Pampered Chef Corn Cob Nobs Reviews

Pampered Chef Corn Cob Nobs

Hot Buttered Corn Without Burning Your Fingers - Corn Cob Nobs

Dec 2, 2009 (Updated Dec 2, 2009)

Pros:easy to clean, inexpensive

Cons:bit harder to use

The Bottom Line:

Our family loves eating corn on the cob. It is a must have during the summer months. About seven years ago I was at a Pampered Chef party and saw the Pampered Chef Corn Cob Nobs. I seem to collect gadgets, so I had to have these.

The Pampered Chef Corn Cob Nobs come in a package of eight for around four dollars. I never cook only four ears of corn, so I bought two packs. In the past I also bought the metal nobs that you insert after the corn has been cooked. I liked that with the Pampered Chef Corn Cob Nobs, you could insert them BEFORE cooking so you didn’t have to wrestle with a hot ear of corn trying to insert.

The Pampered Chef Corn Cob Nobs are green knobs that are made of nylon/plastic, which makes them very sturdy and almost unbreakable.

I will admit the Pampered Chef Corn Cob Nobs are a bit harder to use then the metal types. With the Corn Cob Nobs, you need to screw them into the corn and not just push them in. The ends of the Corn Cob Nobs are like a screw. It is easier to insert them into a hot ear of corn then into the precook ear but I love that I can insert them prior to cooking as I always hate fighting with a hot ear of corn.

To use the Pampered Chef Corn Cob Nobs you need to cut off the ends of each corn cob. This makes it easier to insert. If you try and insert into the pointy end of the corn without cutting it off, it can be difficult.

Pampered Chef states that the Corn Cob Nobs can be used prior to boiling, steaming, microwaving, and grilling. I have boiled my corn with them inserted and this works perfect. I have also used them in the microwave and had no problems that way either. I have inserted both before and after cooking.

I have never used these on the grill but if you do grill with the Corn Cob Nobs inserted, you will need to wrap the Nobs in heavy-duty aluminum foil before grilling.

If making only a few ears of corn, I have microwaved corn, with the nobs inserted. Place two to four ears of corn in a covered casserole dish with ½ cup of water. Cook on high for four to five minutes. Remove and let sit for a minute before serving.

I did worry that with cooking them with the corn that they would be hot to the touch when eating the corn. This is not the case. Once I removed the corn and placed it on the table, we were able to eat the corn immediately without burning our fingers on the nobs. The Corn Cob Nobs cool in seconds.

The Corn Cob Nobs are easy to remove once you are done eating your corn also. Just unscrew when done using.

The Pampered Chef Corn Cob Nobs are dishwasher safe. They are easy to clean. I have washed them in the dishwasher and have washed them by hand. When washing in the dishwasher, I place them in my utensil bin and they clean up nicely. You do not have to worry about them rusting or cracking.

I like that the Pampered Chef Corn Cob Nobs are safer to use then the metal kind. I have had the metal kind slip when trying to insert and puncture my finger. This is impossible to do with the Pampered Chef Nobs. Even if they do slip, there is no worry of puncturing yourself.

I am not a Pampered Chef consultant but have been to a lot of parties and have purchased a lot of their products. There are some I like and some that I don’t. There are many I buy and they sit in my cupboards and don’t get use. This is not the case with the Corn Cob Nobs. They get used quite frequently during the summer months.

Like any Pampered Chef item, you need to purchase from a consultant, through a party or online. It would be nice to be able to pick them up in the grocery store or Wal-Mart.

The Corn Cob Nobs do come with a one year warranty which I did not have to use.

Since purchasing my first two sets of Pampered Chef Corn Cob Nobs, I have purchased two more sets as I normally cook a dozen of corn at a time.

The Corn Cob Nobs would make a nice stocking stuffer, housewarming gift or wedding present. Make up a gift basket and include other barbeque items or kitchen gadgets.

The Pampered Chef Corn Cob Nobs are one gadget that I use on a regular basis and would recommend to others. They are easy to use, easy to clean and make eating hot buttered corn easy to do without burning your fingers.

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan

BRAND NEW IN ORIGINAL BOX Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan by The Pampered Chef Includes Use and Care/Recipe information in Eng...

Chef'n Corn Cob Holders (4 Sets)-lemon, 102-060-017, Yellow, Plastic

Chef'n Corn Cob Holders (4 Sets)-lemon, 102-060-017, Yellow, Plastic

The face-covered-in-corn thing youve got going on? Thats a good look for you. You need to sport it more often! Pass the corn and keep your hands away ...

Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl

Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl

Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl. DFO
Pampered Chef Fluted Pan

Pampered Chef Fluted Pan

PAMPERED CHEF FLUTED PAN 49.99 PAMPERED CHEF FLUTED PAN STONEWARE CLASSIC 1440 NEW IN THE BOX

Pampered Chef Petite Bar Board--new

Pampered Chef Petite Bar Board--new

You are purchasing a new Pampered Chef petite bar board. Please note that this is the petite board, not the full-size board. If you want more informat...

Corn Cob Holder - White ABS Handles, Stainless Steel Prongs

Corn Cob Holder - White ABS Handles, Stainless Steel Prongs

Corn Cob Holder - White ABS Handles, Stainless Steel Prongs. 8-Count Retail Pack.
Update International (8)Corn Cob Holder Pack - ABS/Stainless

Update International (8)Corn Cob Holder Pack - ABS/Stainless

Corn Cob Holder, stainless steel prongs, ABS handle (priced per pack, packed 8 holders per pack, 12 packs per master case) ( Update International - CC...
KaTom Restaurant Supply
Pampered Chef Small Flexible Cutting Boards--new

Pampered Chef Small Flexible Cutting Boards--new

You are purchasing new Pampered Chef small flexible cutting boards. Please note that these are the small boards, not the full-size boards. If you want...

Pampered Chef Bread Tube Flower 1550-6

Pampered Chef Bread Tube Flower 1550-6

Pampered Chef Bread Tube This is a new, in the box, Bread Tube from Pampered Chef. This tube is flower shaped. The item is #1550-6/96. Still in the pl...

Update International CCH-30 - 3.5 Corn Cob Holder

Update International CCH-30 - 3.5 Corn Cob Holder

The Update International CCH-30 - Stainless Steel Prongs - Corn Cob Holder - 0.5 x 4.5 x 10 is an important item to keep in every restaurant establish...
Elite Restaurant Equipment