PNY P-FD16G/MINI-EF (16 GB)

PNY Mini Attaché 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive

Oct 12, 2010

Pros:holds lots of data

Cons:difficult for my arthritic hands to manipulate

The Bottom Line: On the plus side the drive is well-suited for use with most PC or MAC laptop and desktop computers.

PNY Mini Attaché 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive is a handy device for my usage. I don't know how handy it might be for the business world, however, as a real techno NO savvie individual who has been forced to adapt to some of the modern technology and is learning to save files that I want to keep I have tried a variety of zip drives, little floppy discs, CDs and now flash drives.

I review from the standpoint of a non techno expert, rather as an older user and for others who may be as I; willing to learn modern technology, but will never run a business, or otherwise use these devices for much more than genealogy, protecting photos, saving lesson plans and the like.

After losing the caps for several of my flash drives I thought this particular device which has no cap, rather swings out of the housing to use and then back into the housing for transport or storage might be the answer to my problem of lost caps.

On the plus side the drive is well-suited for use with most PC or MAC laptop and desktop computers having USB 2.0 port per the information on the package. Again per the package the device is backwards compatible to USB 1.0, while I do not understand completely; the device does fit the port on my tower, and I have to look at it and then the port to decide whether to push the device into the port or turn the device over before inserting.

I find the PNY Mini Attaché 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive to be pretty durable, swings out easily despite the fact that I invariably try to turn it in the wrong direction initially, and lessens my lost cap problem nicely. Per the information on the packaging the drive is a high performance while low power consumption, non-volatile drive.

I like that I don't worry about using too much power, and the non volatile means I don't need to worry about flash flame something any geek would dismiss, however for those of us bordering on cyber pterodactyl that is a question that I have asked as contemplated beginning to use the first flash drive.
I like that I can easily accumulate and move files I make at home and need in the classroom.

I can see how handy the device might be for those who share photos with family, enjoy genealogy, or other hobbies where files might be created.

I am a classroom teacher and I use a computer at home as well for writing.

One problem I have with the drive for usage at school is that the older tower I use in the classroom only has ports on the back of the computer, they are difficult to get it. The activity light found on the drive is minute and placed on the front of the drive; I have problem trying to see the light flashing when the drive is inserted into the port.

While I do not wear any of the drives I own this particular PNY drive does have a lanyard to attach to the drive for those who do want to wear those around their neck.

I like that this particular type drive is available in a variety of sizes including 2GB, 4GB, 8GB and 16GB. I find the slim profile, allows easy usage with my home tower having two ports one above the other on the front of the tower. It is much easier for me to insert the drive, use and store than fumbling around at the back of the computer trying to locate a port and get the drive inserted correctly.

I have a variety of lesser GB drives including those holding only 1 GB and some at 2,4 and 8 as well as this 16GB. I like having a single drive which is holding all the material for school in one spot. I have not discarded my lesser GB drives, but am beginning to gather only 16s, one for genealogy and one for writing, with the smaller ones related to other files.

While I have never availed myself of the service I like knowing that all PNY USB drives come with free technical support and a 1-year warranty.

I do use my flash drives on the main it to bring files from work to my home, and then to return files to the classroom after working on them at home. On the other hand, I do store many critical writing files and photos as well.

My one complaint regarding the drive is the size, and that is not the fault of the drive, arthritis is causing my grip to lessen, I find I have more problem now trying to pick up and use the drive simply due to the condition of my own hands. I fear the time is quickly approaching that I will need to focus more on larger, chunkier type drives despite liking this small one very much.

Happy to recommend PNY Mini Attaché 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive.

===========================
Reviewed by Molly's Reviews
molly martin
===========================

For Product Details and Shipping Information please click the SEE IT BUTTON and vendor links

Pny P-sdhc8g10-ge Professional 8 Gb Secure Digital High Capacity (sdhc)

Pny P-sdhc8g10-ge Professional 8 Gb Secure Digital High Capacity (sdhc)

Powered by Frooition Pro Shop Search PNY P-SDHC8G10-GE Professional 8 GB Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) Click here to view full size. Full Size I...

Pny 16 Gb Sdhc Class 4 Flash Memory Card P-sdhc16g4h-ge

Pny 16 Gb Sdhc Class 4 Flash Memory Card P-sdhc16g4h-ge

PNY 16 GB SDHC Class 4 Flash Memory Card P-SDHC16G4H-GE From the Manufacturer PNY's SD/SDHC family of cards makes a great solution for point-and-shoot...

PNY P-FD16GHP255-EF 16GB HP USB Flash Drive v255w - USB Flash Drive

PNY P-FD16GHP255-EF 16GB HP USB Flash Drive v255w - USB Flash Drive

With its small size and classic design the HP v255w USB flash drive is the ideal way to transport and share your documents. Thanks to its retractable ...
MacMall
Two Pny Professional 8gb High Speed Sdhc Cards 20mb/s Class 10 P-sdhc8g10-ge

Two Pny Professional 8gb High Speed Sdhc Cards 20mb/s Class 10 P-sdhc8g10-ge

TWO PNY PROFESSIONAL 8GB HIGH SPEED SDHC CARDS 20MB/s CLASS 10 P-SDHC8G10-GE BRAND NEW IN FACTORY SEALED RETAIL PACKAGES TWO FOR ONE BID GENUINE PNY P...
Pny Mini Attache 4gb Usb 2.0 Flash Drive P-fd4gb/mini-ef Usa Red

Pny Mini Attache 4gb Usb 2.0 Flash Drive P-fd4gb/mini-ef Usa Red

Up for bid s new in package PNY 4 GB ATTACHÉ USB FLASH DRIVE BVv Rhe basest decoder
PNY P-FD32GHP255-EF 32GB HP USB Flash Drive v255w

PNY P-FD32GHP255-EF 32GB HP USB Flash Drive v255w

The HP v255w is the perfect Flash Drive for storing transferring and sharing your favorite pictures videos music and more.
MacMall
PNY P-FD16GATT03-GE Attache'3 USB 2.0 Portable Drive - 16GB

PNY P-FD16GATT03-GE Attache'3 USB 2.0 Portable Drive - 16GB

ATTACHE'3 USB 2.0 PORTABLE DRIVE - 16GB
PCM

Pny 16 Gb High Speed Class 4 Memory Card Sdhc P-sdhc16g4h-ge

Pny 16 Gb High Speed Class 4 Memory Card Sdhc P-sdhc16g4h-ge

Item is brand new factory sealed. Shipment Policy: We will ship same day Monday-Saturday if item is paid for by 12pm eastern time and will only ship t...

Pny P-fd32ghp125-fs 32gb Hp Branded Usb Flash Drive (pfd32ghp125ef)

Pny P-fd32ghp125-fs 32gb Hp Branded Usb Flash Drive (pfd32ghp125ef)

Browse our Store | Ask a Question | Return Policy | Promotions | About Us Product Description Specification Payment Shipping Returns Pny P-fd32ghp125-...