-5%
Oster 6642 12-Speeds Blender Reviews

Oster 6642 12-Speeds Blender

The Oster of all Osters

Nov 4, 2004 (Updated Nov 5, 2004)

Pros:It is a great addition to the kitchen

Cons:I really cannot think of any.

The Bottom Line: Get one, you won't be sorry.

There is nothing like a fresh, homemade milkshake on a hot Texas Summer day. That was my thoughts the day I ventured into Wal-Mart to find me a blender that would not only make milkshakes, but that could help cool me down with a fresh made margarita or a fruit smoothie. While I was comparing the blenders available to me, I found the Oster 6642 Cube Work Top Blender. When you compare products, I, like the rest of the free world, want the most bangs for my buck. I could have gotten one of these retro-looking, stainless steel high dollar blenders that look wonderful in an upper class house, but I am a middle class renter, who lives on a budget. My budget allowed for me to purchase the Oster 6642 Cube Work Top Blender.

According to the Epinions spec page for this product,"Offering 12 speeds and powered by a 450-watt motor, this Oster 6642 12-Speed blender stirs party dips, pures vegetables, creams butter, chops nuts, whips cream, mixes drinks, grates cheese, blends batters, shreds coconut, grinds coffee beans, liquefies soups, and crushes ice. For precise work there's a pulse button, and the "grate" button also functions as an "easy-clean" control for quickly cleansing the 5 cup, scratch-resistant glass container with soap and water during multibatch work with the same food." Aslo available is a milkshake blade. The milkshake blade adds 35% more air for thicker, frothier shakes. Hard candy, nuts and other hard foods should not be added to shakes when using this blade as they can cause damage to the blade and cause it not to work properly.

Specs from the Oster home page http://www.oster.com :

Model: 6642
Color: White
Features:
· 12 speed blender
· Compact cube design for counter-worthy appeal
· 5-cup scratch resistant and dishwasher safel glass jar
· 450 Watts of Power
· Exclusive All-Metal DriveTM system for power and extra durability
· Stainless Steel ice-crushing blade
· Available in 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16 speeds
· Also available in Black (6795), Grey (6796), Blue (6797), Red (6798), and Almond (6799)

This wonderful addition to my kitchen has made our families lives more enjoyable during the summer. I found myself using my Oster 6642 Cube Work Top Blender several times a day for almost three months. It has held up better than I could have wished. I purchased this beauty for $37.99 and it was the best $40 I have spent.

White. 12 speed push button ''Osterizer'' blender. Glass jar. Revolutionary ice crusher blade. All metal drive system. 5 cup jar. Dishwasher safe/ scr...
Oster 6642 Blender 12 Speed 5 Cup Glass Jar 6642
Powered by a 450-watt motor, the Oster 6642 blender is ready for any chopping, cutting, blending or grating application. The 12-speed settings of this...