Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo Spray 3.2oz Reviews

Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo Spray 3.2oz

Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo Spray: $21 Worth of Powder on the Floor.

Jan 2, 2008 (Updated Jan 2, 2008)

Pros:I'll let you know if I think of any.

Cons:Messy; requires too much effort; fumes; 3.2 oz = ONE USE

The Bottom Line: Avoid the spray at all costs; use the powder form of Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo instead.

I’ve long been a fan of Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo in the original powder form. My hair is highlighted; after shampooing, I typically use both a blow dryer and a CHI flat iron. Needless to say, washing and styling my hair daily is a sure way to accumulate damage.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the excessively dry kind of hair that only looks like it needs to be shampooed a few times per week. Mine tends to look oily and limp just 24 hours after washing. I can’t afford to go around looking like a scumbag, and I certainly don’t want all of my hair to crack off due to over styling. Dry Shampoo is the perfect solution.

Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo absorbs oil, adds volume, and leaves a nice fragrance on the hair. The spray formulation of Dry Shampoo was released in December 2007, and I was excited to try it.

The spray was formulated for photo shoots, where it is “impractical” to shampoo hair between stylings. I haven’t been to a photo shoot since 2005, but I’ve heard that dry shampoos in spray form are oftentimes easier and more convenient to use than the powder form.

To use the spray version of Dry Shampoo, simply spray near roots, let dry, then brush or shake out excess.

It sounded easy enough.

When I use the powder form of Dry Shampoo, I typically part my hair in three sections, make a row of powder in each section, and then brush the powder throughout my hair. I attempted to use the spray in a similar manner: I sprayed near the roots in each of the three sections, and I ended up with very wet, white, matted roots. Hmm.

I could deal with the white matted hair; after all, the Dry Shampoo does take a few moments to dry. I nearly asphyxiated myself, though, and that wasn’t so easy to get over. Dry Shampoo Spray comes in an aerosol can, much like those colored hairsprays that come out around Halloween. The fumes in this thing are mean. I sprayed it onto my hair while standing in the bathroom with the door open, and my poor alveoli were practically screaming.

Once I started breathing again and the wet roots managed to dry, I ran my brush through my hair. It didn’t help much with blending the white, powdery flakes. I finally just shook my hair vigorously, near the roots, using my fingers. It helped dispel the whiteness of the dry shampoo much more than brushing did. A few seconds of shaking my roots got rid of all the white dusty stuff.

After I managed to dust most of the powder off my head, my hair looked passable: the Dry Shampoo added a hint of volume, lightened the area near my roots a bit, and took the shininess away from the root area. I still had a few spots here and there that looked like they could use a touch-up, which doesn’t happen when I use the powder form of Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo.

Remember the white dust I brushed out? Well, it ended up all over our black bathroom rug. Nice.

Of course, after I expended all that effort only in order to avoid expending the effort of washing, drying, and styling my hair, we headed down to 5th Avenue in Seattle to do a little shopping… and it was pouring rain. I worried that the water would cause the traces of powder left in my hair to ball up and look like disgusting dough, but it didn’t happen. Whew!

One thing I loved about the powdered dry shampoo was the light citrus scent. The spray, unfortunately, doesn’t have it.

By this time, the spray form of Dry Shampoo was sitting at about 3 stars. It did an ok job, but not as good a job as the original powder form of the same product. I don’t have time to wait for my dry shampoo to dry in the mornings – I just like to throw it on and go. This stuff has to have drying time, which I just can’t do. The mess is unacceptable. With the powder form, I might get a tad of dust on whatever shirt I’m wearing… but with the spray, I get huge white flakes all over me and all over the floor.

Since I paid for it I thought I might as well give the Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo Spray a second chance. I picked up the bottle, sprayed it, and nothing came out. I tried a few more times, rinsed the nozzle, and tried again. Nothing came out! Right then, I think flames probably came out of my nostrils.

I was pretty perturbed. When I buy the powdered dry shampoo, I pay $19 for 2.5 ounces, which usually lasts 2-3 months. However, I paid $21 for 3.2 ounces of the spray, which lasted… ONE USE?. Either my bottle was defective, some stockboy sprayed it all over the Sephora warehouse and still decided to ship it to me, or this is a horrible, horrible product. For that much money and that many ounces of dry shampoo, I would expect to be able to get at least 15 uses.

If you really want to waste $21, Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo Spray can be purchased from Sephora and sephora.com.

Every other product I’ve ever tried from Oscar Blandi has been absolutely fabulous, which exacerbates my anger when it comes to the dry shampoo spray.

If you’re still interested in dry shampoo, I suggest you try Oscar Blandi’s in the powder form. It’s a good way to extend the time between shampoos so there’s less damage to your hair, and it’s much less likely to incite rage when compared to the spray form.

Brand New!!!!Super Fast Shipping!!!Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Spray 3.2 Oz Come check out our store for hard to find Fragran ces and cosmetics at...

Oscar Blandi Pronto Aerosol Dry Shampoo Spray size:3.2 oz condition: new spray can, unsealed, no box. scent: lemon verbena IMPORTANT NOTICE: THIS ITEM...
amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;div style=text-align:centeramp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;...
Domestic (USA) Shipping:In general we will ship your order same day once payment is received.We will ship your item using USPS First Class if under 13...
Find shampoos, conditioners, and hair treatments at Target.com! Pronto dry shampoo spray is the ultimate time saver in a spray version. Natural rice, ...
We stock thousands of products from well known brands! Use our Search by Brand feature below! --- Select Brand --- 100% Pure ACCA KAPPA Alison Raffael...