-5%
Oster 6642 12-Speeds Blender Reviews

Oster 6642 12-Speeds Blender

Extremely loud, lousy lid, quickly dulling blades = blunder of a blender

May 11, 2009
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:Pulse button is nice since you have to stop and start so much.

Cons:Lousy lid, very loud, blades start to dull quickly

The Bottom Line: I would not recommend this blender to anyone that will use it more than once.  Even with good care, this item was loud, leaky, and blades dull quickly.

I mainly use my blender for mixing cocktails or protein shakes.  I also have the food processor attachment.  My blender stopped blending ice and frozen fruit after about the tenth time.  It seem like I had only used it a couple of times before I had to constantly shake it, stop and stir, and all those little things that you shouldn't have to deal with to get the stuff blended.  It was ridiculous.  Plus the lid that comes with the glass blender jar doesn't fit snug on top of the blender.  If you don't hold that sucker down it will come off.  Anymore than half way full and you will end up with liquid leaking out around the edges of the plastic lid and the clear plastic middle.  It is also very loud.  My five year old daughter has actually told me she doesn't want a milkshake because the blender is so loud and it takes too long (because of all the stopping and starting).  I am not kidding.  This thing is SO loud.  It is easy to clean as it comes completely apart, however, it leaks every where.  As far as the food processor attachment, it is not really big enough to do too much.  It worked fine for pesto and salsa.  It is a decent little processor, but it is little.  If I had not received this as a gift, I definitely would've tried to return it.  It is not something I would consider attractive or convenient.  This blender is more like a chore, and deciding to get it out always comes with some feelings of resentment, which I don't normally feel towards inanimate objects.

Amount Paid (US$): 30-50

White. 12 speed push button ''Osterizer'' blender. Glass jar. Revolutionary ice crusher blade. All metal drive system. 5 cup jar. Dishwasher safe/ scr...
Powered by a 450-watt motor, the Oster 6642 blender is ready for any chopping, cutting, blending or grating application. The 12-speed settings of this...