Oster 6854 14-Speeds Blender Reviews

Oster 6854 14-Speeds Blender

Oster is the best again!

Apr 8, 2009

Pros:powerful, reliable name brand, easy to clean, All metal gears that connect pitcher to motor,

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: Oster is well known, they make great blenders, that is why I knew I would find what I wanted. A blender that is made well, with plenty of power.

I returned to the tried and true blender of my mother's era and I am very happy.  I had another 'famous' brand blender that died just days after the one year warranty, because of plastic parts. So when I went looking for a replacement I vowed not to go on the cheap.  I wanted a blender that had metal parts where the pitcher met the motor. Oster was the only one I could find.

"Well why not I said to myself, it was good enough for mom , it should be good enough for me"  and it was much less than I had planned to spend, another plus.  Got it home and fired it up.. WOW,... great power  14 different speeds, more than I could imagine what to do with. also has a power and pulse button conveniently to the side of the speed knob.

I use my blender a lot  for making protein drinks and smoothies. This machine has no problems at all pulverizing the ice. Not all blenders can deliver on that promise.  The top has an additional cap that opens if you want to add a few more pieces of ice, or drop in some more fruit, etc.  The pitcher lifts off easily, not awkward twisting or turning. the top fits securely but is hard to take off when you are ready to pour. Cups and ounces are marked clearly on the pitcher.  I really like that the pitcher is glass, so it's obviously dishwasher safe. The blades that go inside the bottom of the pitcher are simple to remove with a twist of the bottom assembly and then you only have two other parts to wash; the blade and a rubber gasket. (wash by hand only)  The 'foot print' of the blend is 5", not to small to feel unstable, but not too big as to take over the countertop.

Consisting of an elegant stainless steel chrome finished body, the Oster 6854 fourteen speed blender is a perfect appliance for today’s kitchens. Th...