POWERWASHER® 1700 PSI Electric Pressure Washer Reviews

POWERWASHER® 1700 PSI Electric Pressure Washer

POWERWASHER® 1700 PSI Electric Pressure Washer: I'm VERY Pleased

May 29, 2012 (Updated May 29, 2012)

Pros:Very portable
good reach
cleans well
relatively quiet

Cons:nothing to speak of

The Bottom Line: This 1700PSI POWERWASHER brand pressure washer is able to handle all the multi-chores I needed it for. It's a winner!

For the past "lotta years," (I own this same home for over 40 years) I have been renting gas powered power washers to clean my home. One side of my home, open to our outdoor living space of a pergola, patio and flower gardens, faces north and gets a growth of mold every year on the vinyl siding  that I have to attack with the pressure washer. The gas washers, no matter the brand have always worked well for my home use. What I never liked was having to use a gas engine because of its noise and though they have started easily enough, I still had to deal with a pull cord, and filling up with gas after much use.

This year when the subject came up about my renting another power washer my daughter's boyfriend stated we should try using his family's electric  POWERWASHER® brand 1700 PSI Electric Pressure Washer. So without hesitation, I thought I would try it. The price was right and I never used a smaller electric power washer before.

POWERWASHER® 1700 PSI Electric Pressure Washer

This unit that I borrowed and used for a two week period doing an assortment of different cleaning jobs was terrific to use! The unit is quite compact standing at about 30" high on a base filling about 15" x 18". It has two large wheels that make the tilt and walk easy for moving from place to place.

That said it's the 35' power cord that makes this extremely  handy and easy to use over a large area without constantly moving. The cord has a GFI end for safety reasons. I liked that because when I used the front of my home I had to use a non GFI outlet because I do not have outdoor outlets there and had to go inside my home for power.

The long power wash hose, perhaps 25', made it easy from me to do large areas without having to move the machine from place to place.  My son also had plenty of "reach room" when he was up on the ladder some fifteen feet up.

I also liked the set up. It's a snap, literally. This pressure washer needs a garden hose to feed it water. The machine has an adapter that is threaded onto the male end of the garden hose from there it's a solid "snap" on to the machine, no leaks or lost water pressure.  The water then feeds through the electric motor when the handle is squeezed allowing the pressure to come out through the nozzle.

pops Take

I used this machine for a two week period taking advantage of the extra time not having to return the pressure washer the next day due to extra fees. This particular POWERWASHER with 1700 PSI had all the power I needed. It has three different settings for using the nozzle. I used the medium fan spray rather than the wide. I never used the cleaning solution using plain water and pressure alone for all my chores.

I did do the siding on the rear surfaces of my home. I also cleaned my front porch with it's overhead painted over aluminum siding that cleaned well except for pitting that is in this fifty year plus old siding in front. It's there that the pressure pulled the paint off the surface. That was the only problem I ever had with the machine but I wasn't surprised.

All the other painted surfaces cleaned well but old stains remained and, though I painted this areas some five years ago, it need a new paint job.  Overall though, the front porch looks great! That includes the concrete platform that the porch has as a base. It cleaned well! It's here that the gas power washer cleaned faster because I didn't have restrictions of power cleaning concrete as I did other less durable surfaces.

I also cleaned my small three step back porch for painting. Ha, with this weather of showers nearly every day, we have yet to paint it. I liked that I was able to control the pressure of the spray via a dial mounted in the front of the machine. That was important to me because too much pressure raised the grain on wood and when painted, is not a smooth looking as it could be.

I also cleaned, using the same medium fan spray, the painted wood railings that enclose the porch. Some was dirty and the north side had a slight build up of mold. All came off easily.

My grown daughter used the machine to clean all her children's outside toys. What I like is that it cleans those tough to clean areas that a brush, rags and such just can't get into. It's also hands off and much easier to use for cleaning.

