PNY Attache III P-FD2GBATT03-EF USB 2.0 Flash Drive

2 GB Attaché Flash Drive integrated slide Cap

Sep 6, 2012 (Updated Sep 6, 2012)

Pros:Free technical support and 1-year warranty are added pluses.

Cons:Slide can be difficult for my fingers to manipulate.

The Bottom Line: May be difficult to insert two slide back protective cover devices into adjacent drive ports.

Caveat: I write not as a computer literate person, rather I’m one of the generation which saw the advent of computers, have learned to use one somewhat, have two kids and a nephew who have eaten the machines alive from childhood and I write for the audience much as am I: older, perhaps female, school teacher types who have had to learn to use the machine without really knowing too much about them continue not understanding everything said to or read by self regarding the machine, peripherals or anything else regarding these beastly devices.I read many articles regarding computer components offered by those who are far more knowledgeable than I regarding the computer and its varied parts; I am sad to say, I don’t always understand what it is I am reading. So, I will write for the reader who may also be a tad less versed in computer workings and will tell of my own experience with mouse, or keyboard or other component.
==========

PNY Attaché 2 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive With Integrated, Sliding Plugin Protective Mechanism is a storage drive I soon moved to after using the 1 GB for a while; I needed more storage capability.  I am pretty much a cyber pterodactyl and write strictly from the viewpoint of a dinosaur who continues learning to use this modern technology. Technical questions keep on leaving me staring in vacant non understanding. It is uncomfortable. Both sons are computer aware and mom is a slow learner.

This high performance External Drive having black plastic case, measuring about .5 inch wide, 2 inches long, plastic slide pushes back to expose the plug in for placing in USB port on laptop or table top computer  - works with Windows ReadyBoost to advance performance and system responsiveness in Windows Vista, while I do not have Windows Vista and am not entirely certain what that means; it does sound positive for those who DO have Windows Vista.

I like that the drive is compatible with most laptops; both PC and MAC as well as with desktop computers having accessible USB 2.0 port, and it is Backwards compatible to USB 1.0; again I’m not certain what the last statement  actually says, however it does sound positive.

I had thought the integrated sliding cap would prove more advantageous.  After losing caps from a diversity of drives the sliding cap continues to hold a good bit of appeal, on the other hand, due to the arthritis the cap is difficult to slide now and then.  And,

Free technical support and 1-year warranty are added pluses.

Product information for this particular drive indicates that the Attaché 2 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive is compatible with the largest part of PC and Mac computers on the market, provides first-class performance as a low power, non volatile storage unit maximizing storage capability, resolution and speed in a small device.  And even though I don’t completely understand all the verbiage I read on the packaging I am pleased with the performance of the drive itself.

The PNY 2 GB Attaché External Flash Drive data provided on the packaging indicates this drive is USB 2.0 compatible & backwards-compatible with USB 1.1; those in the know will understand the verbiage whether I do or not.

My PNY Attaché 2 GB, USB 2.0 External Flash Drive is a device I purchased for myself; the local Staples often runs specials and I generally buy during the back to school sales period when everything school related including external drives can be found at lower prices as kids from tots to college age and teachers are heading back to the classroom.

The PNY Attaché 2 GB Flash Drive proved itself to be a good choice for carrying files back and forth from home to school for a time; providing the decisive portable storage answer for busy people allowing users to save and move images, movies, pictures, games, documents, and more, usage of small external drives has become one of the most popular methods for saving and transporting materials.

I have been very satisfied with PNY Attaché 2 GB and larger USB 2.0 Flash Drives.  I carry mine to school and back in a rolling brief case style unit in an empty, metal, dark chocolate pearl Godiva chocolate candy container; the external flash drive is handy, the candy was delicious.

One small problem I have encountered in using the Sliding type cap device has been the result of my trying to use two sliding devices with the 2 ports on the front of my home PC.  The front ports found on my school machine are set a tad further apart and I do not encounter the same problem as when inserting two into the frontal ports at home.  The slide device causes these drives to be a tad chunkier than others of the devices having removable caps.

Despite a good bit of initial trepidation harbored by myself concerning computers in general, I have learned to use one with some dexterity, if not with much working knowledge of what really makes the machine actually work.  While I had at the start thought I would simply buy a word processor; sons insisted that a computer would prove more advantageous over time, they have been proven correct over time.

I have now used a computer for writing for several years, and while I have snarled as stored data on my computer hard drive disappeared during a crash leaving me with half a book to redo; I began to use storage devices to back up the writing.  Beginning with small 3.5 floppies and the larger ones too I continued snarling they too lost information. Storing information on zip drives, CDs did prove somewhat more reliable, however it can be a hassle to find a zip reader, or carry piles of CDs with me to the classroom.

These little, external drives for storing information have proven more handy; they store more information and for a time flash drives were far and away the best devices I found for storing family photos, files, genealogy data, novels in progress and children’s work sheets for the classroom.

I find exceedingly handy that I can work on data at home, copy files from my PC to Attaché and other model drives, and take to school where it is simplicity to access data. I insert the drive into the port and locate the drive on the PC. Preparing year end room inventory, first grade supply list for the fall term, quarter and semester grades for students for their report cards, and the report cards themselves now prove to be simple to prepare and simple to store in case they are needed in future. I like the freedom I enjoy to work at home and then down load materials to the school computer; my lugging heavy paper files to and from school as I often did during the end of the school hurry up and get it done rush is a thing of the past.

