Mr. Coffee 72179228868 12 Cups Coffee Maker Reviews

Mr. Coffee 72179228868 12 Cups Coffee Maker

Mr. Coffee meet Mr. Brother....

Jan 13, 2010

Pros:inexpensive, simple to use

Cons:no automatic shutoff, ticky to get chamber loaded, some need more frills.

The Bottom Line: Good basic coffee pot.

I'm not much into coffee. I like the smell of it, I know how to make it, but I'm not into it otherwise. But, my brother is. So there are a few occasions that he visits and wants some coffee. He is one of those who can't function without it and likes about a pot's worth to himself. So, for his visits I bought the Mr. Coffee 12 Cup Coffee Maker for under $20 down at Wal Mart to have while he was here, and when he's not, I just store it in the cabinet.

The coffee maker is black in color, and it can make up to 12 cups. It has a glass pot, and on it there are white markings indicating how much is in the pot. The pot also has a little flip top lid that can be taken off. You can wash the pot in the dishwasher on the top rack.

The top part of the maker has a flip up lid where you put the water in the back, then the front part has a removable basket for the filter and ground coffee. This also has a pause and serve feature where you can take the pot out and pour yourself a cup while it is brewing.

The front of this pot just has an on/off switch on it, and you'll need to be sure to switch it off yourself because there's no sort of automatic turn off timer, which I wish it had. But as long as you are around it wouldn't be a problem, but if you're the type who is used to a maker with a timer on it this will take some getting used to.

My brother has no complaints about this coffee maker and he said the coffee was good. My main quip about it other than no automatic shutoff is when you load the water into the chamber you have to be sure to hit it just right or the water will splash back out on you. For those of you that want an easy to use no frills coffee pot, this is for you. But for those with more distinguished coffee needs, you'll probably want something fancier.

You won't spill a precious drop of your java, as this 12-cup coffeemaker has an ergonomically-designed handle and drip-free spout for your comfort and...

Press the power button of the Mr. Coffee VB13 coffee maker for a piping hot cup of coffee. Lift the filter basket out of the brew basket, to quickly a...