Pampered Chef Collapsible Bowl 2 qts

Apr 24, 2009 (Updated Apr 24, 2009)

Pros:Wonderful design. Stores well. Very useful

Cons:Only comes in green and white combination

The Bottom Line: Multiple uses. Stores flat.

A new item that came out this Spring through Pampered Chef is the 2 Qt collapsible bowl . This is such an amazingly well designed  bowl. It actually folds down to a flat 1 1/4" size. It's white with a green stripe. This may be it's only flaw since not  everyone loves green and white. It also comes with a lid. The center of the bowl creates a well for chips and dip. A nonskid ring keeps these generous-sized bowls steady and the lids are included. The bowls are dishwasher-safe but must be washed in the fully opened position.

The whole idea is so brilliant, folded down you have a center area  good for salsa, chips or small cuts of cheese and meats. When folded it gives you a surrounding lip that can hold little bread slices, olives, or chips to surround your dip with.  When completely open you have a good size (2,4 qt) bowl for salad, cut fruit,  popcorn or chips. You can decide which area best serves your needs as you're preparing your foods. This is so versatile the hardest part of using this collapsible bowl is deciding which food goes where, you have so many options. If you entertain this is a must have, if you live in a small condo or apartment this stores away flat and takes up very little room. This flat design makes it excellent to take camping, in an RV or on a boat.

I received the whole set for my birthday from my daughter and have used them every week end since. We go out on our boat every week end. I've used them in between to serve our dinner salad and I've put out a large pile of fruit in it for eating outside on the patio. I love their multiple uses and the fact that when done they fold down flat and can be stored without taking up any huge amount of space.

This wonderful Pampered Chef Collapsible Bowl is so handy, it is meant to be used for fruit or veggie salads, soup, hot or cold foods,dips and chips, pasta ,chili and more.Just be aware tomato or watermelon may stain the green area. You can buy a plastic cleaning additive to remove the stains or make a paste of dish washer detergent and water and spread this on the stain for 30 min before rinsing. The lid fits even when the bowl is collapsed so you can transport your dish already prepared and ready to serve. To open, lift up on the rim and press down on center of bowl then just fill bowl as desired.

For cheese spread use this in its collapsed form with the ring holding the crackers or put Shrimp around the edge and the Shrimp sauce in the center. Try Guacamole in the center with crackers and fruit. The variations are only as limited as your imagination.

A few "do's and don'ts": Do not use as a mixing bowl and don't pile other items on the lid. Wash prior to first use. The lid is hand wash only. The bowl is dishwasher-safe. Do not dish wash in the collapsed position.

This wonderful product has a 3 yr guarentee. The 2 qts size is number  2794 in the Pampered Chef catalog and there are two larger sizes available. Give the whole set as a wonderful shower gift or house warming gift. You can earn this when you have a Pampered Chef party or locate your Pampered Chef consultant on line just go to the site or perhaps you have your own personal Pampered Chef consultant.

The 2 Quart Measures:9" across the top and folds down to 1 1/4".

Ads by Google