Organic Root Stimulator Lock&Twist Gel 13oz (16017) Reviews

Organic Root Stimulator Lock&Twist Gel 13oz (16017)

Good alternative to the alcohol laden gels!

Dec 31, 2007 (Updated Dec 31, 2007)

Pros:Does not contain alcohol. Light formula without tons of harsh ingredients.

Cons:Can be expensive.

The Bottom Line: Excellent alternative to commercial hair hardening/ drying gels. Water based and ideal for natural, unprocessed hair.

I alternately wear my hair in a short natural, locks or braids and seeking an alternative to the black dye colored, commercial hair holding gels I discovered Organic Root Stimulating Lock And Twist Gel which is one of the many products of the Organic Root Stimulating line of products.

Unlike the gunky, heavy, drying hair gels, Organic Root Stimulating Lock And Twist Gel is light and does not contain alcohol which is extremely drying to the hair and is the base of nearly all gels sold and used in salons. ORS Stimlulating Lock And Twist Gel is nearly clear without all the dyes and colorings and the hold factor of the gel is adequate to start locks, maintain braids without that hard "helmet" head effect that cannot be good for your hair.

As the first ingredient is water, this product is specialized for those not using chemical or heat straightening processes by which water will neutralize that form of straightening. For natural non-processed hair water can be liberally use and is an asset to growth as water is of course natural hydration for dry or damage hair. The soybean oil is excellent as it give the gel a nice consistency for application.

As a gel, this product can be applied while hair is still damp, or dry, working it directly into the hair from the scalp out as you apply braids, twists, form or maintain locks. The plastic tub container is NOT very convenient for the klutzes in the house (me)! The fragrance is slightly nutty sweet, yet neutral. It readily absorbs into the hair for fast styling. I found the hold and styling factor good and lasting without alot of build up.

This product name suggest organic, however the inclusion of ingredients such as PVP and Polyquaternium 37 make me question that. However, I have not experienced any allergic reaction to this product from my use. I especially like that is does not cause scalp flaking.

Ingredients: Water Aqua, Coconut Milk Cocos Nucifera Extract, Soybean Oil Glycine Soja, PVP, Polyquaternium 37, Propyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance Parfum, Sucrose

Pre-mixed creme formula combines moisture and hold Alcohol-free, sodium-free Will not dry out hair Will not flake or cause build-up Perfect for all na...