Organic Avalon Serum, CoQ10, Wrinkle Defense .55 oz Reviews

Organic Avalon Serum, CoQ10, Wrinkle Defense .55 oz

Avalon Organics CoQ10 Wrinkle Defense Serum is Light and Gentle

Dec 13, 2009

Pros:Very light, pleasant scent, goes well under makeup, not oily

Cons:Expensive, can't see into container

The Bottom Line: This is a very pleasant, light skin care serum that can be worn any time and agrees quite well with my skin!

Now that I am in my 30's and have had two children, I feel like I need to work on staying healthy and trying to keep my skin youthful.  Lack of sleep and feeling rundown between the two kids has not been kind to my skin, and I have started using this product on a regular basis.  I bought it a while back but had sort of abandoned a skin care regimen when I had my second baby and things were just too hectic.

Avalon Organics CoQ10 Wrinkle Defense Serum

I actually got this from the natural foods section of my grocery store, so it is fairly easy to find, although you may have to try an actual health food store.  This product runs for about $25.  It is a very small bottle that contains .55 oz of product.  The top has a pump and is covered with a clear lid.

Ingredients

Lavandula Angustifolia (Organic) (lavender *1), Chamomilla Recutita (chamomile *1), Camellia Sinensis (white tea *2), Arnica Montana Extracts (Organic) (aqueous *3), Sodium Hyaluronate, Vegetable Glycerin, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract (algae), Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Dehydroxanthan Gum, Sodium PCA, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Helianthus Annuus Oil (Organic) (sunflower *2), Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (apricot), Camellia Sinensis Extract (green tea), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E), Persea Gratissima (avocado), Triticum Vulgare Oil (wheat germ), Oenothera Biennis Oil (evening primrose), Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Oil (Organic) (orange *2), Other Essential Oils

Directions: Apply small dots of serum and smooth over clean face and neck, with special attention to the wrinkle prone outer eye and mouth areas. Wear alone, under facial cream or under make-up. Perfect for day and night.

My Thoughts

My first observation about this product is that it goes very well under makeup.  My skin is "combination skin", which manages to be greasy but dried out, somehow at the same time.  I have a tough time finding balance, and oily or greasy face products just make my face super shiny.  Products that are supposed to be matte or control oiliness often just highlight dry areas on my face, highlighting dry skin.

This product is fairly thin, sort of like a light gel, and the pump has a tiny nozzle that allows you to dispense just a tiny bit at a time.  I am happy about this, since this is not a particularly cheap product, and it is nice to be able to make it last as long as possible without wasting any.  The only downside of the container I can think of is that you can't see inside the container to tell how much product is remaining.

The serum is a sort of honey color and goes on very smoothly.  Again, it is thin (but not watery), and is easy to spread on my skin.  It dries quickly and feels very light.  It does not feel like it leaves behind a residue, and the best part is that my face does not look greasy or oily.  I can put this on after a shower, when my face feels dry and tight, and then I can put makeup over it without a problem.  Of course, you can always use this at night if you prefer (although that is when I actually go for the more oily products).

This product has a light scent, and I find it very pleasant.  It isn't a heavy fragrance; it is a light herbal sort of scent, perhaps a mix of citrus and other herbs like lavender.  The scent does fade on my face and is barely noticable.

My skin is sensitive, at least in terms of breakouts, and this product definitely agrees with my skin.  I am not sure about the anti-wrinkle part, but it agrees with my skin quite well and that is certainly a benefit in and of itself.  There are so many products that clog my pores, cause breakouts, dry out my skin, etc., and it is particularly difficult to find something I can put on my skin during the day without it being obvious (as to looking greasy or dried out).

The ingredients are great, and I am pleased that this is an organic and natural product.  I have just about banned all unnatural skin care products from my life, and it is very important to me in facial care that I am not putting chemicals on my skin.

Overall

I really like that I can wear this product during the day, that it is light and can also go under makeup, without leaving a heavy or oily residue behind.  Although I'm not positive about the anti-wrinkle benefits, it  leaves my skin looking and feeling good.

Avalon Organics: http://www.avalonorganics.com/

Avalon Organics - CoQ10 Repair Wrinkle Defense Serum - 0.55 oz. (Formerly Cellular Renewing Wrinkle Defense Enzyme Skin Care)

Avalon Organics CoQ10 Repair Wrinkle Defense Serum - 0.55 oz. (16 ml) Avalon Organics CoQ10 Repair Wrinkle Defense Serum is a highly concentrated anti...
LuckyVitamin.com

Avalon Organics Coq10 Wrinkle Defense Serum - 0.55 Fl. Oz. (16 Ml)

Avalon Organics Coq10 Wrinkle Defense Serum - 0.55 Fl. Oz. (16 Ml)

pmcgreevy Store Avalon Organics CoQ10 Wrinkle Defense Serum - 0.55 fl. oz. (16 mL)Manufacturer : Avalon Organics Signature ingredient: The CoQ10 enzym...

CoQ10 Enzyme Wrinkle Defense Serum .55 fl oz (16 ml) From Avalon Organics
Avalon Organics CoQ10 Repair Wrinkle Defense Serum -- 0.55 fl oz

Avalon Organics CoQ10 Repair Wrinkle Defense Serum -- 0.55 fl oz

Highly concentrated anti-aging treatment serum helps smooth away deep lines by helping increase cellular metabolism. When tired cells are re-energized...
Vitacost.com

Coq10 Wrinkle Defense Serum Avalon Organics .55oz In Box Free Shipping

Coq10 Wrinkle Defense Serum Avalon Organics .55oz In Box Free Shipping

Avalon Organics COQ10 NEW SEALED Wrinkle Defense Serum .55 oz / 16 ml NEW IN BOX What You See In The Photos Is What You Will Receive. FREE SHIPPING

Coq10 Wrinkle Defense Cream, Avalon Active Organics, 0.55 Oz

Coq10 Wrinkle Defense Cream, Avalon Active Organics, 0.55 Oz

CoQ10 Wrinkle Defense Cream from Avalon Active Organics This enriched cream can be used day, night and under make-up to help diminish the appearance o...

CoQ10 Enzyme Wrinkle Defense Serum .55 fl oz (16 ml) From Avalon Organics
Avalon Organics CoQ10 Wrinkle Defense Night Creme 1.75 fl oz Cream

Avalon Organics CoQ10 Wrinkle Defense Night Creme 1.75 fl oz Cream

CoQ10 Wrinkle Defense Night Creme 1.75 fl oz Cream - CoQ10 is an essential compound found in every living cell. Supplementing your skin with Avalon Or...
Swanson Health Products