Written: May 26, 2007 (Updated Jun 27, 2007)
a Helpful Review
by the Epinions community
Pros:Sound Quality, Light Weight, Charging Options
Cons:Range, Inconsistent Connectivity, Charging Connectors Fit and Finishing
The Bottom Line: For the price you should look into something better.
I received this unit a few days ago and I have to say that I'm not impressed!
Let's Start with the PRO's:
1. The sound quality is very good, as long as you are within range... which leads the one of the CON's.
2. Light weight. I don't think you can get a bluetooth headset lighter than this one.
3. Charging via a AAA battery. It's great if you are on the go and need a boost in power.
4. When the headset is in the pocket carrier it will vibrate when an incoming call is noted.
1. Range is not that great. I have to have the phone within 3 feet of my headset to get a clear connection.
2. The AAA and wall charging connectors are poorly designed. It's very difficult to take the connectors off.
3. Sometimes the caller on the other end can't hear me well. The most common complaint is the headset makes me sound "echoy" or like I'm under water.
4. Connectivity is not consistent. I usually have no problem making calls but when receiving a call the headset will connect then disconnect.
Overall it's not a great headset. I am disappointed that a well known company like Palm and/ or Plantronic can't make a headset to work the Treo seamlessly.
One last thing, be very careful with pocket carrier since the clip is not "tight". The carrier with the headset in it fell out of my shirt pocket a few times when I leaned over. Good thing none of those times were over the toilet; just be careful.
********** One Month Update***********
I must say, this product disappoints me more and more everyday! If I were to rate it now out of five stars I would give it one and a half star. I have officially lost 2 year buds and render the headset USELESS... more so than before!
For about 2 weeks now my ear bud has detached from the headset about 18 times. Today the headset and holster fell out of my pocket... again (see my review in the CON's sections) and somehow the earbud came off and MIA.
I am about to throw this headset against the wall because after speaking with Palm's tech support regarding the connectivity issues the headset is still doing the same thing (see the con's section).
I can't believe I WASTED $65 on this. By the way, A friend of mine has a Motorola Bluetooth headset and he can receive calls through 3 rooms at about 20 feet with walls and I can barely get clear connection within 3 feet.
Please don't waste your money on this product and look for another ear piece.
Read all 1 Reviews
Write a Review