Pampered Chef Crinkle Cutter

Pampered Chef Crinkle Cutter: For festive holiday platters and veggies your kids will beg for!

Nov 26, 2004 (Updated Nov 26, 2004)

Pros:Easily crinkle cuts many foods: carrots, cucumbers, potatoes, fruit, cheeses. Also chops herbs

Cons:Takes some practice to make uniform cuts

The Bottom Line: Affordable alternative to mandolin cutter for crinkle-cut vegetables, fruits, and cheeses.

Since I do a lot of stir-fry cooking and make a lot of salads, I've often considering purchasing a mandolin cutter for some of the fancier cuts of vegetables such as Julienne and crinkle cuts. But the good ones are way too expensive and the cheaper ones, well, just don't look like they do a good job. However, I discovered that Pampered Chef has simple individual tools for such cutting needs that do a very good job and are a fraction of the cost of a quality mandolin cutter.

My latest purchase is the Pampered Chef Crinkle Cutter for crinkle cut vegetables and other foods. Not only do crinkle cut veggies such as carrots and cucumbers just look nice but in my kids' minds they are just more fun to eat. (raw, of course, with ranch dip!)

~About the Product~

The patented curved blade of the Crinkle Cutter measures approximately 8 inches long with a crinkled edge. The sharp stainless steel blade comes with a protective plastic cover for easy storage. The black handle is ergonomically designed to fit comfortably into your hand for easy cutting.

The Crinkle Cutter is available exclusively from Pampered Chef consultants for $9.75. It comes with a manufacturer's 3-year guarantee covering repair or replacement.

For lazy people like me, the Crinkle Cutter is dishwasher-safe. However, if washing the protective blade cover, Pampered Chef recommends hand-washing.

~Product Usage~

My Pampered Chef consultant always likes to demonstrate all the nifty ways their products can be used. Besides vegetables, she used the Crinkle Cutter to cut some hard cheese to make a beautiful cheese platter. In addition, she used it to slice melon! Finally, she showed us how it's a great tool to quickly chop up fresh herbs such as parsley or cilantro.

To slice vegetables such as carrots, hold firmly onto vegetable and rock Crinkle Cutter forward or backward (whichever you prefer) through the vegetable.

For larger items such as melon, use much as you would a knife and slice directly through food.

With herbs just simply rock back and forth over them.

According to the product brochure I received with my Crinkle Cutter, it is not recommended that you use this on hard surfaced cutting edges such as marble as they will potentially dull the blade.

~My Experiences~

So far I have used the Crinkle Cutter to cut carrots and cucumbers and found it quite easy to use. It does take a little practice to get the slices uniformly cut, one disadvantage over a mandolin cutter. However, after a few attempts I did pretty well.

I have used it a few times as well to chop up cilantro. Normally I would have used my Butcher Knife to do this task, but I'm not the most coordinated with big knives so I do prefer the ease of the Crinkle Cutter.

If your kids like crinkle-cut potatoes (either deep-fried or oven-baked) the Crinkle Cutter is perfect for that. The potatoes I bought were small enough that I could just use the rolling technique.

I haven't had the opportunity to use it for cheese or melon yet, but I did test the Crinkle Cutter at the Pampered Chef party I went to on a block of cheese and found it very easy to control and use when using the cutting technique as described above.

~Final Recommendation~

If you don't want to deal with hassle and expense of a mandolin cutter, then the Pampered Chef Crinkle Cutter is an excellent alternative for those of you who like crinkle cut vegetables. If your kids are like mine, anything to make vegetables more interesting makes them more enticing to eat. And for the holiday season and year-around, the Crinkle Cutter is a great way to jazz up your holiday cheese, vegetable, and fruit platters!

I also personally recommend the Crinkle Cutter to those of you like me who somewhat challenged with traditional cutting tools. Anything to make my life easier in the kitchen is worth 5 stars!

Many thanks to mind-full for adding this to our database!

My other Pampered Chef review:

Julienne Peeler

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan

BRAND NEW IN ORIGINAL BOX Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan by The Pampered Chef Includes Use and Care/Recipe information in Eng...

Large Pampered Chef Star Cookie Cutter 1545 - Look

Large Pampered Chef Star Cookie Cutter 1545 - Look

THIS IS FOR A NIB 8 PAMPERED CHEF STAR COOKIE CUTTER. PLEASE EMAIL WITH ANY QUESTIONS.MOST OF THE ITEMS I SELL ARE USED UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE SO THE...

The Pampered Chef 8-inch Mini Baker

The Pampered Chef 8-inch Mini Baker

THE PAMPERED CHEF 8-INCH MINI BAKER This item is very nice it looks to be brand new, I believe this was never used.It also comes with the paperwork in...
The Pampered Chef Measure All Cup #2225

The Pampered Chef Measure All Cup #2225

The Pampered Chef Measure All Cup #2225 - Unique inner cup pushes ingredients out and self cleans outer sleeve.
Pampered Chef Cookie Press 16 Shape Cutters Retired 1525

Pampered Chef Cookie Press 16 Shape Cutters Retired 1525

Pampered Chef Cookie Press 16 Shape Cutters Retired #1525 NEW Includes 16 Shape Cutter Disks recipe booklet not included AUCTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:...

Pampered Chef Simple Additions 7 Square Vegetable Bowl, Fine China Dinnerware - Plain, White, Serve Ware

Pampered Chef - Pampered Chef Simple Additions 7 Square Vegetable Bowl - Plain, White, Serve Ware
Replacements, Ltd.

Pampered Chef Outdoor Party Sticks

Pampered Chef Outdoor Party Sticks

This is a brand new set of outdoors party sticks by pampered chef in plastic. These sticks holds wine bottles and glasses for summer fun. ENJOY!!!!! P...

The Pampered Chef Unused Cookie Pastry Press Cutter 1525 16 Design Disks

The Pampered Chef Unused Cookie Pastry Press Cutter 1525 16 Design Disks

The Pampered Chef New Unused Cookie Pastry Press Cutter #1525 16 Design Disks. New in original box. Never used.Visit My eBay Store: SpidyCents Vintage...

Pampered Chef Bread Tube - Scalloped 1565 - Baking Ice Cream Mold Cookie Cutter

Pampered Chef Bread Tube - Scalloped 1565 - Baking Ice Cream Mold Cookie Cutter

New in the box - Pampered Chef Bread Tube - Scalloped # 1565 - great for Baking breads. Use with Ice Cream to mold and put between cookies that you cu...

Pampered Chef Bread Tube Flower Original Box

Pampered Chef Bread Tube Flower Original Box

Pampered Chef Bread Tube Flower NEW Original Box You are bidding on what is now called 1565 Scalloped Bread Tube. This one is from 1996. New in origin...