Add a glamorous accent to any outfit with this mod gold nail polish.

OPI Natural Nail Base Coat 1/2 oz

OPI Natural Nail Base Coat 1/2 oz

OPI Natural Nail Base Coat - Extended-Wear Formula. Enriched formula prevents staining of natural nails and promotes a long-lasting manicure.
Opi Natural Nail Base Coat

Opi Natural Nail Base Coat

The classic foundation for Opi Nail Lacquer. Ensures long-lasting applications. Prevents staining and yellowing of natural nails.
Macys.com