Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware: Deep Dish Baker Item 1317 Reviews

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware: Deep Dish Baker Item 1317

Pampered Chef Deep Dish Baker. For that stone-baked experience

Jun 22, 2011

Pros:High quality item. Distributes heat evenly. Retains heat. Easy to clean.

Cons:Requires some special care compared to other bakeware.

The Bottom Line: Pampered Chef hit a homerun with the Deep Dish Baker. It's a great item to have, even if not used a lot.

Pampered Chef is known for having high-quality products that endure over time. That is refreshing when so many products are imported, flimsy junk that last a couple years then get thrown out the moment they break. The Pampered Chef Deep Dish Baker is one of the few Pampered Chef products we own and are glad we have it.

The deep dish is made of heavy clay that was fired in a kiln at 2,000 degrees! It measures about 11” across and is about 1” deep.  This one was originally a beige color but they gradually darken as used, like a trusty old iron skillet.

The instruction packet explains how to season the stone so it’s ready for use, and how to care for it thereafter. You should not wash these in soapy water or a dishwasher, which will ruin it.  Just thoroughly wash in water and use the plastic scraper that comes with it for cleaning off food particles.

The Deep Dish Baker is great for deep dish pizza, which is what we primarily have used it for. It can also be used for pies, quiches, and desserts with a heavy crust. The original instruction booklet even included some recipes. I supposed you could bake other items in it too, but we haven’t tried.

When using it, the stone will not heat up immediately so it may take an experiment or two to see how cooking with stone items works. But it retains heat for a long time and evenly distributes the heat throughout the whole food item. Also, the heat will continue to cook the item in the pan, even after it has been removed from the oven.

I should also note that the Deep Dish Baker weighs several pounds and does not have handles. You have to be a little more careful taking it out of the oven compared to some other cookware. And I don’t recommend setting it directly on the table since that stone will be emanating heat for a long time which could wreck your table top or counter.

I highly recommend the Pampered Chef Deep Dish Baker. We don’t use it a lot but have found it to be a great item for specific food items, and it’s high quality ensures that you’ll get your money’s worth. It will change color over time and not look as nice as when it was new, but that’s part of the charm of cooking with good cookware items that last for decades.

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan

BRAND NEW IN ORIGINAL BOX Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan by The Pampered Chef Includes Use and Care/Recipe information in Eng...

Pampered Chef Stoneware Gingerbread Home Town Train Mold Holiday Collectable

Pampered Chef Stoneware Gingerbread Home Town Train Mold Holiday Collectable

Pampered Chef Gingerbread Mold Home Town Train #1806 Family Heritage Stoneware Like new in box. Holiday collectable Gingerbread Home Town Train Stonew...

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Gingerbread Baking Mold School Post Office

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Gingerbread Baking Mold School Post Office

You are purchasing The Pampered Chef, from the Family Heritage Collection, One Stoneware Gingerbread Mold, School/Post Office, 1997, Baking Mold. Part...