Origins Natural Resources High Potency Night A Mins Mineral Enriched Eye Cream

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Origins Night-A-Mins Eye Cream: I thought I loved you but I discovered I didn't

Nov 4, 2005

Pros:Results are good--eye area well moisturized and controls puffiness.

Cons:GREASY, GREASY, GREASY! Takes long time to absorb. Cost.

The Bottom Line: This night eye cream does deliver good results but who wants to deal with its greasiness? Not me . . .

Last year I received a decent-sized sample tube of High Potency Night-A-Mins Mineral-Enriched Eye Cream with my Origins order that actually had enough product for me to use several times. I loved the feel and how it really moistened my eye area. So I didn't hesitate in ordering their regular size jar of this. However, my expectations were dashed when I received my order. Although Night-A-Mins Eye Cream still performed very well as a night eye cream, it did not seem like the same product I had used as a sample, leaving me skin feeling greasy and shiny. Had I been duped?

About Night-A-Mins Eye Cream

Origins calls this a high potency night only eye cream due it being enriched with minerals and vitamins, as well as moisture-rich Sunflower Seed Oil and Shea Butter. It also contains gentle natural-exfoliating ingredients to work on the signs of aging, as well as Centella Asiatic to decrease puffiness. Indeed, just looking at the ingredient list I do see a lot of natural ingredients, something that I always liked about Origins products.

Night-A-Mins Eye Cream in a small dark brown plastic jar with screw-on lid and .5 ounces of product. That doesn't sound like much but it's a pretty typical size when purchasing eye creams. The price, unfortunately, is a typically high Origins price, $27.50. However, at the time it seemed very reasonable for a product that was seemingly quite good.

The product itself is white and virtually odorless. Its consistency is extremely dense and not light and creamy. This is much different from the sample which came in the tube and had a creamier consistency.

Complete list of ingredients, as taken from the label:

Fossilized mineral water extract, cetyl ricinoleate, dimethicone, shea butter, cetyl ethylhexanoate, olive fruit oil, sunflower seed oil, butylene glycol, PEG-100 stearate, aqueous infusion, chamomile, glyceryl stearate se, pentylene glycol steareth-20, steareth 10, sorbitol, essential oils: orange, neroli, valerian, citral, linalool, citronellol, limonene, and vanilla, hydrocotyl extract, wheat germ extract, green algae extract, barley extract, yeast extract, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C), panthenol, linoleic acid, sodium hyaluronate, linolenic acid, squalene, sodium mannose phosphate, oryzanol, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, isohexadecane, polymethyl methacrylate, stearyl alcohol, potassium stearate, glyceryl stearate, polysorbate 80, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethytaurate copolymer, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891).

My Experiences

Since this is labeled for night time use only, that is when I used it. The first thing I noticed, as mentioned above, was that Night-A-Mins Eye Cream was not creamy. I was a little taken back but since I'm not generally bothered by heavier creams at night, I proceeded to use it.

Like other products that have Shea Butter, such as body butters, the consistency of the cream seemed to change once it warmed up on my skin. I only took a pea size amount of Night-A-Mins Eye Cream but that was way too much. The minute I tapped it beneath my eye it got greasy and didn't seem to absorb. I subsequently learned that it took a good 15 minutes to absorb and it was not something I would apply just before bed, as it might get my pillow case greasy.

The results in the morning were good. My eye area definitely felt nicely moisturized and puffiness was kept to a minimum. Although it didn't do much for fine lines, it at least didn't irritate my skin like some retinol-based products. But I had kept on having flashbacks to the greasiness of the night before. That definitely was not a good memory.

Sometimes I continue using products, despite having issues with them, and Night-A-Mins Eye Cream was one of them. I guess I don't like to admit I made a mistake. Since I go to bed before my husband, I didn't have to deal with his questions about the greasy stuff beneath my eyes. I did like how Night-A-Mins Eye Cream delivered good results, but that greasy feeling just can't be forgotten. Six months later I have finally finished my jar, but I know I won't be repurchasing it. Sorry, Origins, but this one I can't give you high marks on.

Purchasing Information

Orgins products are available online at www.orgins.com or www.macys.com. You can also find an Origins store locater at their website.

Origins - Brighter By Nature High-potency Brightening Peel With Fruit Acids

Origins - Brighter By Nature High-potency Brightening Peel With Fruit Acids

TRANSLATE Arabic Chinese French German Greek Indonesian Italian Hindi Japanese Korean Swedish Portuguese Russian Spanish bucsfan.chris Store Origins -...