Pampered Chef 1900

The Best - Pampered Chef Clock/Timer

Nov 9, 2010 (Updated Nov 9, 2010)

Pros:excellent timer, 0-9 key pad, durable, clear button, easy to use, easy to clean

Cons:watch battery, only comes in white, price

The Bottom Line:

If you are looking for a Clock/Timer, I would highly recommend the Pampered Chef Clock/Timer. It is a bit more expensive but worth it.

My first digital timer that I owned was the Pampered Chef Clock/Timer.  I had never owned a digital timer before this so I wasn’t really sure what to expect. I was using my LUX manual timer which you had to “wind” to the time you wanted and sometimes it kept running and sometimes it didn’t. I was hoping the Pampered Chef Clock/Timer would keep time a lot better.

I was at a Pampered Chef party and saw the Pampered Chef Clock/Timer. Since I was having some issues with my LUX timer, I figured I could use a new timer.  I thought the timer was a bit expensive but figured I would give it a try.

The Pampered Chef Clock/Timer is a white digital timer. It has a LCD screen with a 0-9 number pad, a CLOCK, COUNT UP and TIMER buttons. There is also a CLEAR button and a STOP/START button.  The Pampered Chef Clock/Timer has a magnet on the clip so it can be placed on the refrigerator or the clip can be used to attach to your clothes or open it up as a stand. There is a clear plastic shield over the front of the timer to help keep the timer clean. This also makes it easier to clean. You just need to wipe it clean with a damp cloth. The plastic shield also has the Pampered Chef logo on it.

When you receive your Pampered Chef Clock/Timer you will need to put the button sell battery into the battery compartment. Just slide off the cover and insert the battery. Once you have done this you place the cover back on. This is one thing I didn’t like about the Pampered Chef Clock/Timer was that it required a button cell (watch) battery. When I had to replace the battery I had to go out and buy a battery, this is not a type of battery I have laying in my cupboards.

The Pampered Chef Clock/Timer functions is both a clock and a timer. To use the clock you press the clock button and hold it down until the blinking dashes appear. You need to press the start/stop to choose am or pm. Press the number 0 to move the blinking dash over one place to set time. Press the number pad to set the actual time. When the numbers are entered the clock will start functioning.

To use the timer you need to press the TIMER button and then use the number pad to set the time. Once the time is set, press the start/stop button and the timer will start counting down. If you press the start/stop button again, it will pause the timer. If you press it again, it will restart. Once the timer has reached zero the alarm will go off. The alarm will sound for one minute unless you stop it. To stop the alarm you must push the start/stop button again.  If you do not stop the alarm the timer will tell you how long it’s been since the timer went off. The sound will stop after one minute but the timer will let you know how long until you hit the stop/start button.

This is a nice feature in case you miss the alarm going off; you will know how long it did go off. So let’s say you are outside when the timer goes off and you come back in and see that the timer says three minutes. You now that the alarm went off three minutes ago.

To reset the timer you just need to hit the clear button. This is another function I like about the Pampered Chef Clock/Timer that it has a clear button. With other timers I have owned since the Pampered Chef Clock/Timer you need to hit two buttons to clear the screen. With this timer you have a clear button.

The Pampered Chef Clock/Timer also functions as a stopwatch. If you press the count-up button and then hit the start, it will begin counting up.

As with other Pampered Chef products you need to purchase the Pampered Chef Clock/Timer from a party, a consultant or online. The Pampered Chef Clock/Timer does come with a one year warranty which I did not have to use.

One thing I don’t like about the Pampered Chef Clock/Timer is that it only comes in white. It would be nice if the timer came in different colors to match your décor.

I do like that the Pampered Chef Clock/Timer has the number pad instead of a minute and second button. It’s nice to just be able to plug in a number like 500 instead of having to hit a minute button five times to get the same result.

I know I purchased my Pampered Chef Clock/Timer at a party but I don’t recall what I paid for it as it was so many years ago. They do still sell the Clock/Timer for $16.00. Now some may think that is expensive but I do think it is worth it. It is a durable, reliable timer that lasted me a long time. It also has some functions that other timers do not.

I had the Pampered Chef Clock/Timer for about seven years before it died. I should have replaced it with another Pampered Chef Clock/Timer but I didn’t, I tried other timers.  I currently own a Presto Digital Timer that I like just as much as my Pampered Chef Clock/Timer and it was a lot less expensive. It doesn't have all the functions that the Pampered Chef Clock/Timer has though.

I have used my Pampered Chef Clock/Timer for many things other just timed cooking. The Pampered Chef Clock/Timer is a clock which is nice but something I did not need. I have a large clock on my kitchen wall so I really didn’t need a clock on my refrigerator too. But some may find the clock function very useful. I have used the stopwatch function for playing games and timing races. I was at my nephew’s soccer game over the weekend and my sister used her timer to time the quarters in the soccer game. So you can take your Pampered Chef Clock/Timer as it is small and use it wherever you go.

I loved my Pampered Chef Clock/Timer but did replace it with a cheaper model that does about the same thing but for less. The Pampered Chef Clock/Timer would make a great housewarming or bridal shower gift. Make up a basket of Pampered Chef cooking gadgets and include the Pampered Chef Clock/Timer.

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan

BRAND NEW IN ORIGINAL BOX Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan by The Pampered Chef Includes Use and Care/Recipe information in Eng...

Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl

Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl

Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl. DFO
Pampered Chef Fluted Pan

Pampered Chef Fluted Pan

PAMPERED CHEF FLUTED PAN 49.99 PAMPERED CHEF FLUTED PAN STONEWARE CLASSIC 1440 NEW IN THE BOX

Pampered Chef Petite Bar Board--new

Pampered Chef Petite Bar Board--new

You are purchasing a new Pampered Chef petite bar board. Please note that this is the petite board, not the full-size board. If you want more informat...

The Pampered Chef Simple Additions Fondue Accessory Set

The Pampered Chef Simple Additions Fondue Accessory Set

Product Information: Everyone's favorite, fondue, is updated with this stunning set. Includes Small Bowl, Riser, Petite Square (for candle) and 4 Acce...
Pampered Chef Small Flexible Cutting Boards--new

Pampered Chef Small Flexible Cutting Boards--new

You are purchasing new Pampered Chef small flexible cutting boards. Please note that these are the small boards, not the full-size boards. If you want...

Pampered Chef Bread Tube Flower 1550-6

Pampered Chef Bread Tube Flower 1550-6

Pampered Chef Bread Tube This is a new, in the box, Bread Tube from Pampered Chef. This tube is flower shaped. The item is #1550-6/96. Still in the pl...

Pampered Chef Bountiful Heart 6 Stoneware Mold W/instructions -

Pampered Chef Bountiful Heart 6 Stoneware Mold W/instructions -

Pampered Chef ***BOUNTIFUL HEART*** 6 Stoneware Mold w/Instructions NIB! NEW! Pampered Chef ***BOUNTIFUL HEART*** Large Stoneware Cookie Mold NIB This...

Pampered Chef Coating Trays And Tool 2605

Pampered Chef Coating Trays And Tool 2605

PAMPERED CHEF COATING TRAYS AND TOOL #2605 MIB Description : NEW PAMPERED CHEF COATING TRAYS AND TOOL #2605 MIB DELIVERY CONFORMATION IS INCLUDED IN Y...

Pampered Chef Hold 'n Slice 1101

Pampered Chef Hold 'n Slice 1101

Pampered Chef Hold 'N Slice # 1101 NEW click picture to enlarge click picture to enlarge Consider this Pampered Chef Hold 'N Slice # 1101 ~ Including ...