Oxo Good Grips Chopper - 1057959UK Reviews

Oxo Good Grips Chopper - 1057959UK

Free Shipping 6pm.com
+$6.00 shipping Bloomingdales.com

Oxo Good Grips Chopper…A Worthy Investment.

Nov 24, 2012 (Updated Nov 24, 2012)

Pros:Fast, Efficient, Easy To Clean

Cons:Not for Everyone

The Bottom Line:

Oxo Good Grips Chopper is a viable manual appliance that delivers results for quick chopping jobs.

Kitchen appliances can often make the difference between an enjoyable and laborious cooking experience often making you look like a better cook than you perhaps, are.  Around our house, as many, we probably have more appliances than we have practical use for, the accent on the word “practical”. Is it practical to pull out a 11 quart food processor to dice onions and peppers for a personal omelet on the go; the answer is relative. Would you rather hand dice or pull out a smaller appliance to achieve the same result?

The idea of a quick solution for chopping on the fly appealed to us and we ended up purchasing an Oxo Good Grips Chopper, as it seemed to address the issues that brought us to that decision. While I have no problem hand dicing, it does make the task easier when you’re faced with cutting up either multiples or larger quantities. The Oxo Good Grips Chopper addresses the space issue, especially the lock down soft surfaced chopping knob.

A 1 cup receptacle is ample for the type of work the Oxo Good Grips Chopper is designed to take on. The actual chopping takes place in the plastic receptacle, which comes with a sealed led for quick storage in the refrigerator or freezer. The plastic bottom is durable enough to withstand the pressure exerted by the chopping blades.

The steel blades rotate as you chop, requiring under a dozen depressions of the strike knob to get to ¼” pieces of onions or peppers, while some vegetables, like carrots, require a bit more effort. You still need to have a knife handy to cut the pieces so they fit in the chopping cup.

Rugged plastic construction makes the Oxo Good Grips Chopper durable under use and easy to machine wash. The blades come apart for easier cleaning, if desired.

All things considered, this is a small manual appliance that fits somewhere in between a quick job with a steady hand and good knife and a 15 lbs. awkward food processor. So, is it necessary or does it even make sense? The answer lies with your needs. If you have arthritis or dexterity issues, fear of knives or want to share the cooking experience with your children or grand kids, the Oxo Good Grips Chopper would certainly appeal to you. Broader appeal would include those who want to make quick work of tedious dicing or chopping. For under $20.00, the Oxo Good Grips Chopper is a great alternative.

OXO Good Grips Food Chopper
Keep the stinging smell of freshly-cut onions away from your nose and hands with the OXO Chopper. Great for nuts, herbs, veggies, and more! ; Chopping...
6pm.com

OXO ChopperIn stock
Make easy work of onions, nuts and more with the Oxo Good Grips Choppers. Press the soft knob and the blades rotate for even chopping. An internal sof...
Simple chopper makes easy work of onions, vegetable, herbs, nuts and more. Just press the soft knob and the blades rotate for even chopping. An intern...
Sur La Table
OXO 1057959 Make easy work of onions, nuts and more with the OXO's Good Grips Choppers. Press the soft knob and the blades rotate for even chopping. ...
Wayfair