Origins Sensory Therapy Peace of Mind Vapor Bath

2 consumer reviews

Oooh, Ahhhh, Ohhhh.... Relax With Origins Sensory Therapy Peace of Mind Vapor Bath

Oct 30, 2002 (Updated Oct 30, 2002)

Pros:Relaxing; Refreshing

Cons:no bubbles; may be too strong for some people

The Bottom Line: This product is aromatherapy designed to relieve stress and tension... it's good stuff, but NOT for those who dislike strong, minty smells.

Are there ever times when you need something to help you relieve daily stresses in life? Most of the time I find myself diving headfirst into something chocolate, but that can be damaging to my waistline, so I’ve tried to find other ways to relax and relieve stress. Origins says look no further!

~*~Sensory Therapy – Peace of Mind Tension Releasing Vapor Bath~*~

Vapor Bath? Ya mean like the Johnson & Johnson kiddie vapor bath? Nope… this one is for adults only, and it’s an indulgence, not a task! This product comes packaged in a 6.7 ounce plastic bottle with the Sensory Therapy logo on it. The Sensory Therapy product line was put out by Origins to provide us with products to aid in stress relief. This product is a white, creamy lotion that is to be used in a bath to soak and relax. It is not a bubble bath, but more of a soak. I like bubble baths, so at first this was odd for me, but you get used to it.

Origins claims regarding this product (taken from website): “Wellness wisdom says: When stress builds up in your body and you're edgier than an octagon, immerse yourself in this milky sea of tranquility. The physical sensations of tightness and tension leave your neck, shoulders, back and limbs as soothing Basil, Peppermint and Eucalyptus help your stress-battered-body blow off steam. Sink in, allow your eyelids to become heavy and relaxed. Take a deep, easy breath in and allow stress to melt away as you exhale out every so slowly.”

Simply pour a small amount into the running water and watch your bath transform into a sea of tranquility. It will leave the water cloudy and somewhat creamy, but this is normal. Again, I wasn’t used to a cloudy bath with no bubbles, but I got used to it.

Ingredient Listing: aqueous infusions; citrus aurantium (orange) blossoms, mentha piperita (peppermint), glycerin, aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) gel, polysorbate 20, cococaprylate/caprate, sorbitol, mentha piperita (french peppermint), ocimum basilicum (basil) and eucalyptus dives (piperitol) essential oils (olea), potassium cetyl phosphate, dimethicone copolyol, aleurites moluccana (kukui) nut oil, pantethine, chondrus crispus (carrageenan), hydrogenated vegetable oil, cetyl alcohol glucose, xanthan gum, potassium carbomer, carbomer, disodium edta, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol,
methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben,
isobutylparaben, titanium
dioxide

~*~Personal Experience~*~

This product definitely has a strong scent, so consider yourself warned! That’s the whole point people! The scent is very strong peppermint smell that is sure to open your sinuses if nothing else! As you sit and soak in this delightful bath, the scent relaxes you and eases away the tension. It’s not a miracle product, but it is quite relieving. I love to use this if I have a cold or the sniffles, as it opens my sinuses and nasal passages right up!

Again, the scent is not faint by any means, so it will leave a hint of the fragrance on your skin after your bath. I have no problem with this since it disappears by morning when I awake.

Even though I have noticed some sensitivity to facial cleansers with mint-type ingredients, this product has not irritated my skin at all. I’m sure that is partially due to the fact that I do not use it 2 times per day! I only use this every once in a while, so I haven’t had any reactions or problems from it at all.

~*~Recommendations~*~

If you need to relax, relieve some stress or just soak in a warm bath, you’ll probably love this product! I enjoy it and would recommend you try it also.

If you don’t like any sort of “minty” scents or fragrances, um, I’d say stay FAR FAR away from this!

I think this stuff would make a great Christmas gift since it’s a stress reliever AND it smells like Peppermint candy canes! HA! Use it as a stocking stuffer!

~*~Other Sensory Therapy Products~*~

Origins offers some other similar products if you are into aromatherapy:

- Peace of Mind On-The-Spot Relief
- Peace of Mind Massage Oil
- Peace of Mind Cease & De-stress Diffuser
- Peace of Mind Mints
- Peace of Mind Gumballs

Origins also offers a “Sleep Collection” (natural sleep aids), “Stress Reducing Tools” (massage tools, etc.) and “Cold & Allergy” products (natural cold relief products).

~*~Purchasing Information~*~

If you’d like to purchase Sensory Therapy – Peace of Mind Tension Releasing Vapor Bath for $22.50, or any other Origins product, you can do so at one of their counters which are found in select department stores (such as Dillard’s and Proffitt’s). To find an Origins counter near you, you can visit www.origins.com and do a store locator search. If you do not have access to an Origins counter, you can purchase products straight from their website.

Origins offers free samples in the stores if you can get to one. They give out very generous samples and at no cost to you. I really like this concept! If you happen to place an order online, I would request any samples you may be interested in at that time. I have been impressed with all the skincare products that I have from Origins, and I plan to continue trying their products!

“The Origins Commitment: Preservation of earth, animal, environment.”

Origins Natural Resources Dist.
New York, NY 10022
www.origins.com

Thanks so much for reading! ;-)

Origins   Sensory Therapy Peace Of Mind On The Spot Relief .5oz Bnib

Origins Sensory Therapy Peace Of Mind On The Spot Relief .5oz Bnib

Origins ~ SENSORY THERAPY~Peace of Mind~On the spot relief When the world closes in on you and your head feels a size too small, apply just two dabs o...

Origins Sensory Therapy Peace of Mindâ„¢ On-the-Spot Relief

Origins Sensory Therapy Peace of Mindâ„¢ On-the-Spot Relief

When the world closes in and your head feels a size too small, apply just two dabs of this Origins mind-clearing formula on the back of your neck, tem...
Dillard's

Origins Peace Of Mind - Sensory Therapy - 15ml

Origins Peace Of Mind - Sensory Therapy - 15ml

Peace of Mind ®On-the-spot relief When the world closes in on you and your head feels a size too small, apply just two dabs of Origins mind-clearing f...

Origins Peace Of Mind On The Spot Relief Sensory Therapy,  .5 Fl. Oz In Box

Origins Peace Of Mind On The Spot Relief Sensory Therapy, .5 Fl. Oz In Box

ORIGINS PEACE OF MIND ON THE SPOT RELIEF SENSORY THERAPY BRAND NEW, IN BOX, FULL SIZE .5 OZ BID WITH CONFIDENCE. SEE MY 100% FEEDBACK I ACCEPT PAYPAL ...