Optifree Replenish 10 oz Reviews

Optifree Replenish 10 oz

The Absolute Best Contact Lens Solution: I can see clearly now!

Mar 14, 2008

Pros:Cleans, Disinfects, Stores, and Provides Day-long Moisture

Cons:Pricey

The Bottom Line: Best in class moisturizing contact lens solution. Simply soak and clean, and no reapplication throughout the day needed.

I’ve been wearing contacts for 14 to 15 years now, and thankfully we now have better contact lens care products than in the “olden” days. As I read on paper and look at a computer screen all day, my eyes feel strained and my disposable soft contact lenses get dried out. Luckily, I’ve found my eye’s saving grace: Alcon OPTI-FREE® RepleniSH® Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution (MPDS).

Alcon is either the world’s largest or second largest manufacturer of contact lens care products (there are conflicting accounts). The company was started in Texas in 1945, but is now owned by the Swiss company Nestle SA. Their major products in the consumer eye care arena are two types of contact lens solutions, eye drops, and eye vitamins.

Packaging & Price
Alcon OPTI-FREE® RepleniSH® Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution (MPDS) comes in a 10 flowing ounce (300 ml) recyclable plastic bottle. Simply flip up the connected cap, turn the bottle over, and the solution flows out. It flows out quickly so be careful or you will waste it. A colorful wraparound label covers about 85% of the bottle, and includes usages instructions, legal warnings, an ingredient listing, a lot number and expiration date.

One thing I do not like about the bottle is that there are about 1.5 to 2 inches of dead air inside the top (i.e., it is not filled all the way); this tricks you into thinking more solution is inside, and also wastes plastic.

This solution is sold in single bottles or dual pack bottles, and both versions are housed inside a cardboard box. A single bottle costs anywhere from $8 to $11, but sometimes you will find a dual pack for $13.

Product Promises
This product is designed to“clean, recondition, disinfect and remove protein from your contact lenses”. Further, per the manufacturer, it is “specially designed to recondition your lenses everyday so that your eyes feel fresh and moist throughout the lens wear day”.

About the special moisturizing effects, Alcon promises:
When contact lenses are soaked in OPTI-FREE® RepleniSH® MPDS, the surface of the lens is reconditioned by retaining TearGlyde™, a proprietary reconditioning system on the surface of the lens. This allows a thin layer of moisture from the eyes' natural tears to be maintained on the lens surface throughout the day. The solution may be used with silicone hydrogel and soft contact lenses.

Usage Instructions
-Rinse each side of the lens with the solution for 5 seconds
-Store them at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight, in a case filled with fresh solution

My Experience
I’ll admit that I’m too lazy to scrub each lens at night when I take out my contacts. At least I take them out every night to give my eyes a break! Typically, I pop them out and soak them in this solution overnight, then in the morning before I put them in, I rub each side of each lens a few seconds, then squirt another dose of this solution on for good measure.

The first time I used this solution, I felt a distinctive tingling (not exactly a burning sensation, but not comfortable either) in a ring around the lens on my eye. After a few minutes, the feeling dissipated, and I never had it again. Around 6 pm the first day, I noticed that my previously dry, sandy feeling lenses had not bothered me at all. Also, I did not have cloudy vision due to dried contacts that I had had before. By about 9 pm, I perhaps felt 5% of the dryness that I had experienced the week before with the same set of lenses. I’ve been using this product ever since, and it really works miracles with my eyes. I barely even notice my lenses, and my vision is super clear.

I used to buy the Publix, WalMart, or Target generic brands of multipurpose contact lens solution, but no longer will I be doing so. Even though OPTI-FREE® RepleniSH® MPDS is up to three times the price of the generic brands, it truly delivers superior performance and is worth every penny.

Highly recommended!

---

Thanks for reading, and I hope your eyes aren't as tired and irritated as mine used to be!

Pure Moist Optifree 48 Bottles 96 Oz. Bulk =46 Cents Each (fast Ship) $42.00

Pure Moist Optifree 48 Bottles 96 Oz. Bulk =46 Cents Each (fast Ship) $42.00

Newest Optifree product at great prices! (48) 2oz. bottles = almost 10 10 oz bottles ... Bottles are (2 ounces each) perfect for a week away! Expirati...