-10%

Office Depot

Plustek SmartOffice PL1530

Mar 3, 2011
Rated Show

Pros:Automatic document feeder, fast, works well with OCR like ABBYY FineReader10.

Cons:None

This product is easy to use. It comes with a huge software bundle, amongst others ABBYY FineReader Sprint Plus 6.0. Setup and installation is easy and the scan results are fabulous. I like the fact that the lid of the scanner can be taken off entirely which makes scans from thick books a lot easier. I mostly scan text documents and convert them to PDF which is not a problem with the software included. I use ABBYY FineReader10 PE and could not figure out how to activate the duplex scanning mode. So I called the Plustek hotline and a very friendly and competent employee helped me solve this issue quickly.
Before I bought this scanner I used the OpticSlim2400 for several years and digitalized I don't know how many hundreds of documents. It never gave up on me once and it still works today.
I am very satisfied with both products and I would like to point out their excellent service in case technical help is needed!

Interface: USB

Plustek SmartOffice PS286 Plus Duplex Document Scanner, 25ppm/50ipm, with 50 page ADF. Scans documents and rigid cards to searchable PDF, TIF, JPG, RT...
Office Depot