Origins Out of Trouble

~~ORIGINS OUT OF TROUBLE~~GO TO YOUR ROOM, OILY SKIN!!

Jul 23, 2002 (Updated Jul 23, 2002)

Pros:Effectively absorbs oil and dirt from pores while treating breakouts with Salicylic Acid.

Cons:Initially expensive in price; contains a medicinal type fragrance.

The Bottom Line: To rescue problem skin from excess dirt and oil while effectively treating unsightly blemishes, give Origins Out of Trouble 10 minute facial mask a try today.

Surely by now my regular readers would only assume that I have run out of fine Origins skin care products to review, right? Nope! Wrong answer! Never fear as I have plenty more to keep me going for some time to come :-) A facial mask designed for oily skin types that I've been using for several months now called Origins Out of Trouble is now the subject of this Epinions review. When breakouts tend to occur from time to time despite diligent care, I reach for this deep cleansing mask with the obvious medicinal fragrance to get my skin out of trouble and to keep excess oil production under control, especially in the summer months when my oil glands tend to jump into overdrive. And now that my preteen daughter is beginning to experience puberty and all the horrifying pimples that come along with it, I'm having a hard time keeping her away from this weekly skin care treatment. Either I'm just going to have to get used to sharing, or a new hiding place will have to be found!

~~~The Product~~~

Origins Out of Trouble is a high quality facial care product designed for oily skin types and is advertised as a 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin. According to the packaging: When skin is too slick or when more pressing problems start to pop up, it's Origins to the rescue to keep skin out of trouble. Nature's trouble-shooters, including super-absorbent Zinc Oxide and Sulfur, calming Camphor, plus skin-sloughing Salicylic Acid, rapidly respond to problem skin's plight with a three part plan--sop up oily shine, slough off stick, dead cells, and sweep away irksome debris. Together they steer skin clear of slippery situations, refine rough texture and pull the plug on trouble-makers to oust potential outbursts. This facial mask is shiny white in color and rather thick in consistency, so a little bit goes a long way just like most other skin care products made by this company do. The medicinal fragrance reminds me of the old Noxema standby cream in the navy blue container many of us remember using as teenagers. And the tingly clean feeling left behind after every use is both refreshing and invigorating. Used weekly as an anti-acne topical mask designed to help control excess oil and to deeply bathe pores with exfoliating Salicylic Acid, Origins Out of Trouble can easily become an oily girl's best friend once you get past the somewhat offensive smell.

~~~Packaging & Price~~~

Each 3.4 ounce (100ml) recyclable white plastic tube of Origins Out of Trouble may be purchased at the Origins counter of your favorite fine department store or online at www.origins.com for a rather expensive $18.50. All it takes is a thin layer of this easy-to-apply mask to adequately cover trouble spots on the face, so even though the tube is quite a bit smaller than most other skin care products available from this company, one little tube will last through many months of weekly or even bi-weekly use. Featuring plain hunter green print on a white plastic tube which rests inverted on its flip-top opening, the tubing itself is quite slender yet tall in appearance and is easy to squeeze when retrieving this thick mask from the packaging. I purchased my small tube of Origins Out of Trouble in March 2002 and currently have well over 1/2 of this mask left 4 months later.

~~~Directions For Use~~~

According to the short yet sweet packaging directions found on each tube of Origins Out of Trouble: Layer over clean face and throat. Avoid eye area. Wait 10 minutes. Remove with damp washcloth. Can be used once a week or more if needed. After cleansing with one of my Origins facial cleansers, I apply a thin layer of this easy-to-spread highly concentrated mask to problem areas on my face (usually the "T Zone", which includes the forehead, nose, and chin) and allow it to dry. The highly fragrant Camphor and Sulfur are what give this mask its obviously medicinal scent as the cooling vapors seep out through the pores during use. I can actually FEEL the oil-control ingredients working while this mask is in place as a tingling sensation is instantly produced upon contact. Be forewarned that this product may be quite drying, so I'd certainly recommend this mask for oily patches only. After 10 minutes, use a warm washcloth to wipe the dried mask away along with excess oil, dirt, and other pore clogging debris many regular cleansers just can't touch. Leave Origins Out of Trouble in place TOO long, however, and it takes some vigorous scrubbing to remove it completely from the skin.

