Oster 002577-000-000 250 Watts Hand Mixer Reviews

+$7.32 shipping Target

Poor Speed Control and Cord Rewind

Mar 13, 2010
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:Surprisingly high power for a hand held mixer.

Cons:No low speed/power. Cord doesn't retract.

The Bottom Line: I don't recommend this mixer. I'd rather spend a little bit more and get something better made.

My Mom had a Sunbeam Oster mixer for years when I was a child and finally after 30 some years had to repalce it. I don't see how this mixer could live up to that record.

I was really excited about the retractable cord becasue I always hated winding the cord around the mixer body and having it get in the way when I put in the cabinet for storage. This one is worthless. On my first try I realized it was never going to be very satisfactory. I always had to help feed the cord in. After maybe a dozen uses, it doesn't retract more than half way without lots of help and it never retracts all the way, no matter what you do. Very disappointing.

There's really no difference in the speed settings. Even though there are 6 settings, they all seem about the same. The first setting is way too powerful for when you first start to mix something. At the lowest setting unless you have a very tall, wide bowl, you're going to spray the bowl contents all over you and your kitchen. The high speed is indeed very powerful. But I think it is wasted on a mixer you hold by hand.

The mixer comes with beaters, dough hooks, whisks, something called a drink rod. I can't imagine trying to use the dough hooks to make bread dough with a hand mixer. I know my arms aren't that strong! I used the drink rod to mix frozen juice and it made it really frothy.

The too powerful first setting and the poorly retracting cord mean I'll be replacing this as soon as I can.

Find kitchen mix, blend, chop and slice appliances at Target.com! Recommended by target home style expert, sabrina soto, you can easily prepare everyd...

Buy With 100% Confidence Fast Shipping !! Brand New!! Check Other Great Sales | Read our Feedbacks | Add us to Favorite Sellers Item Description: This...
Oster 2577 6-Speed 250-Watt Hand Mixer, Black/Stainless Item Condition Brand new, factory sealed Product Information Module Number:002577-000-000 Ship...
Type: Hand, 6 Speeds, 250 Watts