I took advantage of the machine using it to clean our ten year old outdoor dining set. The pressure is enough to clean yet I didn't have to be careful not to have it set too high as to damage the surfaces of the vinyl strapping. I also cleaned my cooler that has a pitted finish that is always tough to clean. Using the P1700PSI sprayer made the job easy to do and far cleaner than when I did it by hand with cleaning chemicals.

As mentioned I really like the electric powerwasher vs a gas powered that I used for years that did have more pressure power but that extra didn't really help me in the regular cleaning I do year to year.

Electric power is relatively quiet and I like the system that turns the machine on and off automatically as the trigger is pulled. That's when the noise level goes up a bit but it's nothing like a gas powered engine. It's quieter than  an electric blower but a bit more than an electric hedge trimmer.

So I borrowed this POWERWASHER brand 1700 PSI pressure washer for a couple of weeks and I have found it to be excellent for my home use. It's convenient with storage areas for all and it's very portable. Most of all though, it has the power that I needed for many different kinds of chores I have outside my old home.
I recommend this POWERWASHER brand 1700PSI for you and for me.

POWERWASHER 1700 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
Powerwasher Universal Pressure Washer Accessory Kit (electric)

Powerwasher Universal Pressure Washer Accessory Kit (electric)

About Us Shipping Returns Contact Us Faq's All categories Click here to view full size. Full Size Image Click to close full size. Powerwasher Universa...

Powerwasher PWS1400-W 1,450 PSI Electric Pressure Washer Discontinued by Manufacturer

Powerwasher PWS1400-W 1450 psi electric pressure washer features a maintenance free universal motor, automatic total stop system, detergent applicator...
Powerwasher 11poe-140 Electric Pressure Washer 1450 Psi, 1.4 Gpm

Powerwasher 11poe-140 Electric Pressure Washer 1450 Psi, 1.4 Gpm

Powered by Frooition Pro About Us Shipping Returns FAQ Warranty Contact Us Shop Search Click here to view full size. Full Size Image Click to close fu...

Powerwasher 80011 Universal Pressure Washer 1/4-inch By 25-foot Replacement Hose

Powerwasher 80011 Universal Pressure Washer 1/4-Inch by 25-Foot Replacement Hose Features of Powerwasher 80011 Universal Pressure Washer 1/4-Inch by 2...

PowerWasher Electric 2200 PSI HP Foamier Kit 80085

PowerWasher Electric 2200 PSI HP Foamier Kit 80085

PowerWasher 80085 Features: -Applies detergents and cleaning chemicals to the surface at high pressure using your Electric PW.-Ideal for cleaning thos...
Wayfair

Powerwasher 1450 Psi (electric - Cold Water) Pressure Washer Pws1400-w

Powerwasher 1450 Psi (electric - Cold Water) Pressure Washer Pws1400-w

amp;lt;div style=text-align:centeramp;gt;amp;lt;img src=http://ti2.auctiva.com/sw/java.gif border=0amp;gt;amp;lt;br amp;gt;amp;lt;table align=centeram...

Powerwasher 80012 Universal Electric Pressure Washer Replacement Gun and Hose

Powerwasher 80012 Universal Electric Pressure Washer Replacement Gun and Hose

The FAIP powerwasher universal replacement gun and hose kit replaces your existing pressure washer's old or damaged gun-and-hose assembly. The spray g...
Powerwasher 80011 Universal Pressure Washer 1/4-inch By 25-foot Replacement

Powerwasher 80011 Universal Pressure Washer 1/4-inch By 25-foot Replacement

NEW Powerwasher 80011 Universal Pressure Washer 1/4-Inch by 25-Foot Replacement List Price $41.73 Today's pric$32.10 Features 1/4-inch-by-25-foot univ...

PowerWasher Cold Water Electric / Gas 3000 PSI Fixed-Hand Brush 81K010SH

PowerWasher Cold Water Electric / Gas 3000 PSI Fixed-Hand Brush 81K010SH

PowerWasher 81K010SH Features: -Angular heads allows user to clean in between tough to reach places.-Feathered bristles prevent scratching painted sur...
Wayfair