Oster 2614 2-Speeds Blender Reviews

Oster 2614 2-Speeds Blender

NOT YOUR USUAL HAND JIVE

Oct 3, 2010

Pros:Great for medium sized mixing jobs. I wouldn't be without it.

Cons:No cons

The Bottom Line: scrambles, mixes, purees, blends all with the touch of one button. I wouldn't be without this.

By now, you’ve read my reviews on my http://www.epinions.com/content_526482443908MagicBullet and my new http://www.epinions.com/content_526570327684OsterDesignerBlender. So, why on earth would I need something else to blend or mix my foods?

Anyone who has read my reviews in the past, knows I’m a “gadgeteer”. Like that word? I just made that up. LOL

Anyway, this past Christmas, my daughter-in-law asked me if there was anything special I wanted. I said yes – I wanted a hand blender. Naturally, Jo asked why. My answer was easy. There are just certain things you need to whisk, blend or stir that are either too big for a Magic Bullet and too small for a large blender. You end up using a manual whisk. Well, I naturally, liking to make my life easier, I wanted a hand held blender.

Jo bought me the Oster 2614 Hand Blender and I absolutely love it.
Now I know you’re just wondering what in heaven’s name I’d use it for?

Ah ha! Let me tell you about it first. Then I’ll give you a few secrets.

My 2614 has two speeds, high and slow. Each speed will only work as long as you have the correct button depressed. Once you release it, the blender will stop. That’s a great feature that shouldn’t be ignored. You wouldn’t want to place this down on your counter and have it vibrating all over the place.

My 2614 came with a blending/measuring cup that holds 3 cups. Not bad for a small hand held appliance.

The upper part of the blender is the motor and controller. There is a hard soft plastic loop at the top from which to hang the appliance if you so desire. I just place mine on the shelf in my utility closet where I keep all my small appliances.

The electrical cord measures 60-inces long so there is plenty of room from electrical outlet to counter top for ease in using your Oster hand blender.

The lower part is your stainless steel very, very sharp blade that is encased in a cone-shaped plastic housing that firmly twists onto the motor assembly unit.

Once you twist and snap these two pieces together
, you’re ready to make smoothies, shakes, soups, purees of any kind and more. But wait, I’m not done yet.

The Oster 2614 Hand Held Blender is made of hard molded plastic. The section that houses the speed control is soft rubber that enables you to easily depress either 1 for slow or 2 for high.

To ensure safety
, there is a blade guard covering the blades. This blade guard is slotted to enable your food to easily blend thoroughly without clogging the system.

It's so easy to clean! Unscrew the two halves and just rinse the blade section in hot soapy water! That's it.

I had the craziest but best experience
I had my hand blender just over a year when the blade housing separated from the blade. The blade literally fell out leaving no way to use the appliance. I called the Jarden Corporation (Oster is a subsidiary of Jarden) and asked where I could buy the lower assembly unit. The service rep said the blade should never have loosened and I would be received an entire new hand blender. I explained the age of my appliance and she said it didn’t matter. Oster / Jarden stands behind their products. No, she didn’t want the broken piece back. She said I should just toss it out. Within one week, I had my new FREE hand blender. You just have to love Oster!

I did notice that the lower untis are being made differently now. My old one that fell apart was glued together. With my new one, the blade shaft is actually adhered to the plastic housing with metal flanges. Won't fall apart now! That's for sure.

Anyway, aside from that, I have used my Oster hand blender to scramble eggs. My hubby has my hand whisk doesn’t scramble them enough. He hates seeing the whites of the eggs in the scrambled eggs. The Oster hand blender makes the perfect scrambled eggs.
When the grandkids visit, they completely enjoy the milk shakes I make for them using my hand blender.

It’s great to blend pancake batter and beer batter for I make my onion rings.

After I puree my tomatoes and liquefy my onions in my large blender, I used my hand blender to mix everything together.

There are just so many things you can do with this little Oster hand blender that you can’t do with a Magic Bullet or a larger blender.

Smoothies? No problem!
Milk Shakes?            A breeze!
Scrambled eggs?     Done!
Gravy? No lumps!

Yes, I am satisfied and would recommend this to even my worst enemy. Okay, wait . . let’s not get that carried away. But yes, I’d recommend it.

Handheld Blender, 2 Speed