Glow Halloween Skeleton Hands Lightsticks Per Dozen Reviews

Glow Halloween Skeleton Hands Lightsticks Per Dozen

Halloween 'Skeleton Hands' Glow Sticks: This Is One Torch Frankenstein Won't Freak Out About!

Mar 14, 2008

Pros:Safe for kids of all ages, self contained glow properties, bright, great for trick-or-treating.

Cons:Seasonal item.

The Bottom Line: Keep the boys and ghouls safe, tie on a glow stick and let them wreak havoc!

Call me a freak but I think glow sticks are one of the coolest things ever invented. That eerie glow that lasts for hours always makes me smile. Lots of places sell glow sticks for Halloween but when I was shopping at Oriental Trading Company I saw some that had a stenciled design on them and came in some very cool colors. They were a little more than what I wanted to spend on them but Halloween comes but once a year. If nothing else we could tie them to the younger kids costumes for a little extra safety. At almost a dollar a piece I was hoping that they would last a couple hours and give off a ghastly glow. Did these pass the Freak Test?

Halloween 'Skeleton Hands' Glow Sticks

Each one dozen pack includes three of the following colors; purple, green, red and orange. There is a skeleton hand stenciled on the side of the glow stick and that really does add a bit of ghostly, spooky fun to things. The colors that you see before you break them isn't nearly as impressive as what you see when you crack them and shake the tube. And yes, those are the instructions. Just put both your hands around the glow stick snap it in the middle and shake it up. It may take up to ten seconds to see the full glow capability, even longer if it is cold outside. The sticks that we used lasted about three hours and didn’t require any extra shaking to keep them glowing but that didn't stop the kids from shaking them to hear the pieces clanking around inside it.

These are completely contained plastic sticks so you never have to worry about kids being able to open them or get into the goo that glows. We tried, and failed, to get these open by hand and with some common household tools and if we couldn't get them open it’s a safe bet that your child won't be able to either. There is a hole at the top of each glow stick that you can use to tie or attach to a child's costume. You can also use the hole to hang it inside of a pumpkin instead of using a candle. You won’t get the same intense glow as you would from a candle but it is safer and in areas where candles inside pumpkins are prohibited, this is pretty much your only alternative outside of using a flashlight.

Kids can carry these or have them on their costumes; this frees up their hands to carry their treat basket or sack and makes it a lot safer than carrying a flashlight. The average glow time is two to four hours but most of the ones that we used were three hours. All four of the colors are bright and look great at night so make sure that kids don't crack them too early or they won't haven enough glow juice to make it through the whole trick or treating route. These are also nice to tuck in trick-or-treat bags or to hand out to ghost, ghouls and goblins that come knocking at your door. If you are a creative person you can work these into your costume for some added glitz and glamour. Then again, I am using some type of vampire so that is a little tricky to pull off. These aren't as strong as the industrial sized ones that are used for parties or at the bottom of a pool but they are strong enough to emit a nice eerie glow and to allow people up to twenty feet away to be made aware of your presence.

These are an 'official' Oriental Trading Company product that you can purchase at their website. When I ordered them they were almost twelve dollars a dozen so basically a dollar a piece. That's the average selling price for four inch glow sticks so you aren’t getting any type of a great deal buying them by the dozen. What you are getting is a glow stick[in one of four cool colors] that has a great life span, is safe for kids and can be pinned or tied to a costume, treat bag or sack. I'll admit it, the stenciled skeleton hands were what hooked me into buy these so their marketing gimmick paid off for them.

The Bottom Line

If you are looking for a small and safe alternative to having a child carry a flashlight, these glow sticks are a great pick. They are 100% Halloween so you might have trouble finding uses for them at other times of the year. They are safe, won't break, don't require batteries and have a longer than average life for a glow stick. If you like the idea of this, Oriental Trading Company sells a lot of other glow in the dark products including glow stick bracelets and toys. I'm sure that if I scouted around I could get a better deal than a dollar a piece but chances are I would have to buy a gross of them and even though I am a freak for Halloween, I doubt I would ever be able to go through that many.

As always, thanks for the visit…

~^V^~ Freak ~^V^~

Certified International Ghost Ice Cream Bowl
Plastic Halloween Character Goblets
Glow In The Dark Halloween Stickers
Halloween Stained Glass Coloring Book

Trick-Or-Treat, Smell My Feet, Gimme Something Good To Eat! Putting A Spin On Halloween Treats!

Cool Ghouls, Spooky Snacks, Wicked Windows, Creepy Coffins, Evil Embellishments: Planning The Perfect Halloween Party

Amount Paid (US$): 12/dozen
Type of Toy: Other
Age Range of Child: Whole Family

Plastic Halloween Glow Lightsticks / Lot Of 12 Pc / Halloween (25/2886)

Plastic Halloween Glow Lightsticks / Lot Of 12 Pc / Halloween (25/2886)

Plastic Halloween Glow Lightsticks. Assorted styles. Snap and shake for light.

Safety Glow Handle For 6 Inch Lightsticks Or Glow Sticks

Safety Glow Handle For 6 Inch Lightsticks Or Glow Sticks

Handle for 6 Lightsticks. Bulk packaged. Light Sticks sold seperately. Please order individually, Light sticks NOT included.
Windy City Novelties

Glow in the Dark Halloween Skeleton - 5 Foot Full Boned Glow in the Dark Skeleton

A bony buddy for Halloween and beyond. When you attach all the bones, this scary skeleton stands five feet tall. Turn out the lights to watch it glow ...
Personalized Glow in the Dark Halloween Character Tote-Skeleton

Personalized Glow in the Dark Halloween Character Tote-Skeleton

Personalized Halloween Gift: Glow in the Dark Halloween Character Tote-Skeleton. Glow In The Dark Halloween Character Tote-Skeleton
Personal Creations

100 Color Glow Stick Lightsticks Bracelets Glowing Light Colors 8 Inch Free Ship

**100 COLOR glow stick LIGHTSTICKS bracelets GLOWING LIGHT COLORS 8 INCH free ship**Product Features Authentic Lumistick Brand Premium Glow Products I...

Life-Size Plastic Glow Skeleton Halloween Accessory

Life-Size Plastic Glow Skeleton Halloween Accessory

Get your home or party ready for the holiday with the Life-Size Plastic Glow Skeleton Halloween Accessory. The big skeleton glows under a black light ...

6 Halloween Glow In The Dark Skeleton Hand Pens Party Favor Loot Walking Dead

6 Halloween Glow In The Dark Skeleton Hand Pens Party Favor Loot Walking Dead

6 Skeleton Hand Pens click picture to enlarge When you need writing supplies, these skeletons will lend you a hand Black ink Plastic. 6 ALL OF OUR ITE...
My First Halloween Black Skeleton Glow in the Dark Halloween Costume Infant Size 612 Months

No bones about it Your tiny tot will be the cutest spook in this adorable My First Halloween Black Skeleton Glow in the Dark Halloween Costume This bl...
Toys R Us

Blinking Eye Glow In The Dark 3' Halloween Skeleton

Blinking Eye Glow In The Dark 3' Halloween Skeleton

You are bidding On (1) 3 Ft. Blinking Skeletons (#tw-0001) This auction is for One NEW 3 ft. Blinking Skeletons 3 ft. Blinking Skeleton Requires 2 AA ...