I find beneficial that the data saved to the external drive can be revised and saved, added to if need be, and can be erased when no longer needed. This was not the case with most of the CDs I made for classroom usage, or for genealogy work. Classroom files and genealogy materials do take a good bit of rewrite revision, as a rule are not a finished product within a work session, but do need to be saved for working on later.  I found myself preparing more CDs; a method that proved cumbersome at best.  However, after losing disappearing information in a poof of obscurity leaves me wary to save files only to the PC hard drive for saving to the storage device at a later date.  Using small external drives means I can save as often and as much as I choose, can changes whenever I need and can transport to and from the PC with ease, and even my habit now for making 2 back ups at a sitting just in case results only in 2 small external drives in the chocolate can rather than a stack of CDs etc.

I found the major drawback for using these small drives has been in identifying which device is which at a glance, it is not easy to write a label for most drives; I have gone to either color, GB size, or shape and style of the drive itself i.e.  sliding cap is genealogy, attached swing out type device is school info, the 4 GB is novels, not necessarily in that order, however you get the picture.

The advent of the computer makes it possible to amass, transfer, and share music, documents, photos, videos, from PC to PC without problem.  The advent of storage mechanism allows saving the music, documents, etc much easier.  Losing nearly a third of a novel I was working on to a zip disk problem sent me looking for more secure method for saving work; beginning to use small external flash drives was a natural progression in my evolution toward computer sense.

While I do work on school items at home, and accumulate genealogy information and then move the information to either my school computer, or share with my sister; I really have not attempted to download movies, videos or music. Text as documents or PDFs is the largest part of my usage.

I like that I can connect to a printer and print photos or simply view to see what I have.

Happy to recommend PNY Attaché 2 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive With Integrated, Sliding Plugin Protective Mechanism

MORE FLASH DRIVE REVIEWS

4 GB PNY Attaché

1 GB PNY Drive

PNY PINK BREAST CANCER AWARENESS

===========================
Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly   martin
===========================

For more product information including  details, facts, shipping information and the like  please check the SEE IT buttons and/or vendor links.

Pny Attach P-fd8gbatt03-ef Flash Drive - 8 Gb Usb 2.0 - Usb (pfd8gbatt03ef)

Pny Attach P-fd8gbatt03-ef Flash Drive - 8 Gb Usb 2.0 - Usb (pfd8gbatt03ef)

Browse our Store | Ask a Question | Return Policy | Promotions | About Us Product Description Specification Payment Shipping Returns Pny Attach P-fd8g...

PNY Attache Flash Drive - 8GB, USB 2.0 - P-FD8GBATT03-EF

PNY Attache Flash Drive - 8GB, USB 2.0 - P-FD8GBATT03-EF

The PNY 8GB Attache USB Flash Drive is the ultimate mobile storage option. With this 8GB flash drive, people can carry their work with ease, wherever ...

PNY Attache III 8 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive P-FD8GBATT03-GE (Black)

PNY Attache III 8 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive P-FD8GBATT03-GE (Black)

Features: Capacity: 8 GB Brand Name : PNY Model : P-FD8GBATT03-GE Memory Storage Capacity : 8 GB Hardware Platform : Pc Capacity: 8 GB Product Informa...
Pny P-fd8gbatt03-ge Attache Black Flash Drive - 8gb, Usb 2.0

Pny P-fd8gbatt03-ge Attache Black Flash Drive - 8gb, Usb 2.0

BRAND NEW, FACTORY SEALED. FAST FREE SHIPPING. PNY Attache 8GB 2.0 USB Flash Drive (Black) Model: P-FD8GBATT03-GE Technical Details Simply copy the fi...

4 Gb Pny Attache Iii Usb 2.0 Flash Drive Retractable P-fd4gbatt03-ge Genuine

4 Gb Pny Attache Iii Usb 2.0 Flash Drive Retractable P-fd4gbatt03-ge Genuine

nhts store PNY 4GB Main features: Model P-FD4GBATT03-GE 4 GB capacity High Speed USB 2.0 interface Plug and play PAYMENT, SHIPPING AND OTHER CONDITION...

Pny Technologies P-FD4GBATT03-GE Attache USB Drive 4GB Black 4GB Black

Pny Technologies P-FD4GBATT03-GE Attache USB Drive 4GB Black 4GB Black

The PNY 4GB Attache Flash Drive is compatible with electronic devices that have USB 2.0 ports and is backwards compatible to USB 1.0 as well. Designed...

8 Gb Pny Attache Iii Usb 2.0 Flash Drive Retractable P-fd8gbatt03-ge Genuine

8 Gb Pny Attache Iii Usb 2.0 Flash Drive Retractable P-fd8gbatt03-ge Genuine

PNY 8GB Main features: Model P-FD8GBATT03-GE 8 GB capacity High Speed USB 2.0 interface Plug and play PAYMENT, SHIPPING AND OTHER CONDITIONS - PLEASE ...

Pny Attache Iii 8 Gb Usb 2.0 Flash Jump Storage Drive P-fd8gbatt03-ge Black

Pny Attache Iii 8 Gb Usb 2.0 Flash Jump Storage Drive P-fd8gbatt03-ge Black

High Performance USB 2.0 Flash Drive - works with Windows ReadyBoost to boost performance and system responsiveness in Windows Vista Compatible with m...
Pny Attaché 8gb Usb 2.0 Flash Drive P-fd8gbatt2-ef