Oreck JP8100CA Cordless Iron with Auto Shut-off

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

Oreck Cord-Free Iron is not a true Cordless Iron

Mar 22, 2005

Pros:Super hot, lots of steam

Cons:Not really cordless, too expensive, cheap and flimsy.

The Bottom Line: I would not recommend this iron - there have to be better products out there for $130!

I purchased the Oreck XL Vacuum which came with two bonus items - the canister vac and the "Cord-free" iron. Oreck lists the iron at $130 but it comes free when you order the Xl. I paid $499 for the three items.

When I opened the iron, the first thing I noticed was the quality - or lack thereof. This does not feel like a $130 iron. Rather, it feels like cheap plastic. The temperature dial under the handle does not turn with the fluid nature one would expect from an expensive iron.

Without reading the instructions, I plugged in the iron and let it charge for 24 hours. When I removed it to iron, I quickly discovered why the iron is cord-free - you let it heat up while plugged in. Once it is hot, you have about 20-40 seconds to iron before you have to return the iron to the power. So it's basically a flashback to the days where you left the iron on the fire!

On the plus side, the iron pushes a tremendous amount of steam. It does remove wrinkles nicely but it's a bit bulky and the fact that it isn't really cordless is a disappointment.

It's nice as a free bonus but definitely NOT worth $130 - not even really worth $30.

Oreck Cord Free Steam Iron White Model Tx 850 With Charging Dock

Oreck Cord Free Steam Iron White Model Tx 850 With Charging Dock

BRAND NEW IN UNOPENED FACTORY SHRINK WRAPPED BOX Original price $100 Product Description It's cord-free and convenient. Imagine ironing with a cordles...

Cordless Steam/dry Iron W/ss Soleplate,steam Irons,travel,portable,office,busine

Product Description 3-piece cordless steam/dry iron set makes ironing safer and easier. Sturdy charging base with automatic retractable cord and steam...