-5%

Oster 6642 12-Speeds Blender

The Spillmaster

Feb 17, 2003
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:Easy to clean, glass jar.

Cons:Impossible to pour without considerable spillage.

The Bottom Line: Buy it only if you intend to use your blender once or twice a year.

I've used this blender one or two times a week for about two years and it has done an adequate job. My biggest complaint is that the jar design makes it impossible to pour then stop without considerable dripping and spillage.

Cleaning is relatively easy as the base of the jar screws off and the blades, gasket and base can be washed separately. Oddly, the manufacturer says that no part of the jar assembly should be washed in a dishwasher. I did it anyway without any problems (and this had nothing to do with the problem detailed in the next paragraph).

After two years of medium to heavy use, the spindle which connects the base to the jar broke off and it is beyond repair. I am now shopping for a more durable model.

Amount Paid (US$): 32.

White. 12 speed push button ''Osterizer'' blender. Glass jar. Revolutionary ice crusher blade. All metal drive system. 5 cup jar. Dishwasher safe/ scr...
Powered by a 450-watt motor, the Oster 6642 blender is ready for any chopping, cutting, blending or grating application. The 12-speed settings of this...