Opi Nail Polish Ulta Tiny Tinsels (Opi) Reviews

Opi Nail Polish Ulta Tiny Tinsels (Opi)

OPI Minis - Sweet Seasonal Samples for Nail Polish Afficionados

Dec 30, 2009 (Updated Jul 18, 2010)

Pros:Price, colors, durability

Cons:None

The Bottom Line:

OPI's Ulta Tiny Tinsels is a fun sampler for anyone who enjoys experimenting with nail color, and if you can find it for $5, it's a steal of a deal.

I love nail polish.  I also love good deals.  So when I discovered a few years ago that Ulta occasionally offers up miniature bottles of OPI nail polish in fun little sets, I was hook, line and sinkered by the concept.  This holiday season's offering, adorably named OPI Ulta Tiny Tinsels, made its way into my personal nail polish stash the day after I saw the advertisement.  For just $5 - a spectacular deal for OPI polish, even if the bottles are teeny tiny at 3.75 mL each - I added three new shades and a top coat to my collection.  So how did they fare?

Color and Quality Evaluation

The Tiny Tinsels collection includes four bottles of OPI polish, including a Rapidry Top Coat and three very different colors named in typically creative OPI fashion: Silver Belles, Berried in Gifts and Amethyst Twist.

Silver Belles is just what it sounds like in terms of color: A single-toned silver with thousands of glittery flecks.  It's definitely a two-coat shade if you're into opaque coverage, and regardless of your usual preferences, I highly recommend going opaque with this one because the silver is super shimmery when you do.  It'd be the perfect shade to pair with a silver, fashion-forward New Years Eve dress.  It's fun and flirty with silvery sparkle in spades.

Berried in Gifts is a warm cranberry with silvery, glittery accents.  This one could be more than passable as a single-coat application, but go with two coats if you want more punch.  The glitter appears to be silver while inside the bottle, but they look cranberry once applied, giving your nails a shimmery, single-toned appearance.

Amethyst Twist, the final colored offering, is a deep, rich purple with glittery flecks.  You'll absolutely need two coats of this one to get even nail coverage; with just one, the polish looks streaky and not attractive.  It's definitely a darker shade of purple, and it glimmers nicely in dim lighting.  To me it says 'sophistocated' and oddly enough, 'understated': There's a little sparkle, but your nails won't be noticed before the rest of you.

Of the three, I don't have a favorite.  I like them all for different reasons, and a different one appeals to me depending upon my mood.  If I feel fun and carefree, I go with Silver Belles.  Mysterious and secretive?  Amethyst Twist without doubt.  Finally, Berried in Gifts bears a resemblance to my favorite OPI shade of all-time, Don't Toy with Me, so it's a winning pick when I feel nostalgia kicking in.

Rapidry Top Coat is the last item included in the Tiny Tinsels set. To use this product, just apply a few minutes after your last coat of polish and let dry.  Depending on how many coats of color polish I've used, effects are variable.  Atop a single coat (which will often dry by itself within 5 minutes), it works in 2 to 3 minutes.  Over multiple coats, it sometimes makes the color bleed a little and get 'mushy' before they fully dry.  For this reason, I try to hold my hands very still after application, giving them 10 to 15 minutes to complete the drying process.  Be careful with application, as it can make the color polish look uneven if your brushstrokes are off.  It does add a nice clear, smooth and protective coating over the color polish, but it's never dried 'rapidly' for me so i've always thought 'rapidry' was a misnomer.  As far as this exact product goes, I don't care for the white brush; it's a bit too stiff, making even application more difficult that it ought to be.

How does it wear?

Durability of the Tiny Tinsels lacquers is average, and in line with most other standard OPI nail polishes.  My nails generally remain chip-free for two to four days, but I'm a busy mom of three young children so my hands are in virtually constant motion.

This is a fun set, and certainly well-worth $5.  It'd be great for a stocking stuffer or small gift for the nail polish lover in your life.

Ulta Nail Polish/lacquer What A Maroon

Ulta Nail Polish/lacquer What A Maroon

Ulta Polish Nail Lacquer/Polish in a shade they call What A Maroon. This is a new polish. SPECIAL NOTE: unless otherwise specified, all polish is purc...

OPI Nail Envy Matte Nail Strengthener 0.5 oz

OPI Nail Envy Matte Nail Strengthener 0.5 oz

Natural Nail Strengthener. Maximum Strength Formula. Matte Finish.
Brighton Beauty Supply

Nicole by OPI Nail Polish - Party Bus

Nicole by OPI Nail Polish - Party Bus

Find manicure and pedicure at Target.com! Nicole by opi nail polish - party bus

OPI Nail Polish Mariah Carey Winter Collection - Ski Slope Sweetie

OPI Nail Polish Mariah Carey Winter Collection - Ski Slope Sweetie

What it is: OPI Nail Polish Lacquer introduces the new individual colors for the holiday. Every year you can't wait to pull it out of the box and make...
SleekHair.com
Ulta Professional Nail Polish Lacquer Black Diamond .5 Oz Dark Sparkle Midnight

Ulta Professional Nail Polish Lacquer Black Diamond .5 Oz Dark Sparkle Midnight

EZ AuctioNet Cornerstone Customer: View Our Store | View Our Feedback | Add Us To Favorites | Visit Our Site | About Us ULTA Professional Nail Polish ...

OPI Nail Polish Natural Nail Base Coat NT T10 0.5 oz

OPI Nail Polish Natural Nail Base Coat NT T10 0.5 oz

OPI Nail Polish Natural Nail Base Coat prevents staining of natural nails and promotes a long-lasting manicure
Brighton Beauty Supply
Nicole by OPI Nail Polish - Sweet Daisy

Nicole by OPI Nail Polish - Sweet Daisy

Find manicure and pedicure at Target.com! Nicole by opi nail polish - sweet daisy

OPI Nail Polish Mariah Carey Winter Collection - Cute Little Vixen