~~~Ingredients~~~

Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Cetyl Esters, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Camphor, Ceteareth-20, Salicylic Acid, Colloidal Sulfur, Butylene Glycol, Bentoniate, Methyl and Propylparaben (iln5404).

***Gasp! What a short ingredients list. My eyes are SO thankful :-)

~~~Overall Recommendation~~~

Oily skin types especially, rescue those problem areas by investing in a small tube of Origins Out of Trouble and then using it faithfully on a weekly basis. Since I have recently discovered a new three-in-one product called Origins Get Down that acts as a cleanser, scrub, and mini-mask all in one easy step, I must admit that I've not been using this special facial mask as much now as I did in the past. But from time-to-time when I'm in the mood for an effective "zit-zapping" luxurious facial, this mask fits the bill perfectly. Only now I have to keep it hidden from my 12 year old daughter as she'd use this mask every day if I'd let her! Once you get used to the tingly, medicinal fragrance, Origins Out of Trouble is one of the best skin care choices out there when having super clean, oil free pores is the goal. So request a sample today from your helpful Origins skin care consultant, or take the plunge by ordering a tube from the website during a special "free shipping" period for the best price. Say goodbye to that oily shine and stay beautiful!

THE ORIGINS COMMITMENT:

Preservation of earth, animal, and environment.

For more information on Origins Out of Trouble and other high quality skin care and make-up items for oily, combination, dry, and sensitive skin types, check out their website online at:

www.origins.com

Questions or comments?
1-800-ORIGINS

Origins Natural Resources
New York, NY 10022

And for more information on the actual Origins website itself, please check out the following review:

Origins Out of Trouble® 10 Minute Mask to Rescue Problem Skin

Origins Out of Trouble® 10 Minute Mask to Rescue Problem Skin

When skin is too slick or more pressing problems start to pop up, it's Origins to the rescue with this 10-minute mask that'll help keep skin out of tr...
Dillard's

Brand Origins Out Of Trouble 10 Minute Mask To Rescue Problem Skin 3.4 Oz

Brand Origins Out Of Trouble 10 Minute Mask To Rescue Problem Skin 3.4 Oz

BRAND NEW Origins Out Of Trouble 10 Minute Mask To Rescue Problem Skin 3.4 oz / 100 ml Full size

Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask To Rescue Problem Skin 100ml/3.4oz by Origins

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$40.00 - Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask To Rescue Problem Skin-100ml/3.4oz - skincare / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com

Origins Out Of Trouble 10 Minute Mask To Rescue Problem Skin 3.4 Oz

Origins Out Of Trouble 10 Minute Mask To Rescue Problem Skin 3.4 Oz

script language=javascript1.1/script Your browser does not support JavaScript.To view this page, enable JavaScript if it is disabled or upgrade your b...
Origins Out Of Trouble 10 Minute Mask To Rescue Problem Skin 100ml

Origins Out Of Trouble 10 Minute Mask To Rescue Problem Skin 100ml

eBay Message For Support Customers From Brazil Please Note: Due to slow customs clearances in Brazil we expect orders to take around a month or more f...

Your Kids Out of Trouble & Internet Safe eBook

Your Kids Out of Trouble & Internet Safe eBook

Buy Your Kids Out of Trouble & Internet Safe by Robert Stetson and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection of Ebooks Toda...
Kobo eBooks

Weeding Out Trouble
knetbooks.com

Northern Ireland s 68: Civil Rights, Global Revolt and the Origins of the Troubles

Ads by Google