Oxo Good Grips 4" Pizza Wheel for Non-Stick Pans - 719812013626 Reviews

Oxo Good Grips 4" Pizza Wheel for Non-Stick Pans - 719812013626

+$5.50 shipping Sur La Table

A Different Pizza Cutter from Oxo -- for Non-Stick Pans

Mar 20, 2012

Pros:smooth wheeled cutting action, rubberized grip, easy to use and clean

Cons:eventually the plastic disc might become nicked (I store it away from other utensils)

The Bottom Line: My impulse purchase of this Oxo Good Grips 4” Pizza Wheel for Non-Stick Pans is working well.

Ever wish for a round cutting wheel to slice through food on a non-stick pan …. Without killing the pan?  Then this Oxo Good Grips 4” Pizza Wheel for Non-Stick Pans might be for you.

Description

This pizza cutter has the traditional non-slip Oxo Good Grips handle, measuring about 4 1/2" long.  The business end is a plastic disk (aka blade) with a tapered edge.  Oxo advertises this as safer than a stainless steel blade. It is dishwasher safe, and the end of the handle has a large hole in it for hanging if desired.

My Experiences

I own a lot of non-stick dishes.  I’m always alert for the proper tools to use with them since I don’t want to destroy the non-stick finish.  So when I was zipping through Target, my eye caught the sale display for this Oxo pizza wheel.  Years ago I owned a smaller version of this type of pizza cutter (made from cheaper plastic); I think it came free with a pizza-making kit.  Using a plastic wheel on non-stick cookware made sense to me.

This cutter wheel is constructed from a clear plastic.  The disc edges are tapered, and the packaging said the cutter could be used on thin or thick pizza crust.  Don’t make the mistake I first did when using this cutter.  There is a protective plastic shield around the disc, which I removed.  What I failed to note was the large clear round sticker on the side of the disc that said: “Safe for Non-Stick Pans”.  I thought it was part of the product; instead the sticker is removable.

My first use of this product was actually on my Corelle dinner plates.  We enjoy the taste of the small round Red Baron Singles pizzas (each pizza serves one person).  I bake them in the oven, and then remove each pizza onto a dinner plate.  This Oxo pizza wheel is perfect for cutting these pizzas into four wedges.  With a single zip of the wheel, the pizza is sliced and ready to eat.  It is much faster than a knife, and the plastic cutter doesn’t harm the plate.

I also use this Oxo wheel to slice bar cookies.  A family favorite are my ginger cookies.  I bake them on a non-stick cookie sheet, and slice them using this cutter.  The pan has four sides; the cutter doesn’t quite cut to the edge, but it works well otherwise.  Every now and then I inspect the wheel for nicks or burrs that might harm non-stick cookware.  I keep the cutter in a special area of my utensil drawer so that it doesn’t bang against other items.

The rubberized grip keeps my fingers on the handle.  No slipping.  The cutter works smoothly, and the disc is not wobbly.  I have had no problems with cutting thick crust pizza or bar cookies.

I hand wash the pizza wheel.  I was sure that the clear plastic wheel would stain from pizza sauce, but it hasn’t.  Perhaps it is because I immediately wash the cutter after using it.  The pizza wheel never sits with tomato sauce or other food on it.

Purchasing

I bought this Oxo pizza cutter on sale at Target for $5.87.  It’s regular price at Target was $8.39.  Online it sells for around $11.99.

Summary

I probably would not have purchased this Oxo Good Grips Pizza Wheel for Non-Stick Pans if it had not been on sale.  It was an impulse purchase, which is working well for me.

I hope you found this review useful.

Enjoy the day,
Dawn

Please read my other reviews:

Corelle Country Cottage  - dinnerware set