Oster 6812-001 16-Speeds Blender Reviews

Oster 6812-001 16-Speeds Blender

Decent blender

Jun 20, 2008
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:Sturdy, attractive design

Cons:Anemic

The Bottom Line: This is a decent blender, but I'd put my money toward something a little tougher.

This blender does its job, but it's nothing to write home about.

I really like the over-all design of this blender. It has a big pitcher that holds about 5 cups, and it is very easy to pour. It's also quite sturdy and has held up well in my kitchen.

The whole blender comes apart into a few pieces, so cleaning it is a breeze. I always worry that I'll lose the little rubber seal from the base, but I've had this blender for well over a year now and still haven't managed to lose anything. I've even put the seal into the silverware compartment in my dishwasher on a few occasions and it came out strong.

The feeder cap on the lid is a pretty nifty feature. It allows you to safely add more ingredients to the mix while blending, without splashing.

However, I've found this machine to be somewhat lacking in manpower. The ads say that it can crush ice, leap over tall buildings in a single bound, etc...but I really thought this machine was going to bite the dust while pureeing little cubes of cooked squash for soup. It slowed down almost to a complete stop and made a terrible whining sound. I just use this blender for protein shakes and other thin recipes now.

Work Top Blender, 16 Speed, with Pulse Feature