PRECISION FOODS, INC 60325 KOSHER DILL PICKLE MIX (Mrs. Wages) Reviews

PRECISION FOODS, INC 60325 KOSHER DILL PICKLE MIX (Mrs. Wages)

+$10.94 shipping Walmart.com

Yummy and Easy Pickles - Mrs. Wages Kosher Dill Pickle Mix

Sep 8, 2011 (Updated Sep 9, 2011)

Pros:makes pickle making easy, price

Cons:salt content, only get six instead of seven quarts of pickles

The Bottom Line:

If you are interested in making your own dill pickles, we would recommend using Mrs. Wages Create Pickle Mix, Quick Process, Kosher Dill Pickles in a 6.5 ounce pouch.

My husband loves to make pickles. We have a microwave pickle recipe that we normally use but this year my husband wanted to try and can some so we would have them over the winter months. I went searching for a canning mixture and found Mrs. Wages Create Pickle Mix, Quick Process, Kosher Dill Pickles in a 6.5 ounce pouch.

Mrs. Wages Kosher Dill Pickle Mix comes in a 6.5 ounce pouch. This is the only size I have seen it in. One pouch makes seven quarts of pickles. Mrs. Wages makes the process of making dill pickles easy.  You will start by preparing your canning jars and lids to sterilize the jars. You will need about 50 3 to 4 inch cucumbers. Wash and either cut into spears, dice or leave whole. We like to cut ours into spears but have sliced a few jars for pickles for sandwiches.  Take the dill pickle mix and combine it with 3 1/3 cups of white vinegar and 7 1/3 cups of water in a pan and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. The mixture should dissolve. Put the cucumbers in the jar and pour the hot mixture on top.  We then seal the jars and put in a boiling water bath canner. We then cook them for about ten minutes and allow them to seal. You can eat the dill pickles after 24 hours. It does state on the package that the boiling bath process is not required if you are going to eat the pickles within two weeks of making.

The ingredients in Mrs. Wages Kosher Dill Pickle Mix are salt, maltodextrin, garlic, spice extractives, and citric acid. These ingredients were taken right from the package but please check packaging before purchasing as these items may change.

My family likes the taste of pickles made with Mrs. Wages Kosher Dill Pickle Mix. They have a crisp garlicky dill pickle taste.  I like that they are inexpensive to make too. A packet of Mrs. Wages Kosher Dill Pickle Mix costs $2.49 at my store. So for less than four dollars we can make seven quarts of pickles.

We have used Mrs. Wages Kosher Dill Pickle Mix about six times to make pickles. Each time we only got six quart jars instead of the seven they state the mixture makes.

The only thing that may concern some with the Mrs. Wages Kosher Dill Pickle Mix is the salt content. A serving of Mrs. Wages Kosher Dill Pickle Mix is ¼ teaspoon and the salt content is 360 mg per serving.

Mrs. Wages Kosher Dill Pickle Mix can be found at some grocery stores. There are only certain grocery stores in my area that carry this mixture. So if you are looking for it, you may want to call your stores to see if they have it. Mrs. Wages Kosher Dill Pickle Mix can be found in the aisle with the canning jars which in my stores in also where the plastic storage containers are.  I have also seen the packets sold online.

We enjoy making and eating dill pickles made with Mrs. Wages Kosher Dill Pickle Mix. Mrs. Wages Kosher Dill Pickle Mix makes the process of making pickles easy. We no longer have to worry about having all the right spices on hand; we just need to have a pouch of Dill Pickle Mix on hand. The whole process can be a bit time consuming but making pickles is time consuming. The results are well worth it though. I love having pickles on hand year round. I think they taste even better because we made them.

Mrs. Wages Quick Process Kosher Dill Pickle Mix lets you enjoy the robust flavor of a dill pickle with garlic. This mix contains natural herbs and spi...
Soups Online