Origins Pure Cream Reviews

Origins Pure Cream

Origins Pure Cream - smells like a bit of heaven

Sep 14, 2000

Pros:lots of botanical ingredients, light as well as moisturizing

Cons:price, large amount of chemicals appear on ingredient list

OK I have a confession to make. I am a penny-pincher. I rarely spend money on things I consider luxuries. But one whiff of Origins' Pure Cream and I was hooked.

Pure Cream is a substitute for traditional cold creams. Cold cream is defined as "an emulsion for softening and cleansing the skin". An emulsion is "a suspension of small globules of one liquid in a second liquid with which the first will not mix: an emulsion of oil in vinegar".
(definitions taken from dictionary.com)

Used as a cleanser you rub it into wet or dry skin and then you can either rinse it off with cool water -- or tissue it off (this results in leaving a moisturizing residue behind). However, my favorite use of this product comes from a tip from the counter-person at the time of purchase. I use it as a moisturizer before bed ... I simply apply a dab or two to my face and I glow!!!

So why am I in love with Origins' Pure Cream?

Its scent, in the jar, reminds me of flowers and forest, morning air, and oddly enough ... butter. On the skin it just smells fresh and clean.

Despite being highly moisturizing, it is not heavy or greasy

The ingredient list:

Topping the list are floral and herbal infusions (think of infusions as "teas") of hibiscus, rose, and melliot. This is a nice change from plain old water as seen on most products of this nature.

Essential Oils fall down toward the middle of the ingredient list: coriander, spruce, lime, peppermint, mandarin, and tangerine. These blend together well and accent the tones from the above infusions. Again, this is a nice change from similar products which only include a token drop or two of essential oil, so that it can be placed on the ingredient list and sell merchandise. However, as the list includes citrus oils, make sure and wear your sunscreen after applying -- citrus oils can increase your sensitivity to sunlight.

The moisturizing itself comes from carrot oil - which is known for its skin-friendly nature.

What would I change about Origins' Pure Cream?

The large amount of chemicals which appear on the list. Which I am not going to even attempt to analyze.

There is a disparity between the label itself and the ingredient list. The label indicates that it contains Coconut Oil -- but for the life of me I can't find it on the ingredient list.

At $15 this is definitely a splurge product. But you do get high quality for the price.

Other than that this is a wonderful product.

It works well in cleansing my skin, leaving it soft and supple.

It removes my make-up easily -- however I don't use it around my eyes due to the concentration of essential oils, infusions, etc.

It lasts quite a while. I only need a few fingertips worth of product to cleanse my entire face and neck.

Origins Pure Cream Rinseable Cleanser 5 oz

Origins Pure Cream Rinseable Cleanser 5 oz

Origins Pure Cream Rinseable Cleanser 5 oz Comes Brand new, 100% Authentic no knockoff!
Origins Pure Cream Rinseable Cleanser 150ml/5oz by Origins

Origins Pure Cream Rinseable Cleanser 150ml/5oz by Origins

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$25.50 - Pure Cream Rinseable Cleanser-150ml/5oz - skincare / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com

479324 Origins Cleanser 5 Oz Pure Cream Rinseable Cleanser

479324 Origins Cleanser 5 Oz Pure Cream Rinseable Cleanser

FEATURES DESCRIPTIONS SHIPPING PAYMENT RETURN POLICY GUIDE nbsp Cell Phones PDAs Clothing, Shoes Accessories Computers Networking Daypack Internal Fra...

Pure Lemon Essential Oil 2 Oz. Soaps Lotions Cream

Pure Lemon Essential Oil 2 Oz. Soaps Lotions Cream

Lemon Essential Oil 2 oz Amber Bottle W/Dropper Lid Origin/Extraction Method-Italy/Cold Press, originally a small thorny evergreen tree native to Indi...

Danahan Ecopure Cleansing Cream Natural Aloe Origin

Danahan Ecopure Cleansing Cream Natural Aloe Origin

.Danahan ecopure Cleansing Cream Natural Aloe Origin (220g)Cleansing Cream: Contains Natural Organic Ingredients, it gently take care of impurities wi...

Cypress Essential Oil 16 Oz. 100% Pure

Cypress Essential Oil 16 Oz. 100% Pure

CYPRESS ESSENTIAL OIL (Cupressus Sempervirens). Extraction Method: Steam distilled.100% PURE, UNDILUTED ESSENTIAL OIL. Origin:SPAIN. Excellent for oil...

Cypress Essential Oil 8 Oz. 100% Pure

Cypress Essential Oil 8 Oz. 100% Pure

Ravensara Essential Oil 30ml ( 1 Oz) 100% Pure

Ravensara Essential Oil 30ml ( 1 Oz) 100% Pure

Check out my other items ! 30ml Ravensara - ( 1 Ounce) 100% Pure Origin: steam distilled leaf, Madagascar Ravensara is strong against viral infections...